Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 05-10-2021, 10:49 PM   #311
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ONEYE View Post
There were 100 made in Texas right? They have a frame and flat base. Anyone have photos of one of the original 100 made?
No, that is a different version with a different thread. Those are the V1, this thread is for the V2. There are about 100 total of both produced, about 50 of the V1s and 50 V2s. V2s were made by Toynami at their Elite Creature Collectibles Factory,
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 07:30 AM   #312
wayne-m0
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
No, that is a different version with a different thread. Those are the V1, this thread is for the V2. There are about 100 total of both produced, about 50 of the V1s and 50 V2s. V2s were made by Toynami at their Elite Creature Collectibles Factory,
Hi mate,

I thought it was 100 of each type produced, didnt they say 100 to be released of V2. Not 50?
wayne-m0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 09:42 AM   #313
qz33
Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne-m0 View Post
Hi mate,

I thought it was 100 of each type produced, didnt they say 100 to be released of V2. Not 50?
He's referring to actually finally produced, not initial PO ES goals.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 12:33 PM   #314
wayne-m0
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
He's referring to actually finally produced, not initial PO ES goals.

Good grief only 50 produced!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am surprised. Lack of orders maybe on this or cost too high? Wrong movie media etc. Not many about thats for sure. Wonder if this is the only one in the UK. I ought to put it in a museum then for everyone to enjoy lol
Old 05-12-2021, 01:37 AM   #315
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Good grief only 50 produced!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am surprised. Lack of orders maybe on this or cost too high? Wrong movie media etc. Not many about thats for sure. Wonder if this is the only one in the UK. I ought to put it in a museum then for everyone to enjoy lol
There are a number of factors why they were lower than the planned ES. V1 run got cancelled early as they were losing money on them. The V2 was very expensive($3k above the V1s) and the pre-order window was VERY short. Most of the people that got the V1 wouldn't or couldn't also get a V2, so that cut the V2 numbers down a bit too.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 06:12 AM   #316
wayne-m0
The Spirit

thanks mate maybe for me in a selfish way it makes the piece ever rarer then if only 50 worldwide. I was thinking of seeing if a local museum could display mine as more folk could enjoy it if behind a display screen etc. If they have a movie display section. Id get a buzz out of it if i knew lots of people were enjoying it. Its not a piece one can just view or see often etc.
Old 05-12-2021, 08:27 AM   #317
Dundee
Hydra

Quote:
thanks mate maybe for me in a selfish way it makes the piece ever rarer then if only 50 worldwide. I was thinking of seeing if a local museum could display mine as more folk could enjoy it if behind a display screen etc. If they have a movie display section. Id get a buzz out of it if i knew lots of people were enjoying it. Its not a piece one can just view or see often etc.
Mate that would be very generous of you, I don't know if I could do that! Would love to see it in person. This may have cost quite a few coins by imo absolutely worth it, money is just money, can always earn it back but they will never build this version at this level of quality again.
Dundee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 09:44 AM   #318
wayne-m0
The Spirit

totally agree mate, well you need to come over and view it lol!!!!! Its certainly a lot of money but for sure i feel the chrome finish and quality and presence of this piece will be worth it in the end. I doubt any more like it will come out anytime soon just unreal so few were produced in the end and as i say this is likely only one in the UK now. Mind you the distributor has yet to get back to me on any damage so we will see but the boxes look ok bar minor dent here and there. Hopefully not through the foam onto the piece itself. Wait and see now i guess!!!!
Old 05-12-2021, 06:34 PM   #319
ONEYE
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

If you are going to have it displayed in a public place, I'd have it behind some plexiglass, not just a rope. You know people will want to take selfies with it. Beside, who could resist touching an endoskeleton.
ONEYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 08:33 PM   #320
wayne-m0
The Spirit

yes totally agree i have already thought of that one! End up with snapped off fingers etc they take as trophies!!! I know what the public are like!! The museum has glass display areas although they are likely to want to keep the t-pots on display that have been there for the last 40 years. Dont see to want to change it so up them. Ill approach them to see if they want a movie theme as i have some other pieces which would look great on display. Anyhow long way off that yet, gotta pay off this piece first!!! Cheers.