Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Hot Toys

Old 04-25-2021, 11:23 AM   #1
ukshaun
Hercules

Hot Toys - Avengers Endgame - Tony Stark (Team Suit)

Hot Toys - Avengers Endgame - Tony Stark (Team Suit)

LOADING: Image(s)

I like this figure. Sideshow Collectibles appears to be charging quite a bit.

£174.53 ($235.00 USD)
Sideshow Collectibles (America)
https://www.sideshow.com/collectible...ot-toys-904726

£128.00 ($177.58 USD)
Toys Wonderland (Japan)
https://toyswonderland.com/products/...e6b408d8&_ss=r

Being located in the UK, anything below £135.00 escapes Import Tax
Personally, for me, it makes sense to pre_order from Toys Wonderland, as i pay $58.00 USD less,
and avoid Import Tax (20% - 30%) which amounts to a win win situation
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 01:55 PM   #2
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

FYI. Toys Wonderland lists this figure at 231.85 USD for first batch. 177.58 USD is preorder for second batch.
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 02:56 PM   #3
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi_don View Post
FYI. Toys Wonderland lists this figure at 231.85 USD for first batch. 177.58 USD is preorder for second batch.
What batch/batches does Sideshow ship out?
Some collectors have the figure (Batch 1) in hand already.

Batch 2 ships next month from Toys Wonderland. I assume there will be Batch 3, Batch 4 etc depending on sales.
At the moment Toys Wonderland is shipping out Batch 1. As far as i am aware, Sideshow are not shipping these yet, and probably will not ship them until 1, 2 or 3 months time.

I know from experience, that Sideshow took forever to ship Captain Marvel out. Months and months and months after Toys Wonderland shipped out a Batch 1 figure.
Old 04-25-2021, 06:42 PM   #4
jedi_don

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
What batch/batches does Sideshow ship out?
Some collectors have the figure (Batch 1) in hand already.

Batch 2 ships next month from Toys Wonderland. I assume there will be Batch 3, Batch 4 etc depending on sales.
At the moment Toys Wonderland is shipping out Batch 1. As far as i am aware, Sideshow are not shipping these yet, and probably will not ship them until 1, 2 or 3 months time.

I know from experience, that Sideshow took forever to ship Captain Marvel out. Months and months and months after Toys Wonderland shipped out a Batch 1 figure.
Batch 1 is Hong Kong orders only. Anyone who has this online ordered from a dealer that orders in person at the Hot Toys Secret Base and Echo Base stores. Batch 2 is everything else. There may be multiple shipments. Very few people got there Endgame Cap a month and half ago, while the rest of us are still waiting.
Old 04-26-2021, 02:53 AM   #5
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Batch 1 is Hong Kong orders only. Anyone who has this online ordered from a dealer that orders in person at the Hot Toys Secret Base and Echo Base stores. Batch 2 is everything else. There may be multiple shipments. Very few people got there Endgame Cap a month and half ago, while the rest of us are still waiting.
I am not fussed about what Batch my figure comes from. If anything other than Batch 1 means lower prices, i am fine with that
Old 05-11-2021, 05:01 AM   #6
ukshaun
Hercules

LOADING: Image(s)

Hot Toys Avengers: Endgame - Tony Stark (Team Suit) MMS537 is in the house!

I purchased mine from ToysWonderland
They offer a systems of Batch 1, Batch 2 etc.
I opted to go with Batch 2, as the price is lower (than Batch 1). It arrived far quicker than expected.
Maybe the piece is not selling all that quickly, and i have a Batch 1 ?
Old 05-12-2021, 01:04 AM   #7
jedi_don

ToysWonderland is good but they can be a bit disorderly. I had to contact them on an order that didn’t ship. They claimed it got lost in transit and would reship. I did get my package but I think the truth was that they forgot to ship it.

I also received a PayPal invoice for payment on an order that wasn’t mine. Contacted them and they told me it was a mistake and to ignore it. So don’t blindly pay invoices from them.

ToysWonderland also have a rewards point system. When they failed to ship that one order, they did give me about $30 in points for my next order. So don’t forget to spend your points.

Sideshow finally is going to ship my Endgame Cap. Last Endgame figure I had on order.
Old 05-12-2021, 02:34 AM   #8
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
ToysWonderland is good but they can be a bit disorderly. I had to contact them on an order that didn’t ship. They claimed it got lost in transit and would reship. I did get my package but I think the truth was that they forgot to ship it.

I also received a PayPal invoice for payment on an order that wasn’t mine. Contacted them and they told me it was a mistake and to ignore it. So don’t blindly pay invoices from them.

ToysWonderland also have a rewards point system. When they failed to ship that one order, they did give me about $30 in points for my next order. So don’t forget to spend your points.

Sideshow finally is going to ship my Endgame Cap. Last Endgame figure I had on order.
I get the impression ToysWonderland is a one man band, and probably busy as a result. I guess mistakes happen from time to time. I doubt any of them are intentional, and they fix mistakes. I wonder if they have a shop front?

I saved about $80 on my order, as the price was lower (than Sideshow) and that had the knock on affect of not having to pay import charges.
Old 05-13-2021, 12:43 AM   #9
jedi_don

I made a mistake and redeem a large rewards amount. The rewards come with a caveat that the purchase must be at least 10x the reward. So my $77.5 rewards requires $775 purchase. So basically you get a maximum of 10% of later purchases.
Old 11-22-2022, 02:02 PM   #10
johnbeer
Doh!

What a beautiful and detailed figure. Sideshow Collectibles try to make a quality product. I think I saw one on this visualst.ca. I often browse the site in case I see my favourite characters. I gathered almost all the Avengers and put them on the bookshelf. It's my pride. Many people have told me they are ready to buy my collection. I stream PUBG every day with a webcam. And behind me, you can see my bookshelf with all the figures. I collect Sideshow Collectibles, so I'll buy this figurine soon. If you want, I can give you a link to my Twitch. My stream often lasts more than six hours.
johnbeer is offline   Reply With Quote