Super Moderator

Current shipping situation

https://asia.nikkei.com/Business/Tra...2nIPheSsn6JF0c
Old 05-10-2021, 07:52 PM   #2
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
Unfortunately, this is hurting a lot of industries, not just statue collecting. Still, it is making me wane on this hobby (i.e., long wait times and sky high shipping costs).
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 10:54 AM   #3
Halcyon
New Republic

Quote "In late March, for example, the cost to haul cargo from China to the West Coast stood north of $5,000 per 40-foot container, according to Hong Kong market intelligence"
Bcs there is 40-50% more demand worldwide. Normally price was around $2000 per 40-Ft.

But 40-Ft. are the large truck containers, which can hold a lot of cargo. Roughly 240 large Prime1 boxes.
Lets assume $10k with all additional costs / 240 = $42 (by ship and truck, door-to-door)
Wow $700+ for shipping is a lot of profit margin lately
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 01:48 PM   #4
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Interesting tidbit on shipping. I get my Sideshow statues from my friend who has a local toy/disc golf store. He has a Sideshow account. When I got my Dejas Thoris, Sideshow only charged him $12 for shipping. We were speculating that business to business shipping charges are less that business to residence.
Old 06-10-2021, 03:21 PM   #5
jeremydmc
S.H.I.E.L.D.

I have a friend that worked for UPS. He told me business shipping has always been cheaper than residential.

Found this online too. Pretty much reiterates what he told me.

"Commercial addresses are usually in high-density areas. This allows a carrier to bundle or group many deliveries in a small geographic area. Therefore, commercial delivery is less expensive than residential delivery."
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 03:41 PM   #6
Augen
The Hulk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydmc View Post
I have a friend that worked for UPS. He told me business shipping has always been cheaper than residential.

Found this online too. Pretty much reiterates what he told me.

"Commercial addresses are usually in high-density areas. This allows a carrier to bundle or group many deliveries in a small geographic area. Therefore, commercial delivery is less expensive than residential delivery."
I always have packages shipped to my office for the convenience and knowing they won't leave them on my porch. Savings are a nice bonus.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 03:57 PM   #7
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
Interesting tidbit on shipping. I get my Sideshow statues from my friend who has a local toy/disc golf store. He has a Sideshow account. When I got my Dejas Thoris, Sideshow only charged him $12 for shipping. We were speculating that business to business shipping charges are less that business to residence.
I wonder if SS are taking a skim off the shipping as well. I’ve been quoted 90 dollars for DThoris with DHL. Silver Surfer was crazy shipping. Bosco got his shipped to his work address but there was no difference in shipping costs.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 06:06 PM   #8
kukuriga
Doh!

Hey guys, we should be more patient now; almost all delivery companies and couriers have extended shipping time. Everything is going to be delivered, just wait a little longer. In any case, I've been looking at the new stuff that has appeared recently on the market, and I'm tempted to buy half of the statues! Is there anyone who managed to create a magento 2 bundle? I'm trying to save up some money here, so any piece of advice is welcome. Maybe you know online stores that offer discounts these days?
kukuriga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 04:20 AM   #9
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

Pixel Dan the toy/collectable reviewer posted this on Twitter yesterday.

majestic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 10:09 AM   #10
Augen
The Hulk

So much of 2020 pre orders delayed to 2021, now wondering if they'll be pushed to 2022.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote