Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 05-28-2021, 06:23 AM   #171
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

XM Studios News

- Day 25 -

"Day 25 of #XM2021: Rocking into our world from DARK NIGHTS: METAL comes THE DEVASTATOR a nightmarish fusion of the only two beings capable of taking on the Man of Steel— Doomsday and Batman.

The Devastator 1:4 Premium Collectibles Coming Soon."

XM Studios Facebook

GHeroes EU Master Distributor Facebook

GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2021, 08:24 AM   #172
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyBear View Post
XM Studios News

- Day 25 -

"Day 25 of #XM2021: Rocking into our world from DARK NIGHTS: METAL comes THE DEVASTATOR a nightmarish fusion of the only two beings capable of taking on the Man of Steel— Doomsday and Batman.

The Devastator 1:4 Premium Collectibles Coming Soon."

XM Studios Facebook

Is it just me or is the Dark Knights Metal story a little overrated? I thought the one off single issue stories for each version of Batman were cool but the overall story didn't resonate for me. I just can't see XM (or Prime 1 for that matter) selling a lot of these statues.

The Batman Who Laughs seems to be the only one to have a second life moving forward.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2021, 09:08 AM   #173
Mister H
Gen 13

I would take a Grim Knight in 1/4 scale. All the other evil Batman don’t interest me at all.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2021, 09:35 AM   #174
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iko Iko View Post
Is it just me or is the Dark Knights Metal story a little overrated? I thought the one off single issue stories for each version of Batman were cool but the overall story didn't resonate for me. I just can't see XM (or Prime 1 for that matter) selling a lot of these statues.

The Batman Who Laughs seems to be the only one to have a second life moving forward.
It felt like a minor event that came and went to me. I never expected anything besides Batman Who Laughs to have any staying power or a statue. The fact these characters are getting made over ones been around decades is a bit baffling to me.

I should tell people all the ones I want are secretly Batman from a different dimension.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2021, 11:29 AM   #175
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
It felt like a minor event that came and went to me. I never expected anything besides Batman Who Laughs to have any staying power or a statue. The fact these characters are getting made over ones been around decades is a bit baffling to me.

I should tell people all the ones I want are secretly Batman from a different dimension.

Lol. I hope that strategy would work though.

I read Dark Knights Metal in one sitting after the fact. I’ve been reading “Batman” on a monthly basis for years though. I can’t recall anything from DKM that heavily affected or changed anything going on in “Batman”. Having read DKM, if I completely ignored DKM, nothing would be any different.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2021, 12:25 PM   #176
moyiori
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iko Iko View Post

I felt they built the event up way to much and when I finally read it, I was just ok. But the way they are releasing the characters like if they were a bigger deal than what the event presented.

I think BWL was the highest P1 ES, the rest look like they will be way smaller of an ES. I can't see XM fairing that better even at a lower ES and smaller scale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post

Lol on the last part. I agree tho why would I want a set of batman characters that take a ton of space from a story that was barely good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
Lol. I hope that strategy would work though.

I read Dark Knights Metal in one sitting after the fact. I’ve been reading “Batman” on a monthly basis for years though. I can’t recall anything from DKM that heavily affected or changed anything going on in “Batman”. Having read DKM, if I completely ignored DKM, nothing would be any different.
There are so many better stories and beloved characters. I'm guessing WB thought "this sold a bunch of issues, i'm sure they would sell just as well as the event lets push those out quick, different versions of batman will sell more than his stand alone rogues"
moyiori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2021, 07:15 AM   #177
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

XM Studios News

- Day 26 -

"Day 26 of #XM2021: A hero isn't the one who always wins. It's the one who always tries.

Miles Morales Absolute Carnage 1:4 Marvel Premium Collectibles Coming Soon. "

XM Studios Facebook

GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2021, 11:28 AM   #178
PacMan3000
The Spirit

So...is this a different interpretation of Miles? I stopped reading a little before Bendis stopped doing the story, but I don't recall this looks whatsoever.
PacMan3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2021, 11:32 AM   #179
komodo112
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

I can't stand those sneakers. Dumbest idea. I always thought Spider-Man had to be the closest thing to bare foot in order to stick to walls.
komodo112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2021, 07:27 PM   #180
Mister H
Gen 13

Is it me or is XM making some weird choices?
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote