Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 03-04-2011, 08:58 PM   #591
gonk
Kotobukiya Rep
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannonlocke View Post
Wow, if I'm reading properly between these lines, I'd say I'm glad I only picked Psylocke from the Danger Room series instead of investing in everything that's already been produced.

Ditto on the previous post. This line started very strong. Everyone anticipated the rest of the Blue and Gold teams to be done somewhere down the line. I imagined how great a diorama it would make and have consistency with only Erik working on the entire collection then for whatever reason, Koto refused to listen to reason.

IMHO, what they've done so far that is detrimental for this line:

1) Huge price hike when Colossus was solicited possibly in response to a good feedback from the earlier statues. Then the factory's inability to stay consistent with the prototype's chrome finish.
2) Make an X-Force Archangel but not a classic version for the Gold Team lineup.
3) Remove Storm from the list? WTF?!? and yet we get a Deadpool solicited as part of the series, who in fact has no Danger Room feel to it, never was an X-Man (at least Sabes was once considered as a member of the Blue team) and no matching base!
4) Now Erick is off the project too?!

Great work Koto! A pitiful marketing strategy (perhaps you should have kept silent about excluding Storm and Archangel from the lineup) for what could have been your best line of statues to date. I hope you learn from Bowen's story - one of the reason Randy's business lasted this long is due to the consistency in scale and a promise of longevity and production of third-tier characters for as long as the license stands and popular characters sell well to cover the cost of second to third tier characters.

A shame really.
1) The increase in pricing for Colossus is due to the size of this piece and our constantly rising production costs. In regards to Hulk and Rulk being offered at a lower price point keep in mind those pieces were produced early last year.

2) I don’t recall ever explicitly saying that the classic version of Archangel would not happen; I just said it wasn’t currently scheduled.

3) Storm & Domino were never removed from any “list”. In regards to Deadpool, he was never solicited as part of the Danger Room Sessions. I’m sorry you don’t approve of Erick’s decision to have him be a stand-alone piece but we’re quite pleased with the results.

4) Erick is 100% on board with us and working harder then ever on our future Marvel lineup. He is also pursuing other endeavors, such as his own line of statues, and we naturally wish him the best of luck.

The real shame is when people jump to conclusions …
Old 03-04-2011, 09:42 PM   #592
cannonlocke
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonk View Post
1) The increase in pricing for Colossus is due to the size of this piece and our constantly rising production costs. In regards to Hulk and Rulk being offered at a lower price point keep in mind those pieces were produced early last year.

2) I don’t recall ever explicitly saying that the classic version of Archangel would not happen; I just said it wasn’t currently scheduled.

3) Storm & Domino were never removed from any “list”. In regards to Deadpool, he was never solicited as part of the Danger Room Sessions. I’m sorry you don’t approve of Erick’s decision to have him be a stand-alone piece but we’re quite pleased with the results.

4) Erick is 100% on board with us and working harder then ever on our future Marvel lineup. He is also pursuing other endeavors, such as his own line of statues, and we naturally wish him the best of luck.

My mistake with Deadpool as it was solicited as part of the Danger Room series in the pre-order page of Urban Collector.

Having read this, I will wait until I get a confirmation that Archangel and Storm, along with the rest of the 90's Blue and Gold team will actually be made by Erick. I'm still at fence regarding the future of this line. I am honestly hoping I'm wrong and Koto will stick to producing what was promised. But until then, Betsy will be my last.
cannonlocke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 11:03 PM   #593
aka_fidel
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Where does Warpath fall into this? His price is around what the Hulk and Rulk were priced at and he appears to be just about the same size as they were.
aka_fidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 11:44 PM   #594
Lostang04
Kindly Asked To Leave

WHERE IS JUGGERNAUT!!!!!!!!
Lostang04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 12:46 AM   #595
Storm Lover
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:

With all due respect Mr. Gonk, the answer I received from my question was that Storm & Domino was not in Koto's immediate plans, and there were no plans for the blue & pink Archangel. I agree it would be a big marketing mistake to not include any of these. As you can see, your fans are kicking and screaming.

Just make it happen and everyone will be happy, and you will make more money. A win-win situation.

SL
Storm Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 03:13 PM   #596
pickleweed
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:

hey gonk. regarding the price increase, doesnt a 25% jump from year to year seem a bit....excessive. i understand that costs are up and inflation is to be expected but my concern is at that price - koto is getting very close to sideshows price points with smaller scales and known qc issues...i mean, at this point its unknown if the factory can even handle the original paint mocks for colossus. i know you are just the messenger here, but it seems like the price isnt in line with the what the competition is delivering, in terms of either size or quality. this is especially bothersome when your factories cant even duplicate the mock ups.

and now, regarding erick - are we going to have another sculptor do some of this lineup in the future? im just curious wether there will be continuity with the sculptor throughout the line. I know erick is very talented and im sure has opportunities everywhere. So good luck to him in his other ventures btw!

and one more thing....any chance for an anstonishing cyclops?? that way i really wouldnt need that sideshow diorama

thanks
pickleweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 09:05 PM   #597
Bartholomew
It's not hard to meet expenses, they're everywhere.

Gonk I have some questions regarding the Bishojuo Jean Grey:

1) The color of the jewel on her forehead should be the same blue or a similar blue to the rest of the blues used on her costume, not yellow. Will the color be changed to correct this?

2) The pads on her thighs are currently a brown color. They've been portrayed as yellow, blue, or gold but never brown. Will the color be corrected on this as well?

3) Can the smoke be given a translucent/clear look as opposed to solid? I think it would look way better translucent because smoke is not solid.

Thanks!

VS

Bartholomew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 03:37 PM   #598
gonk
Kotobukiya Rep
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartholomew View Post
Gonk I have some questions regarding the Bishojuo Jean Grey:

1) The color of the jewel on her forehead should be the same blue or a similar blue to the rest of the blues used on her costume, not yellow. Will the color be changed to correct this?

2) The pads on her thighs are currently a brown color. They've been portrayed as yellow, blue, or gold but never brown. Will the color be corrected on this as well?

3) Can the smoke be given a translucent/clear look as opposed to solid? I think it would look way better translucent because smoke is not solid.

Thanks!
Thanks Bartholomew, I'll be forwarding these insights to our planners in Japan.
Old 03-06-2011, 03:44 PM   #599
Bartholomew
It's not hard to meet expenses, they're everywhere.

Quote:
Thanks Bartholomew, I'll be forwarding these insights to our planners in Japan.
Thanks Gonk. I hope these minor cosmetic changes will contribute to a better, more accurate product for Koto!
Bartholomew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 04:57 PM   #600
statue-man
The Riddler

When will the new Classic Thor be up for order?
statue-man is offline   Reply With Quote