Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Iron Studios

Old 03-07-2024, 08:07 AM   #121
VickPS
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefka2200 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by VickPS View Post
I unboxed this yesterday and was super impressed by the piece in person.

Nowadays it's not really all that common to unbox an expensive, and 99.9% of the time overpriced, item while feeling thrilled and positive during and after the process without the slightest hint of remorse. This piece did it entirely.

Just wish the base was more consistent in style with the previous releases, as they all look better in this regard in my opinion, but that ship has long sailed at this point. Easily Top 3 Iron Studios JP statue to me, super happy with it.

And to answer some questions in the previous page, eventual Dilo proportion issues were due to lens distortions/focal lenght as there's actually nothing wrong with it.

Congratulations! I hope you enjoy it!
Thank you!
VickPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2024, 05:37 PM   #122
Jon_Boston_83
Birdman

I got mine last week too and have the same feelings. So happy I got this. People think he’s smiling but in person it’s clear that it’s a worried grimace. The details are great - the scales and detail on the Dilo, texturing and paint including mud splatters on Nedry’s coat, the Barbasol can, and the sign feels and looks like real wood. Which it could be I guess.
Jon_Boston_83 is offline   Reply With Quote