Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 01-09-2012, 05:13 PM   #561
dobman
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Try comparing PCS scorpion (stock photos) and syco collectible (stock photo) in my opinion (this is just my opinion) the syco one is way nicer, check out the weight, size and paint job,museum style pose i think it is a better statue . Don''t get me wrong, I am getting both statues,(cause there both great sculpts) but lot of people are saying that be syco is releasing so many statues that the quality is less,or that POP Shock is taking longer so its much better, but i completely disagree. In my opinion the two companies with the same license will only make each company step up the game. i am sure that syco has done there market research and they know how good the quality pop culture shock is, so they are not going to release cheap statues, by doing this it increases there game of quality, and them releasing so many statues may get Jerry to release a few extra in the mortal kombat line.
dobman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 05:25 PM   #562
chaggs1
Luke Cage

Has Syco collectible made any statues before or art they a new company?

Tried to Google with no luck
chaggs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 05:28 PM   #563
OuttaSight
Savage Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atheris View Post
Jerry, what's your take on syco collectibles MK line? They are putting out PF's at a very rapid pace. They just recently announced they are putting out sonya, rain and motaro. As well as already having sub-zero, scorpion and ermac for purchase. They plan on making every character in the line including the classic.

My dilemma is this, I don't want to collect both PCS and Syco statues of the same statue. Syco has already stated they are committed to completing all the characters, are you planning to do the whole line as well?

Syco's PF's also have swap out heads, light up feature, glow in the dark feature, smaller edition size AND maintain a cheaper price point....with matching build and paint quality to boot. Do you think this will effect the PCS line to where you might stop producing them after a few characters?

It's been almost a year and the PCS scorpion still isn't out, and theirs no word yet on what the next character will be ether or when.

Truth is, I'd prefer to buy this line from PCS. But as I said, I only want to collect one line...not both. I don't want to commit to collecting only PCS then find out at a later date your stopping at 4-5 pieces. Which in turn would have removed the opportunity for me to collect the whole line through syco because they could possibly be sold out by then.

The rate at which PCS is producing pieces is a bit of a concern for me. As I said, syco will have 6-7 PF's out this year alone, PCS doesn't have the first one out yet....despite acquiring the license first.

I think if people buy Syco's versions first because they don't want to wait for PCS to produce the same it will hurt the line...which I don't want. So in light of all this, are you planning to put out MK pieces on a more frequent basis?

I've had your scorpion PF on PO since it went up 7 months ago. But I'm really torn between what to do here, as I'm sure others are as well. Any information you can share that will get me off this fence?

Chris
Those are good questions.

Ive seen the Syco pieces in person and I dont care for them. The sculpts are, in my opinion, B quality and feel bootleg. The details are nicely sculpted but the forms and proportions feel amateur and clunky to me.

Having said that Im not sure many collectors are discerning enough to see the differences I do, my being a professional sculptor/art director for the past 20 years.

I also dont agree with them releasing so many pieces so quickly. I find it burns out a licenses longevity.

To sum it up, I feel they are making product and we are making something closer to art.

Obviously some will disagree with me and feel Im full of delusions of grandeur. So be it. Nothing I can do to change their opinions.

As far as price differences, everyone has a different amount of profit that makes something worthwhile to them.

As the Chairman of the Board sings...Ill just keep doing things My Way.

Last edited by OuttaSight; 01-09-2012 at 05:31 PM.
OuttaSight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 05:31 PM   #564
OuttaSight
Savage Dragon

If I missed your questions can you repost ? And can we keep this just for questions ?
Old 01-09-2012, 05:41 PM   #565
Niero
U talkin' to me?

Jerry, you said that you'll make only Darkstalkers girls from now on, but don't you think Demetri is popular enough?

He's an instant grail in my opinion
Niero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 05:43 PM   #566
Sigep756
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Can you announce the next MK9 piece please?
Sigep756 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 05:44 PM   #567
Niero
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigep756 View Post
And the next SF too
Niero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 05:46 PM   #568
SARFARAZ
I like Chicken Wings
Super Moderator

Sagat? Lol
SARFARAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 05:48 PM   #569
OuttaSight
Savage Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niero View Post
Jerry, you said that you'll make only Darkstalkers girls from now on, but don't you think Demetri is popular enough?

He's an instant grail in my opinion
There is a Demitri planned but it will be after the next girl. So it will be awhile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigep756 View Post

There are two 1:4 scale and one diorama being sculpted. Whichever is finished first will be next...so I cant announce yet as Im not sure.

We are a very relaxed company in that I dont push strict deadlines on my artists. I let them work at their pace for the most part. We also try a lot of things to see if they work, if they dont we go back and start over.

We just dont run like most companies so its hard to have strict schedules.

Having said all that, I hope to have something to show end of this month.
Old 01-09-2012, 05:48 PM   #570
OuttaSight
Savage Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SARFARAZ View Post
Sagat? Lol
Sagat is at approvals with Capcom right now.