Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 01-09-2012, 03:38 AM   #551
JohnMatrix
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atheris View Post
Jerry, what's your take on syco collectibles MK line? They are putting out PF's at a very rapid pace. They just recently announced they are putting out sonya, rain and motaro. As well as already having sub-zero, scorpion and ermac for purchase. They plan on making every character in the line including the classic.

My dilemma is this, I don't want to collect both PCS and Syco statues of the same statue. Syco has already stated they are committed to completing all the characters, are you planning to do the whole line as well?

Syco's PF's also have swap out heads, light up feature, glow in the dark feature, smaller edition size AND maintain a cheaper price point....with matching build and paint quality to boot. Do you think this will effect the PCS line to where you might stop producing them after a few characters?

It's been almost a year and the PCS scorpion still isn't out, and theirs no word yet on what the next character will be ether or when.

Truth is, I'd prefer to buy this line from PCS. But as I said, I only want to collect one line...not both. I don't want to commit to collecting only PCS then find out at a later date your stopping at 4-5 pieces. Which in turn would have removed the opportunity for me to collect the whole line through syco because they could possibly be sold out by then.

The rate at which PCS is producing pieces is a bit of a concern for me. As I said, syco will have 6-7 PF's out this year alone, PCS doesn't have the first one out yet....despite acquiring the license first.

I think if people buy Syco's versions first because they don't want to wait for PCS to produce the same it will hurt the line...which I don't want. So in light of all this, are you planning to put out MK pieces on a more frequent basis?

I've had your scorpion PF on PO since it went up 7 months ago. But I'm really torn between what to do here, as I'm sure others are as well. Any information you can share that will get me off this fence?

Chris
Well said. That is something that concerns me when I am thinking of buying Mortal Kombat statues. Too many to choose from.
JohnMatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 04:40 AM   #552
kingofhobbies
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Jerry, what's your take on syco collectibles MK line? They are putting out PF's at a very rapid pace. They just recently announced they are putting out sonya, rain and motaro. As well as already having sub-zero, scorpion and ermac for purchase. They plan on making every character in the line including the classic.

My dilemma is this, I don't want to collect both PCS and Syco statues of the same statue. Syco has already stated they are committed to completing all the characters, are you planning to do the whole line as well?

Syco's PF's also have swap out heads, light up feature, glow in the dark feature, smaller edition size AND maintain a cheaper price point....with matching build and paint quality to boot. Do you think this will effect the PCS line to where you might stop producing them after a few characters?

It's been almost a year and the PCS scorpion still isn't out, and theirs no word yet on what the next character will be ether or when.

Truth is, I'd prefer to buy this line from PCS. But as I said, I only want to collect one line...not both. I don't want to commit to collecting only PCS then find out at a later date your stopping at 4-5 pieces. Which in turn would have removed the opportunity for me to collect the whole line through syco because they could possibly be sold out by then.

The rate at which PCS is producing pieces is a bit of a concern for me. As I said, syco will have 6-7 PF's out this year alone, PCS doesn't have the first one out yet....despite acquiring the license first.

I think if people buy Syco's versions first because they don't want to wait for PCS to produce the same it will hurt the line...which I don't want. So in light of all this, are you planning to put out MK pieces on a more frequent basis?

I've had your scorpion PF on PO since it went up 7 months ago. But I'm really torn between what to do here, as I'm sure others are as well. Any information you can share that will get me off this fence?

Chris
i second this and waiting for an answer from you Jerry
kingofhobbies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 05:50 AM   #553
ColossusX
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofhobbies View Post
i second this and waiting for an answer from you Jerry
I also have the same questions in my mind and I would like to know Jerry's opinion on this. Although I kind of expect an answer of "each collector has its own characteristics and obtains what his taste/pocket/patience likes". For me the only reason I did not go into syco line is the paint job (from what I have seen of sub-zero so far in this forum). I concider it poor comparing to PC's Scorpion.
ColossusX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 06:20 AM   #554
I and I
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Location: This couple lives in Sint-Maria-Latem (Zwalm - Belgium)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColossusX View Post
For me the only reason I did not go into syco line is the paint job (from what I have seen of sub-zero so far in this forum). I concider it poor comparing to PC's Scorpion.
I like the Enchanted Warriors line but the main reasons we didn't buy them are:
1) we only want one representation of each character, following two lines of the same is a waste of space and money
2) we didn't trust the quality that Syco delivers... we know that PCS will only deliver good work

they might be a lot cheaper and the edition size might be lower (although granted, Jerry usually doesn't really has a say in the latter, SSC does), the pace in which they are releasing the statues is usually not good for the quality

so I don't care if Jerry only produces one or two statues a year (kinda hoping on that want the SF and DS also), I'm sticking with PCS
I and I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 11:01 AM   #555
Dreamland
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:

Chris
I feel the EXACT same way as you. For me it isnt about the money, PCS costing more, or the quality, because I know PCS is better. However, I would most definitely like MORE statues out. And from the schedule that Jerry gave us we might see 2 statues by 2013. Very disappointing.
Dreamland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 11:18 AM   #556
I and I

yeah, but you forget that PCS has multiple licenses, Syco only has one...
those fan of SF are blaring: "SF doesn't get enough love"
those fan of MK are blaring: "MK doesn't get enough love"
as fan of SF, MK and DS, I'm glad that he doesn't release 10 statues per year for each line...
Old 01-09-2012, 11:54 AM   #557
Dreamland
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I and I View Post
yeah, but you forget that PCS has multiple licenses, Syco only has one...
those fan of SF are blaring: "SF doesn't get enough love"
those fan of MK are blaring: "MK doesn't get enough love"
as fan of SF, MK and DS, I'm glad that he doesn't release 10 statues per year for each line...
So you are fine with PCS releasing 1-2 MK statues this year?
Dreamland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 12:32 PM   #558
I and I

yeah we are because it isn't the only line we collect
we're still students you know

besides, I prefer quality over quantity
Old 01-09-2012, 12:51 PM   #559
Rainy
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:

Chris
Your post make me wish Syco pick Street Fighter license
I might pick their Scorpion and Subzero at the end of this month if not sold out and see the quality.
Rainy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 02:01 PM   #560
chaggs1
Luke Cage

Yes just checked out the Syco collectibles website.

Is it me or are Syco 18" Mortal Kombat cheaper than PCS not that it should be a deciding factor?
chaggs1 is offline   Reply With Quote