Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 06-25-2021, 05:20 PM   #1981
saberhagen
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Here's another entry, hot off the press.

The legacy of these suits is wild. Guess that will happen when the best selling single issue of all time plus a huge animated show hit the peak nostalgia zone.
saberhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2021, 05:32 PM   #1982
ruzzell
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

oh those Minico figures are cute!
ruzzell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2021, 05:33 PM   #1983
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruzzell View Post

As good as the discussions were on the SS Storm outfit, I’m wondering what the thoughts are for the Iron Studios version of her coming out soon-ish?
It has to be one of the worst Storm statues I've ever seen. The color of the suit is horrible. Obviously, I can't stand the white (I've made it known many times), but this is disgusting. It looks like someone left a statue of a white costume Storm in a chain smoker's house. Not to mention it's a cheap rip-off of the XM Storm's pose and base.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2021, 06:51 PM   #1984
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

It looks like a cheap ripoff of XM Storm
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2021, 07:16 PM   #1985
Hunter Frost
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by saberhagen View Post

The legacy of these suits is wild. Guess that will happen when the best selling single issue of all time plus a huge animated show hit the peak nostalgia zone.
These are so cute. As much as I like her in white it’s not even my favorite costume of hers. I prefer a few of her black ones instead and the one purple one she had for a little while. She pulled some Russian guy out of his penthouse I believe, bed and all.
Hunter Frost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2021, 07:41 PM   #1986
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:

As good as the discussions were on the SS Storm outfit, I’m wondering what the thoughts are for the Iron Studios version of her coming out soon-ish?
It’s is a very poorly done rip-off of XM’s Storm. Plain and simple

The little animated team is cute though. They make sense to me to be animated bc they are playful!
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2021, 10:51 PM   #1987
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by saberhagen View Post

I know Psylocke is popular with statue collectors and video game players more than any other subsets of fandom but I feel like Jubilee belongs here more. Aside from Psylocke this is the Animated Series cast, although I’m not sure that was the intent here.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2021, 11:14 PM   #1988
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby1938 View Post
It looks like a cheap ripoff of XM Storm

The Iron Studios doesn’t bother me too much but I’ll stick with the larger scale XM despite it’s obvious issues.
- hair is light grey
- XM mixed grey into the white costume, I guess trying to please both sides but they should’ve just went with silver costume, white hair.
- tornado piece doesn’t bother me as much as others but it was still an unnecessary addition and poorly executed.
- the chain connectors for the cape could’ve been executed better

There’s till many positives
- the base is still cool
- the pose is awesome and works extremely well from multiple angles
- I barely switch the heads out but I do like both sets of arms and capes. As much as I like this new PF and I’m fine with mixed media, XM’s switch out arms and capes are top notch. I get regal Storm or battle Storm all in one.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2021, 11:14 PM   #1989
Hunter Frost
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
I know Psylocke is popular with statue collectors and video game players more than any other subsets of fandom but I feel like Jubilee belongs here more. Aside from Psylocke this is the Animated Series cast, although I’m not sure that was the intent here.
Agreed and I love Psylocke. Perhaps they can add a few others. I want Mystique, Shadowcat (with Lockheed), Jubilee, Nightcrawler, Angel, Iceman and for now that’s it. Perhaps a modest White Queen since these little statues seem younger.

Last edited by Hunter Frost; 06-26-2021 at 02:08 AM. Reason: Paylocke to Psylocke because my mortal enemy Peedi pointed this out to me in front of everyone!!!
Hunter Frost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2021, 11:24 PM   #1990
saberhagen
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
I always saw Jubilee as the worst of the 90's: lame powers, awful hair, horrible costume, and an after school special backstory. I'm sure it's better in the comics, but I didn't read more than a couple with her in a prominent place.

Think the intent here is just to pick up some of the excess demand from the 1/10 diorama line. I assume that did well enough since they didn't start this with a lone Wolverine.
saberhagen is offline   Reply With Quote