Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 05-12-2021, 01:24 PM   #81
spriggan
The Spirit

Thanks for the explanation, Gonk.

The green lantern statue is awesome. So far, I think the sculpts and paint apps for all DC ArtFX statues are awesome. In my opinion, the Flash one could be better, the pose doesn't really reflect his ability. But having say that, people may want to get it if the Flash movie is a successful one and the costume is similar to the one in the comic.

I am totally agree with you, Gonk that Kouei Matsumoto should be involved with this project if Kotobukiya will continue the line. It is part of the reason that drew me to this line, all DC ARTFX were done by one artist.

I guess we will see how the economy will be once this pandemic is over. I know for many people, they are in survival mode right now, so buting statues will not be in their mind.
spriggan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 11:11 PM   #82
masterlei13
Birdman

thats really sad and it continues to break my heart until arthur and j'onn is made. i have all the artfx dc line, in fact i do have at least 50 1/6 scale statues from koto. so all i care is if its made my koto its the best and worthy to collect.
masterlei13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2021, 08:47 PM   #83
delta_assault
Frackin!

I got the GL statue and it's sitting in the lineup but I did think the elevated base looked bad. Everyone else is standing and GL is just hanging up in the air by himself. Didn't think it was a good idea.

Also didn't really care for the green portion of the costume stopping at the waistline. I prefer the older look with it going to the crotch. But I suppose Jim Lee wanted a more modern look.
delta_assault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 01:09 PM   #84
AC_808
Hercules

I actually thought Green Lantern looked great in his floating pose. I had hoped that when Martian Manhunter would be released, he would be in a floating pose while phasing through an object. Similar to the Koto Vision Fine Art statue (see below). This way it would've been GL and MM floating in the background while the standing members were in the foreground.

AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 01:20 PM   #85
qz33
Rescue

^ Ooh I like those ideas.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote