Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 06-16-2021, 08:21 AM   #1651
ukshaun
Hercules

I wonder if Sideshow were inspired to use metallic white after seeing it used on the XM Studio's Emma Frost?
Wouldn't be great if the same factory who made the XM EF made the Sideshow Storm PF
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 08:22 AM   #1652
Frayhor
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
If the price is not insane, i might consider picking this up
Price is 600$.

Pre order I hope will be tomorrow.I'm all in for an exclusive but I sadly don't believe it will happen.
Frayhor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 08:38 AM   #1653
IronLungs31
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frayhor View Post
Price is 600$.

Pre order I hope will be tomorrow.I'm all in for an exclusive but I sadly don't believe it will happen.
Is this a confirmed price point for this piece?
IronLungs31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 08:41 AM   #1654
Frayhor
Sinister Six

Yes, directly from Sideshow facebook page.
Frayhor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 08:45 AM   #1655
IronLungs31
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

$600 is a good price point for this piece. I'll be locked in for one just really terrible that we wouldn't get an EX. I think with that being said. We should definitely be on the lookout for some type of low ES surprise variant down the road.
Old 06-16-2021, 08:59 AM   #1656
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

I do think it's funny that she's in a (wonderful) flying pose, yet not labeled a maquette with a maquette price tag like Magneto and Rogue were.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 09:00 AM   #1657
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
That’s why I’d love to see something like this in 1/4. It’d certainly be different if SS or XM could pull this off on their next go round.
I am all for a really dynamic pose. I think companies are afraid that if they are making a character the first time in a suit to block the body in any way, so they create a safer action/museum combo. Third time around with Storm - there better be one - I'd love some dynamic posing. This new Storm has evolved from the last one to be more dynamic. We're getting there

And man, that cape. Nobody is ever going to get her fully correct. Which is funny because the shadow image had to separate panels for her cape, or at least looked a hell of a lot more like it did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divo View Post
Demona, great job girl! You carried the fight/vision long and hard, and you won,............................for everyone!

Enjoy, cause she's a beauty, and I'm hoping that this level of finer detailed sculpting finally becomes the norm. All we gotta do is support it.
I'm geeked to see how many other people love this statue. With the majority of the pieces coming out these days the QC has been top notch, which makes it even more exciting to see how this turns out in hand
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 09:07 AM   #1658
Demona
Martian Manhunter

If there is a variant...and I don't get it....well, I'm not going to think that way. There will be a kickass variant and I will get it.

Unless they do something dumb and make it a pure white suit like the cartoon. F that noise. I wouldn't want or need that.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 09:12 AM   #1659
SONICobra
Batman

overall she looks amazing, i really like what they did with the base. i will say i think its a huge missed opportunity not to offer a ponytail coh. they could have even kept the same portrait, just different hair style like with rogue and would have offered something really different from all the other silver/white storms out there. i always thought she looked hot with her hair up

SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 09:17 AM   #1660
IronLungs31

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
Now that you point this out SONIC, yeah it was huge miss. That would have taken this piece that extra over the top. Maybe we'll still be able to have that done with extra portriats being done on the secondary market. Kind of the way they did Thanos when he was released.