Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-22-2021, 11:17 AM   #71
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Did they confirm they are pleather on the vid? Because they look damn near sculpted with those creases at his groin. Harley's jacket was fully sculpted and it looks like cloth there for a minute.
Fabric pants confirmed.
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 12:08 PM   #72
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Damn. They had me fooled, then went and proved me wrong in a bad way. What a head scratching choice given the simplistic nature of a black pant.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 12:15 PM   #73
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Cat View Post
To be fair...this is a movie Sonic should have watched when it originally came out and I feel he would have liked it better. If I were to watch this today I would have hated it myself but I watched it when it came out so I loved the movie same with Predator and Robocop. And Nirvana? They suck no matter what lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
Nirvana changed the world. Smells Like Teen Spirt was without a doubt the most influential song in the past 30 years.

Anyone who is anyone in the music industry identifies this fact that Nirvana changed the scene, changed the industry and changed world with Smells Like Teen Spirit.
Ooooo music thread derail!!

I don't think Nirvana sucks, I just never got the obsession. Angsty to be angsty. Which appealed to a lot of people and still does. I get it, music is subjective. But to say it was just Nirvana that changed the sound scene is a narrow scope. All of the Seattle scene was fire then. I prefer Pearl Jam far more than Nirvana. Chris Cornell was/is a master too.

And I'm not afraid to say that I think Dave Grohl has more must in his soul than Kurt would have had he lived. For that I am grateful as I am a HUGE Dave Grohl (and FF) fan. I'm not sure Kurt would have evolved as Dave has. Though I do miss Dave behind the drums...

Breed is a great song to workout to - gotta give credit where its due
Old 07-22-2021, 12:28 PM   #74
Black Cat
Thunderstrike

Demona did you crush on Brandon Lee as well?
Black Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 12:43 PM   #75
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Never even seen the movie - and I was only 13 when he died (thanks Google) - so nope. Can't say that I did I had to fake being like all the other girls who like NKOTB. Being a tomboy I just played sports, watched sports, and crushed on athletes if it wasn't somebody in my neighborhood. Watching movies with overly pretty men wasn't my thing then.
Old 07-22-2021, 01:01 PM   #76
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:

I don't think Nirvana sucks, I just never got the obsession. Angsty to be angsty. Which appealed to a lot of people and still does. I get it, music is subjective. But to say it was just Nirvana that changed the sound scene is a narrow scope. All of the Seattle scene was fire then. I prefer Pearl Jam far more than Nirvana. Chris Cornell was/is a master too.

And I'm not afraid to say that I think Dave Grohl has more must in his soul than Kurt would have had he lived. For that I am grateful as I am a HUGE Dave Grohl (and FF) fan. I'm not sure Kurt would have evolved as Dave has. Though I do miss Dave behind the drums...

The Grunge scene is one of my "things", and out of the BIG 5 Grunge acts (Alice in Chains, Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Stone Temple Pilots & Soundgarden) i like Nirvana the least

with that said, Kurt and Nirvana made more noise than any of them. the single Smells Like Teen Spirt was and is the biggest rock single of my lifetime and possible ever. There's a reason NECA made an 18" figure of Kurt, along with Jimi and Freddie...notice a trend? Dave Grohl, he's a rock star no doubt. The dude's music does nothing for me. He's truly talented and sells out arenas, but i'd never spin one of his FF records over any of the 5 Seattle Iconic bands i mentioned.

they ushered in a movement with their friends from Seattle and they were the generals of the army. Guns and Roses was the biggest band in the world in the early 90s, there is much debate that Nirvana was bigger, and a big part of me agrees and i love(d) G&R. there's a funny 40-page thread on a forum about this topic...interesting read. That whole "Nirvana killed the hair metal scene with one song"is an interesting discussion...i think part yes...and part no...good conversation but it speaks volumes to what they did.

My Seattle "Grunge" Outliers:

Best Single: Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit
Best Album: Pearl Jam - Ten
My Favorite Album: Alice in Chains - Facelift
Best Band: Alice In Chains
Best Front Man: Chris Cornell - Soundgarden
Best Guitarist: Jerry Cantrell - Alice in Chains
The Only Front Man Left: Eddie Vedder - Pearl Jam
Best Side Project: Chris Cornell - Audioslave
Biggest Band: NIRVANA by a mile
Most Longevity: Pearl Jam
Best Song from a Soundtrack: Stone Temple Pilots - "Big Empty" The Crow Soundrack

...how about that for getting back on topic
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 01:18 PM   #77
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Never even seen the movie - and I was only 13 when he died (thanks Google) - so nope. Can't say that I did I had to fake being like all the other girls who like NKOTB. Being a tomboy I just played sports, watched sports, and crushed on athletes if it wasn't somebody in my neighborhood. Watching movies with overly pretty men wasn't my thing then.
You need to watch the movie. It's really good.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 01:20 PM   #78
NamesJay
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
The Grunge scene is one of my "things", and out of the BIG 5 Grunge acts (Alice in Chains, Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Stone Temple Pilots & Soundgarden) i like Nirvana the least

with that said, Kurt and Nirvana made more noise than any of them. the single Smells Like Teen Spirt was and is the biggest rock single of my lifetime and possible ever. There's a reason NECA made an 18" figure of Kurt, along with Jimi and Freddie...notice a trend? Dave Grohl, he's a rock star no doubt. The dude's music does nothing for me. He's truly talented and sells out arenas, but i'd never spin one of his FF records over any of the 5 Seattle Iconic bands i mentioned.

they ushered in a movement with their friends from Seattle and they were the generals of the army. Guns and Roses was the biggest band in the world in the early 90s, there is much debate that Nirvana was bigger, and a big part of me agrees and i love(d) G&R. there's a funny 40-page thread on a forum about this topic...interesting read. That whole "Nirvana killed the hair metal scene with one song"is an interesting discussion...i think part yes...and part no...good conversation but it speaks volumes to what they did.

My Seattle "Grunge" Outliers:

Best Single: Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit
Best Album: Pearl Jam - Ten
My Favorite Album: Alice in Chains - Facelift
Best Front Man: Chris Cornell - Soundgarden
Biggest Band: NIRVANA by a mile
Best Song from a Soundtrack: Stone Temple Pilots - "Big Empty" The Crow Soundrack

...how about that for getting back on topic

I graduated high school in 1992 so I was around at the height of the grunge movement. Interesting list but I would make these choices:

Best Single: Alice in Chains - Would?
Best Album: Alice in Chains - Dirt
My Favorite Album: Alice in Chains - Dirt
Best Front Man: Layne Staley - Alice in Chains
Biggest Band: Pearl Jam
Best Song from a Soundtrack: Chris Cornell - "Sunshower" Great Expectations
NamesJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 01:27 PM   #79
DLMEsquire44
The Spirit

Quote:

I've come to appreciate Nirvana more with time (Teen Spirit is a Rockin' tune, no doubt ) but I agree that I Never understood the obsession, but then I've Never been a Joiner!

To me, Soundgarden was the Best band, by far, from that Seattle scene. Superior Lyrically & Chris Cornell was a Phenomenal Vocalist! Their A-sides collection is Still a favorite...

Always Remember, that Even as we Speak, Foo Fighters are Out Fighting Foo...
DLMEsquire44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 01:37 PM   #80
Yojimbo
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Bush had some nice grunge going too
Yojimbo is offline   Reply With Quote