Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 03-04-2024, 11:49 AM   #701
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydmc View Post
WOW!
Yep.

Just got off the phone with UPS. They sent an extra invoice Saturday charging me $1300 beyond the $600 I paid to ship and insurance. When I open the PDF it's blank giving me no reason as to why, but they had no problem taking it out of our checking account. They tell me the measurements and weight are wrong. The weight was printed on the box when I received it and I measured it myself with wheels and compared it to the measurements given on the last page here and they're correct. Thankfully looks like they're refunding me that, but my claims been denied citing Queen Studios poor packing. So now I have a dispute opened.
eternalblue02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2024, 12:28 PM   #702
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalblue02 View Post
Yep.

Just got off the phone with UPS. They sent an extra invoice Saturday charging me $1300 beyond the $600 I paid to ship and insurance. When I open the PDF it's blank giving me no reason as to why, but they had no problem taking it out of our checking account. They tell me the measurements and weight are wrong. The weight was printed on the box when I received it and I measured it myself with wheels and compared it to the measurements given on the last page here and they're correct. Thankfully looks like they're refunding me that, but my claims been denied citing Queen Studios poor packing. So now I have a dispute opened.
Ugh, so sorry you have to go through all of that.
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2024, 12:43 PM   #703
AC_808
Hercules

Man, that sucks! Sorry to hear about all the issues ...
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2024, 12:54 PM   #704
Iko Iko
Fantomah

Quote:
Yep.

Terrible! I feel for you. Shipping statues is (for me) the toughest part of the hobby. I am always stressed waiting for one and I am always stressed when I ship one. Luckily I have been pretty lucky overall although I did just lose $1100 when I had to ship the He-Man and Battle Cat and it broke.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2024, 01:19 PM   #705
SDguy

Quote:
Yep.

Wow, so sorry to read this. I'm convinced shipping companies can't do large heavy items properly unless they are forced to (ie on a pallet). I recently had my first break during a sale (giant 77lb box). I'm convinced the UPS employees "rolled" the box around end over end and who knows what else (buyer says the shipper was beat to ---- and had shoe prints on it), instead of using a proper dolly to move it around.

Luckily my buyer was very cool and I'm just paying to have the broken parts professionally repaired.
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2024, 01:37 PM   #706
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
I'm convinced the UPS employees "rolled" the box around end over end
My wife witnessed a FED EX driver doing exactly that with a piece being delivered to our house. She loudly told him to stop doing that.
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2024, 02:17 PM   #707
Iko Iko
Fantomah

If I didn't love the look and presence of 1/3 and 1/4 scale pieces, I absolutely would just collect 1/6 scale and under (just for the lack of heavy boxes and possible ticked off delivery drivers).
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2024, 02:39 PM   #708
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
My wife witnessed a FED EX driver doing exactly that with a piece being delivered to our house. She loudly told him to stop doing that.
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2024, 03:52 PM   #709
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
This is exactly how UPS got XM Starscream and both XM Grimlock's boxes out of their truck. Right in front of me.

and to everyone I appreciate the concerns. Usually, I'll keep things like this to myself. After the "hidden" charge on Saturday I know people have been talking about the random customs and tax surprises lately. It's just a warning that if you sell and choose oversized, they have a hidden determinate that charges you more that's not listed when you set up a shipment. So, you're thinking you're paying for the weight and measurements, but they can tack on extra. If they're going to charge more a second set of hands should deliver the piece so it doesn't get rolled to the door.
eternalblue02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2024, 07:36 PM   #710
Exorcist
The X-Men

Unhappy

Quote:
Just look at these pictures if you're having a bad day.

This is a continuation of my conversation with Iko Iko and NorthenLad from the Tweeterhead He-Man and Batcat thread. In case anyone wanted to see the sh** show I'm dealing with. This went to one of my buyers. Cracked and broken base, missing pads for Catwoman, apparently the engine on the Batpod is missing too. I had him stop there but he's sure there's more issues.

Every QS piece I've received has issues. Sitting Joker the bench had chipped paint, 1/4 Joker missing grenades, 2nd attempt base scratched and glue all over it. I can blame the shipping company but they're not responsible for missing pieces. QS needs better QC and learn how to pack their stuff better. For all the fancy felt packing they do the stuff still comes damaged.
Wow I also received my Catwoman on Batpod 1:3 and it arrived pristine. Are you sure this wasnt rag dolled by customs before sending it out to the buyer? So sorry to see this
Exorcist is offline   Reply With Quote