Batarang.
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2021, 12:31 PM   #1472
moyiori
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Predictions:

Doom will be a fresh reveal at the con since they showed Storm already. Storm, Scarlet Witch and Power Girl will all be on the floor - but Doom will be the piece we haven't seen before.

I also predict that another X-Man will go up. Money is on Nightcrawler. I don't think Sideshow will ever man up and do Beast even though they tend to match reveals to XM reveals.

I also think this is the time for Two Face OR Nightwing. No way in hell they will drop two big name DC peeps. Collectors might stroke out.

My next bold prediction is Loki is coming, but not in July. He will be a 12 days for next year. Maybe NYCC if we get lucky.

I think Storm will be shown along side another X-men, Nightcrawler/Beast/Iceman any of the 3 or even 1, i'd be overjoyed. With another X-men for NYCC and 1 more for 12 days.

Iceman SDCC
Beast NYCC
Nightcrawler 12 days (cause he's Wolverine always called him Elf, so Elf for Christmas time.)

Two-face or Nightwing the same, but Two-face would be a great paring with SS Robin. But because of Batman day I wonder if we will get a reveal then of something or maybe that's when something will go on PO ?

Agreed with the Loki series they will be doing a new Loki PF. But will it be Tom Hiddleston or Comic Loki? I don't know, or something crazy like Queen studios did with wonder woman, Somewhere in between costume and Comic Loki portrait and Tom Hiddleston Loki portrait. That would be a knock out hit, I would think.
moyiori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2021, 12:36 PM   #1473
nearmint
Phoenix

I doubt we'll get a Beast. A little bird told me that sculptors despise fur. It's a pain in the arse.
Old 06-11-2021, 12:40 PM   #1474
IronLungs31
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Well I guess that makes XM Beast the one to have for the forseeable future.
IronLungs31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2021, 12:44 PM   #1475
chunkster702
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Love this silver color. It'll look great with the rest of the updated Xmen pieces.
chunkster702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2021, 12:49 PM   #1476
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
What could the EX be?
If I had to guess - hands that swap out with lighting around them. Could look cheap as hell, but it’s about the only thing I can think of since it’s not a portrait.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2021, 12:50 PM   #1477
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
Northern is correct. I didn't say there isn't an EX. I merely said there's isn't a 2nd portrait. I have no idea if there's an EX or not.
I really hope there is one. Even Cyclops, who didn't have an EX, had two portraits with different visors. But, then I suppose I also don't know what the EX would be if it's not an alternate portrait.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2021, 12:51 PM   #1478
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
Batarang.
Better than nothing. If i am honest, i have little intention of picking this piece up. I would have been interesting to see the original portrait.

I wonder how Will feel's given the task of coming up with a portrait for another sculptors sculpt?

Knowing Will Harbottle, he probably would have rather sculpted the complete statue.

I wonder how Newman feels, knowing Sideshow gave the green light to the sculpt all bar the portrait?

I have been on the fence for some time with regards to the Sideshow Jean Grey PF. I think there is more chance of me picking that up over Storm. I'd be happy with the Reg.
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2021, 12:57 PM   #1479
SDguy

They should have done the ponytail COH....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2s178k11rdx41.png
Views:	16
Size:	449.4 KB
ID:	140238  
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2021, 12:58 PM   #1480
nearmint
Phoenix

It's not uncommon for the portrait to be done by one sculptor, and the body/base by another. Sideshow doesn't tend to specify what each sculptor does on a particular piece. Harbottle has done portraits for other pieces in the past, like the Dark Phoenix/Green Jean Gray, and Rey.