Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 07-06-2023, 05:33 PM   #101
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

OK, where does the Green Lantern movie fit on that timeline? LOL.

I like the DC movies. They unfortunately got whipped by much more popular Marvel movies making them seem somewhat irrelevant.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2023, 06:10 PM   #102
Mister H
Gen 13

So I read this movie is the biggest superhero movie flop. Maybe they should have just made a Keaton Batman movie. Would’ve made a buttload more money. Then allow Affleck to make his Batman. DC should make mostly Batman content with a Supes, GL, WW sprinkled in here and there.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2023, 07:01 PM   #103
qz33
Doctor Doom

^ They would never believe an old Batman could headline a movie by himself. Dial of Destiny is likely not changing any minds.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2023, 11:15 PM   #104
SONICobra
Batman

I still say a Keaton lead Batman beyond could have been something special, done right that would have printed money
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2023, 11:19 PM   #105
Mister H
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
^ They would never believe an old Batman could headline a movie by himself. Dial of Destiny is likely not changing any minds.
Apples and oranges. Keaton still has the look, Ford looks ancient. And I would love a Keaton Batman Beyond movie as well.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2023, 02:39 AM   #106
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
I still say a Keaton lead Batman beyond could have been something special, done right that would have printed money
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
Apples and oranges. Keaton still has the look, Ford looks ancient. And I would love a Keaton Batman Beyond movie as well.
Okay I'm not disagreeing that I want a Keaton Batman movie. I always thought he could do an awesome Dark Knight returns myself but Batman Beyond would be cool too.

And I'm not saying I agree with movie producers/financiers balking at Keaton's age.

I do disagree that its apples and oranges. Keaton's 71, not decades younger than Ford. Yeah Keaton's face is alright but they couldn't hide his gut in this one's batsuit.

In an industry where ageism is totally natural for a 100+ million movie, it's either gotta be a sure thing like Tom Cruise or dirt cheap like Liam Neeson. Superhero movies are seen as kid's fare.

And Batman Beyond wouldn't be Keaton headlining the movie, they'd only go along since they'd have a younger lead.

But even for lead role like DKR if Keaton wants to do it you do it just like if Ford wants to be Indiana Jones again you make that movie regardless of reservations.

Just gotta note the shame in that over 30 years we only got 2 more movies with Indian Jones and only got 1 more movie with the best Batman ever and it had to be this garbage.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2023, 12:15 AM   #107
BigMo
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
Agree, and Tom Cruise has already proved that with Top Gun and now Mission Impossible, nothing to do with age, its all about the right story, a bit of nostalgia and fan service, this will also do 2 Billion at the box office.

Unfortunately Flash and the upcoming Aquaman sequel had no hope due to the whose studio VS fans with this whole Snyder/Cavil mess. Studios learning the hard way not to mess with fans. Just look at Star Wars, Disney don't know what to do with Star Wars now after messing it up and messing with fans, there running scared.
BigMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2023, 01:17 AM   #108
nearmint
Phoenix

Aquaman 2 could still be successful. Momoa got the ladies out to the theater for the first one. If that happens again, it will do well.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2023, 01:45 AM   #109
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

No, I haven’t seen the flash yet, but it doesn’t sound like people really hated it. It just didn’t do well.
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2023, 11:58 AM   #110
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
No, I haven?t seen the flash yet, but it doesn?t sound like people really hated it. It just didn?t do well.
Those I know who?ve seen it appreciate what they tried to do but, uniformly, consider the movie a muddled mess. Due to this, I?m waiting for it to hit digital release and will watch it then.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote