Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Looks cool. I prefer the XM piece.

Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 09:41 PM   #112
darren1228
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
Yeah, but isn't that the case nearly 100% of the time when Venom or Carnage open their mouth? When they open, they open wide. Just a necessary comic conceit.

Same applies to the last SS Carnage. You'd be able to see his head in the mouth. Same with the XM Venom gaping mouth.
True but it's just how empty Carnage's mouth is on this one. With Venom you have the tongue filling in that space and you can sorta see a human head behind all that tissue.

With the Carnage comiquette his mouth slit doesn't extend all the way to the back so I can kinda imagine Cletus Kasady's mouth opening in the same manner.

With this new one the mouth opening extends so far back that Cletus' head would need to be fully deformed to fit.

I know I'm nitpicking over comic book logistics but definitely hoping for a switch out portrait.
darren1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 10:17 PM   #113
darren1228
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
Yup. This isn't Iron Man. It's not just a guy in a suit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bottled_Water View Post
As others have said, the symbiote suit doesn't often act like a suit. Whenever Venom/Carnage open their mouths we technically should see a little face somewhere, but that would probably kill the cool factor. Venom can sometimes get away with it due to his mass, but Carnage is usually a lot slimmer.
I'd say in the old days it was mostly just a suit. Heck they even called it a "suit" or "costume." But I get what you guys are saying though. These things don't make complete sense in the comics either so you can't expect it to fully translate in statue form. Still would've liked them to try and make it fit realistically. Kinda like making Iron Man's head and body big enough so you can picture a human fitting inside (which a lot of companies don't get right).

darren1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 01:50 AM   #114
HiTMAN
The Herculoids

Definitely my favorite Carnage to date and probably the best IMO. I might have to pick one up to go with the P1 Venom.

Hopefully no ugly seams, I don't think this needs any switch outs.
HiTMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2021, 12:40 PM   #115
Mamba
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

This Carnage is fantastic, much better than the previous PF.
Mamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2021, 12:47 PM   #116
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

It is the best licensed one for sure but the side profile of his portrait bothers me as a human head could not be inside there the way they show this . It’s unrealistic
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2021, 01:22 PM   #117
Peedi
The Secret Six

If anybody wants to make sense of it, the way I look at it:

Spider-Man wasn’t completely bonded to the Symbiote, so it very much was just an advanced costume. When Reed Sonic Blasts him, the Symbiote comes off easily and Peter is physically unaffected.

Why does Venom have the full mouth? Why when Venom opens wide you don’t see Eddie’s head inside the mouth? Because Eddie and the Symbiote bonded at a level Peter never reached. When Peter Sonic Blasts Venom, the Symbiote doesn’t remove easily and Eddie is hurt with the Symbiote.

You shouldn’t see Eddie’s head unless the symbiote is hiding in his body, he’s mid transformation or the symboite pulls away from his head…we refer to Venom as “he” or “him”, but Venom has always said they are “We” for a reason. Eddie’s human head no longer exists on its own in a normal way, it’s completely merged with the symbiote in a shared coexistence. The human takes the shape of the symbiote.

I see Carnage as the same.

The problem is other characters who’ve worn Symbiotes and the original logic that was expressed in the comics wasn’t applied (Mac Gargan, everybody that’s been Venomized or Carnagized, etc). It’s become more of an art thing than the original reason.

It also seems to be a form of expression. In ASM #800 when Eddie gives the symbiote to Peter to fight Red Goblin (Green Goblin/Carnage) Peter again wears the symbiote as a costume but only gets the full Venom head with mouth after he’s extremely enraged.

It could be reasoned that angrier characters get the full deformed heads and bond faster…Eddie, Cletus, Mac, etc, all quite disturbed people. Also with Flash Thompson it was established the Symbiotes take on traits from their hosts, if the host is beyond angry, the Symboite bugs out.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2021, 11:28 PM   #118
Starscream77
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indomitus View Post
Looks cool. I prefer the XM piece.

probably the worst face sculpt ever right there. belongs in the trash
Starscream77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2021, 11:35 PM   #119
gomur
The Tick

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren1228 View Post
I'd say in the old days it was mostly just a suit. Heck they even called it a "suit" or "costume." But I get what you guys are saying though. These things don't make complete sense in the comics either so you can't expect it to fully translate in statue form. Still would've liked them to try and make it fit realistically. Kinda like making Iron Man's head and body big enough so you can picture a human fitting inside (which a lot of companies don't get right).

Nice! This cover takes me back.

I'll admit I've stopped thinking about the symbiote suit/human host dynamic in terms of head placement in the years since. But what you say makes sense, Peedi. I guess we accept a certain amount of liberty for the sake of more visually gruesome symbiote depictions.
gomur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 01:11 AM   #120
Biggunz
Loki

Did we get a price point on this...?
Biggunz is offline   Reply With Quote