Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 03-27-2021, 01:32 PM   #681
lighterheaven
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by worstgamerever View Post
Let it go mate, you and that other dude keep posting again and again how you prefer the IS one. We get it. You prefer it. You've said that many, many times. You can make yourself feel good about one thing, without convincing yourself another is bad or "weird" and so on. It does not need to be binary
In case you didn't notice, I am not repeating myself.
These new posts I made are from new comparison pics.
And there's something new from my post. I never reposted any same pics over and over again.
Even the one that you quoted, I put new pics that I recently found, which is the ear holes.

I don't need to convince myself or anyone, when there are comparison pics for everyone to see. And I said it in my post, each to their own, up to personal preferences. I never said QS is worse than IS. You will never find those words in my post.
I said IS has more texture, and so on, which everyone can observe clearly from the pics. It's not bias/based on my opinion. One member that preordered the QS bust even admitted right here on this thread that the IS bust has more details. I never said it's bad or worse, and I never even said that it's weird. If you read my post, I said that it's stated in the original post (the owner of both busts that took those comparison pics), that he said the QS bust earholes are weird, as in not natural/like normal human shape. Which is, a fact like you can see in the pic. Again, I am just quoting the original poster. It's not my words. You can see and read it yourself from the link that was provided by another member here.

I never say that IS bust is the winner or anything like that. I just said that I am super happy with the end result but in the end it's up to each collector's personal preferences.

And if you complained about me, because of what I said on this IS WW thread, you should say even worse thing to other guys who keep repeating same thing that he thinks is bad/wrong about IS WW bust on this thread.

I said good things about IS WW, right here on the IS WW thread, because I found new pics, and I see nothing wrong about that. This is the right place. So why don't you just complain to the other guy instead, who said the exact same thing over and over again, posted the same pics over and over again.
lighterheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2021, 03:06 PM   #682
Freakyguy666
Sinister Six

Wow looks like IS made a big paint error on the gauntlets. The part nearest to her wrists should be all gold (see movie still) but IS has included SILVER instead of Gold. And the part closest to her elbow on the IS is not even the correct design! What an oversight!

Also the tiera does not sit flush on WW’s forehead in the IS version (see gap in pic).

Not sure why the IS version is getting worse at every turn meanwhile the QS version has been steadily improving.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0A2E36BF-F054-45FB-83B1-1CAFD94B3C5A.png
Views:	103
Size:	527.8 KB
ID:	138059   Click image for larger version

Name:	77A190A2-AD4E-428D-9CEC-DA46EA9AAB0C.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	153.3 KB
ID:	138060   Click image for larger version

Name:	A7333BC3-F31B-4E02-80DE-D63F6BFB1C2F.png
Views:	126
Size:	650.2 KB
ID:	138061  
Freakyguy666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2021, 03:35 PM   #683
bytor33
Frackin!

I don’t have a dog in this race but I’m finding it amusing how new photos change what is considered the best one every other day. It’s obviously just going to come down to how lucky you get with your particular piece.
bytor33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2021, 04:02 PM   #684
lighterheaven
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bytor33 View Post
I don’t have a dog in this race but I’m finding it amusing how new photos change what is considered the best one every other day. It’s obviously just going to come down to how lucky you get with your particular piece.
That is very true! but being lucky aside, I guess from the comparison pics, we can already see what we will get from each bust..

For me, I am happy with the correct hair color, and the details on the hair punching (including the baby hair), the leather textures, the pose and the likeness on the IS WW bust.

One flaw is the color details on the gauntlets, which is easily fixed with paint/markers.. I think it's much easier than fixing the earholes or recoloring the hair..

And the tiara on the IS bust is adjustable so it can be re-positioned whichever you like best.

I read in the link that was posted from one of the members here (the one with more comparison pics) that the owner of both busts stated that the QS WW bust is leaking oil? I really hope that they will fix it and it will not happen to any members here.

But whichever you get, I think you're lucky because both are incredible pieces.
I couldn't imagine that one day we can get something like this as our private collection, with such amazing sculpts and quality!!
Old 03-27-2021, 04:25 PM   #685
oddlysober
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakyguy666 View Post
Wow looks like IS made a big paint error on the gauntlets. The part nearest to her wrists should be all gold (see movie still) but IS has included SILVER instead of Gold. And the part closest to her elbow on the IS is not even the correct design! What an oversight!

Also the tiera does not sit flush on WW’s forehead in the IS version (see gap in pic).

Not sure why the IS version is getting worse at every turn meanwhile the QS version has been steadily improving.
Congrats mate for not getting the IS Wonder Woman bust.
oddlysober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2021, 04:57 PM   #686
Brandon
The X-Men

I have the QS bust, but after seeing the comparison I'm thinking about getting the IS one too. But the forehead still unsettles me. Is it possible to have more hair punched in? or for some bust maker to correct the hairline?
Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2021, 05:12 PM   #687
lighterheaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
I have the QS bust, but after seeing the comparison I'm thinking about getting the IS one too. But the forehead still unsettles me. Is it possible to have more hair punched in? or for some bust maker to correct the hairline?
Well, it's silicone, so yes, it's very doable.
I think I read here that a member punched/added more hair to the Arthur Fleck silicone statue.
Old 03-28-2021, 03:21 AM   #688
Dundee
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
Both are winners. For me the big test is in person. I know many statues that in pictures I think look okay and then in person blow me away.
Both look fantastic and agree it'll be hard to pick one over the other unless it can be seen in person side by side, even then it'll be a hard choice and fans will probably want both lol.

IS one has nicer skin and the full back looks really nice. QS classic pose is iconic and the base is neat and pretty.

Are both of these sold out?
Dundee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2021, 03:53 AM   #689
cocomonk22
Blue Falcon

IS looks sold out. QS found 3 available.
cocomonk22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2021, 04:28 AM   #690
Dundee
Hydra

In that case can't really go wrong with either and some unlucky fans will miss out on both. Though if I had to really pick one, I'd have to split hairs and maybe go with IS. Very, very tough choice but both are winners, both are A grade.
Dundee is offline   Reply With Quote