Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 05-11-2021, 09:56 AM   #281
ambulanceartist
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK Ultra View Post
What's the "Bonus" sign board? Can't see any difference between this and the one at Sideshow.
It’s the last product image for this piece on prime 1’s site. The cement paddock sign you would have seen outside the dinosaur’s enclosure.
ambulanceartist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 11:28 AM   #282
Fu_Manchu
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambulanceartist View Post
Just a heads up, This piece just started showing "LOW STOCK REMAINING" on Prime 1's site.

Their JP sales have really heated up recently with the Trike, Spino, Mosasaurus EX, all going to waitlist and the regular Mosa and Rotunda Rex now showing low stock. Hopefully Prime 1 reconsiders continuing the line.
Just a marketing trick. I can't see this line selling very well except Blue (and everybody is selling that one). We never get to see the actual units produced of each statue in any company. Even the almighty Predator Cinemaquette wasn't produced in the full 1000 units.

They go by batchs and they stop when the presales don't meet enough profit, that might be case here.
Fu_Manchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 11:38 AM   #283
Ninner
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fu_Manchu View Post
Just a marketing trick. I can't see this line selling very well except Blue (and everybody is selling that one). We never get to see the actual units produced of each statue in any company. Even the almighty Predator Cinemaquette wasn't produced in the full 1000 units.

They go by batchs and they stop when the presales don't meet enough profit, that might be case here.
Spinosaurus has sold really well. Demand suddenly went up on the triceratops too. No reason to think this one would be any less popular. Sure it’s pricey but it’s a hell of a grail piece!
Ninner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 11:59 AM   #284
Fu_Manchu
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninner View Post
Spinosaurus has sold really well. Demand suddenly went up on the triceratops too. No reason to think this one would be any less popular. Sure it’s pricey but it’s a hell of a grail piece!
Dude stop editing your post, is dizzying.

I'm collecting for 15 years and based on my experience I don't remotely believe that they sold 300 of these $2000 pieces.

Anyways I was referring to the line as a whole, Prime1 rarely complete the announced edition size of their stuff, unless if a very low number. They are clever doing that, not losing money.
Old 05-11-2021, 12:06 PM   #285
Ninner

Quote:

I'm collecting for 15 years and based on my experience I don't remotely believe that they sold 300 of these $2000 pieces.

Anyways I was referring to the line as a whole, Prime1 rarely complete the announced edition size of their stuff, unless if a very low number. They are clever doing that, not losing money.
Lol, I can edit my post if I choose to. Who put you in charge?!
And lol, dude I’ve seen you bashing Prime 1’s JP line ever since they first announced it. Nothing new here. I totally believe they sold 300 of these, it’s amazing! I do think sales were a bit lower than expected on some of the other pieces, which is a shame but this one is awesome!
Old 05-11-2021, 12:44 PM   #286
ambulanceartist
Fantastic Four

Quote:

I believe sales are definitely picking up due to Chronicles demise. I waited YEARS for someone to produce quality high end JP pieces. When chronicle came on to the scene I was excited but some of the stuff they produced was somewhat lazy and never truly impressive. I own a few of their pieces but paint and QC was always a bit lackluster. I’m grateful they resurrected interest but it was also a combination of hype for the new films.

Prime 1’s line however I’m fully in on. And now that they’re available direct to North American market sales have definitely picked up and I can easily believe they’re selling out. I myself have purchased/preordered 7 in the last 10 months.
ambulanceartist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 12:58 PM   #287
Ninner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambulanceartist View Post
I believe sales are definitely picking up due to Chronicles demise. I waited YEARS for someone to produce quality high end JP pieces. When chronicle came on to the scene I was excited but some of the stuff they produced was somewhat lazy and never truly impressive. I own a few of their pieces but paint and QC was always a bit lackluster. I’m grateful they resurrected interest but it was also a combination of hype for the new films.

Prime 1’s line however I’m fully in on. And now that they’re available direct to North American market sales have definitely picked up and I can easily believe they’re selling out. I myself have purchased/preordered 7 in the last 10 months.
Old 05-11-2021, 01:38 PM   #288
tamaboy311
Luke Cage

JP/JW pieces definitively started selling all of the sudden. Glad to see it that way. Hopefully, I can pick one of this Rotundas from the waitlist! This thing is massive!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	rotunda.PNG
Views:	144
Size:	1.29 MB
ID:	139309  
tamaboy311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 11:22 PM   #289
BigMo
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Thats normal when in hand pics/videos start showing up, there always seems to be a rush to secure a piece.
Hopefully the line continues, my main 3 collections are Marvel, Star Wars and Jurassic Park, with a little DC thrown in.....
BigMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 01:45 AM   #290
Fu_Manchu
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninner View Post
Lol, I can edit my post if I choose to. Who put you in charge?!
And lol, dude I’ve seen you bashing Prime 1’s JP line ever since they first announced it. Nothing new here. I totally believe they sold 300 of these, it’s amazing! I do think sales were a bit lower than expected on some of the other pieces, which is a shame but this one is awesome!
That I'm bashing what? Lie lie, I only critized how the rex was made. I can critize pieces whatever I want the same way you spam Prime1 everywhere.

By the way I've seen you critizing this line a lot lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambulanceartist
I believe sales are definitely picking up due to Chronicles demise.
That may be. Or maybe not. What I'm sure of is that Prime1 (or any company for instance) don't sell all of the edition sizes they announce. We cannot say that this line is selling a lot based on the triceratops going on waitlist, because the triceratops ES was only 50.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambulanceartist
I waited YEARS for someone to produce quality high end JP pieces. When chronicle came on to the scene I was excited but some of the stuff they produced was somewhat lazy and never truly impressive. I own a few of their pieces but paint and QC was always a bit lackluster. I’m grateful they resurrected interest but it was also a combination of hype for the new films.

I wouldn't tag as high end pieces PVC made stuff, but I understand you. Chronicle made some incredible pieces, others were poorly painted. But at least they did the research to give you a copy of the Stan Winston pieces/maquettes. In polystone, not PVC. That was unprecedented and I don't think that will happen again in the collectibles world.

But anyways, this is just a technical note. Making more pieces that it should of this Rotunda piece would be losing money. As many licences they buy, Prime1 is very conservative on how many batchs they make and if they are selling well. When the preorders start to slow down they stop to place more orders to the factory.

It's impossible to know the actual number of pieces that are made, of anything. Anybody that works inside this industry will confirm this. When you read "Sold Out" o "Waitlist" does not necessarily mean that the piece was doing well.