Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Iron Studios

Old 07-22-2021, 03:10 AM   #11
KiDD
Birdman

The price is definitely hard to swallow, 160 usd for such simple pieces... Meanwhile Threezero are doing 1/6 rangers for 60 dollars less! Easy pass.
KiDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 07:48 AM   #12
Infinite GLORY
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiDD View Post
The price is definitely hard to swallow, 160 usd for such simple pieces... Meanwhile Threezero are doing 1/6 rangers for 60 dollars less! Easy pass.
I mean you are talking about articulated action figures vs sculpted statues. Spandex vs paint. I dont think its the same but to each their own. And I actually like the new White Ranger Threezero showed. The price on these are high I agree. If you get all 7 your looking at $1050 and thats before tax/shipping.

I think the individual pictures of each statue on the site looks great. An unmasked additional head would be cool but I doubt that happens. Probably don't have the actors likeness rights.

After this set I’d love a Zeo line, some Villains. Zords for sure.
Infinite GLORY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 08:05 AM   #13
Black Cat
Thunderstrike

Quote:
You're also talking about a company most people have never heard of
Black Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 11:06 AM   #14
alshadow
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

I can't believe they're all priced the same, even the ones with only a piece of platform as bases.
alshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 11:28 AM   #15
KiDD
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Cat View Post
You're also talking about a company most people have never heard of
Threezero? I beg to differ. Sure they aren't as big as IS, but they've been at it for a long while now and are very well known.
Old 07-22-2021, 11:29 AM   #16
Black Cat
Thunderstrike

Quote:
Threezero? I beg to differ. Sure they aren't as big as IS, but they've been at it for a long while now and are very well known.
Eh not really. I literally had to google them as soon as I read your post and never seen any of their things.
Old 07-22-2021, 11:40 AM   #17
KiDD
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Cat View Post
Eh not really. I literally had to google them as soon as I read your post and never seen any of their things.
Well yeah, but just you doesn't equal "most people".

That being said - I'm not saying that these pieces are bad, even though they could be a bit more accurate as stated earlier in the comments. Some of IS's other 1/10's cost way less than these, which is why I think these are overpriced. I'm not giving anyone a pass just because the whole hobby seems to be going through an inflation.
Old 07-22-2021, 11:44 AM   #18
Black Cat
Thunderstrike

Quote:
Well yeah, but just you doesn't equal "most people".

That being said - I'm not saying that these pieces are bad, even though they could be a bit more accurate as stated earlier in the comments. Some of IS's other 1/10's cost way less than these, which is why I think these are overpriced. I'm not giving anyone a pass just because the whole hobby seems to be going through an inflation.
It probably wasn't just me tbh lol

But I agree, it is going through an inflation but some of the bases looked a little bigger on them or so I thought. I only ordered the Pink Ranger and I thought her base looked a little bigger than most. For the size though, yes they are pricey.
Old 07-22-2021, 03:41 PM   #19
Infinite GLORY
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Price could be $10-$20 cheaper. But $149 is better than $179 or $199. I think they know PR is popular, especially MMPR so they are hoping to make some profit off of it. I think they will.

And not to start arguing in this thread but Threezero is pretty relatively unknown outside of Hong Kong. Iron Studios was too when were just a Brazil company. That was almost 10 years ago. Now they have a presence in the US and are more widely known. Threezero I checked their site and it says they have been making 12” dolls since 2000, and something about partnering in 2008 with someone to be more known worldwide, but honestly until they started making the deluxe transformer figures I never heard of them. Those and the Game of Thrones figures. Again I’m not the end all be all statue toy collector, I’m just saying from my experience is all
Infinite GLORY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 03:23 AM   #20
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
That's because they buy 1/6th scale figure bodies by the thousand for pennies on the dollar and only need to actually have heads, hands and costumes produced.

When you make a statue each one has a mold made. The costs are apples to oranges.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote