Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Iron Studios

Old 05-05-2021, 07:04 AM   #21
Jon_Boston_83
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninner View Post
The cancelled LW piece was compys.
Was it a diorama of them attacking Dieter Stark?

I'd love to see a diorama of the two Rex's attacking Eddie in the jeep.

It makes sense if they go on to Dominion so they can cash in on the films release, as long as they go back and do some stuff from the older movies too.

Personally i'd prefer them to stick with JP, but if they don't at least that saves me some money!
Jon_Boston_83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 08:31 AM   #22
Ninner
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon_Boston_83 View Post
Was it a diorama of them attacking Dieter Stark?

It makes sense if they go on to Dominion so they can cash in on the films release, as long as they go back and do some stuff from the older movies too.

Personally i'd prefer them to stick with JP, but if they don't at least that saves me some money!
No it just had 3 compys positioned around the outside of a pool of water. I think one of them was taking a drink. Yea it makes sense to focus on the one that’s coming out next. But I have a feeling once that’s wrapped up, that will be it for the Jurassic releases. But yea like you said, at least we can save some money then lol
Ninner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 02:30 PM   #23
Lemmiwinkles
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Regarding the Explorer sitting too low on the front: The reason for this is it looks like the factory used the same base measurement from the crushed 04 Explorer. If you look at the gaps at the wheels on the 04, it's identical to the non-damaged 05. It doesn't look like there's a way to fix it either, I've considered it on my own or trying to get a spare I can modify.

Regarding the Jeep: I'd buy it in a heartbeat. Iron Studios have told me and numerous others that the issue lies with licensing for Jeep and won't explain much further than that. The Dilophosaurus is even in the EXACT pose as it stands in front of Nedry so I can only assume a Jeep, Nedry and Dilo scene was on the cards and they just went ahead with the Dilo alone.

ps, if anyone is selling broken pieces or things from set A + B please DM me. I know Chronicle Collectibles were just replacing things without asking for the broken bits back so I can only assume there's a lot of people with spares. Please let me know.
Lemmiwinkles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 12:59 PM   #24
BladeoftheMoon
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemmiwinkles View Post
Regarding the Explorer sitting too low on the front: The reason for this is it looks like the factory used the same base measurement from the crushed 04 Explorer. If you look at the gaps at the wheels on the 04, it's identical to the non-damaged 05. It doesn't look like there's a way to fix it either, I've considered it on my own or trying to get a spare I can modify.

Regarding the Jeep: I'd buy it in a heartbeat. Iron Studios have told me and numerous others that the issue lies with licensing for Jeep and won't explain much further than that. The Dilophosaurus is even in the EXACT pose as it stands in front of Nedry so I can only assume a Jeep, Nedry and Dilo scene was on the cards and they just went ahead with the Dilo alone.

ps, if anyone is selling broken pieces or things from set A + B please DM me. I know Chronicle Collectibles were just replacing things without asking for the broken bits back so I can only assume there's a lot of people with spares. Please let me know.
Thanks for explaining that at least it's not broken. I had feared some just came damaged and it wasn't really obvious.

I don't much buy this " copyright issues " line for either the Mattel line or high end collectibles like IS sells. If you get a license for the films then it should include everything in them? Universal Studios even has a Jeep in the park display.

They did also making the attacking JP Raptor from the Rotunda Dio then they went ahead and made a smaller diorama instead of using it so idk if the Dilo alone is proof of a diorama.
BladeoftheMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 04:56 PM   #25
Lemmiwinkles
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeoftheMoon View Post
Thanks for explaining that at least it's not broken. I had feared some just came damaged and it wasn't really obvious.

I don't much buy this " copyright issues " line for either the Mattel line or high end collectibles like IS sells. If you get a license for the films then it should include everything in them? Universal Studios even has a Jeep in the park display.

They did also making the attacking JP Raptor from the Rotunda Dio then they went ahead and made a smaller diorama instead of using it so idk if the Dilo alone is proof of a diorama.
My argument regarding the Dilo and the attacking raptor is that Prime 1 and Chronicle Collectibles had also announced a rotunda diorama. With IS being dead last, they probably decided to go for the cheaper, smaller scale market to compete. Just my guess there.

About the licensing: The Explorers have also had licensing issues. Jurassic World Evolution has 'Explorers' that aren't Ford Explorers. Looks like they ran into issues too. It appears that there is probably different licenses for different things, like game, toys, collectibles etc.
Lemmiwinkles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 02:24 PM   #26
Jon_Boston_83
Birdman

The new Amber collection Muldoon also apparently doesn't include his shotgun, and there were issues with IS being able to include it in their diorama too, so they do have licensing issues still it seems.
Old 05-14-2021, 04:34 PM   #27
Dinos4Ever
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by No1 View Post
The Lost World are on the plans too, so after that last scene from JP (or even before), we could expect something from The Lost World, what I have no idea, but maybe a Stegosaurus, that would be a diferent dino for the collection.
I would love to have a nice, screen accurate copy of the TLW Stegosaurus. I didn't mind the sculpt of the Chronicle one,but it in the end, it was basically just a copy of the maquette.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon_Boston_83 View Post
Always loved that shot of the T. rex pair flanking both sides of the Mercedes. I would totally buy one of those.
Dinos4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2022, 08:01 AM   #28
VickPS
Blue Falcon

Well, Renan Pizii just posted this on Instagram:

Under this picture:

I think it's fair to say the piece is pretty much confirmed afterall.
VickPS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2022, 09:38 AM   #29
dannygarrett09
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickPS View Post
Well, Renan Pizii just posted this on Instagram:

Under this picture:

I think it's fair to say the piece is pretty much confirmed afterall.
It probably is Nedry and the Jeep but it be interesting to see what they were able to present this with the Jeep as they already did a Dilo so to make something new and not a rehash would be interesting.
dannygarrett09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2022, 03:20 PM   #30
Jon_Boston_83
Birdman

No way no way no way! I'm suddenly very excited. My hope for this was fading. I really hope it is, and that it includes the jeep, east dock sign and Barbasol can in the mud...

Even if the Dilo looks the same as the lone figure, it would be no different to the raptors from the kitchen diorama which were also done as stand alone statues.