Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 02-19-2021, 07:49 PM   #4181
Atlantisatdawn
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
Still not feeling him, i love the use of the clear resin but something just doesn't work, I don't know if it's colour separation or not enough colours....just something doesn't work for me...maybe it's just a lack of personality to the piece...?
Yeah it is lacking something, I sorta like it, the hip armour does make his legs look shorter, but it doesn't really bother me, I've seen paintings of people in maybe the 18th century with clothes that sorta give that same effect of shorter legs, maybe Benjamin Franklin or somebody? I cant remember, but I feel the face sculpt has no personality at all, and that's what really bugs me, I dont mind the head sculpt overall, but it's just lacking as you say personality, they showed the Kaylahkyll character again on their COTD show today, if they could recreate her in a statue as depicted in the art, it might be my favorite piece period, Tom didn't mention any new statues, but I hope that's one he's considering along with the other one's we have mentioned as must have's for the COTD, I always get mad and say I'm given up on the line, but I guess I'll wait for (hopefully) SDCC 2021, if things get better with the virus and maybe see something new, however I wont be getting this piece until I see the premium formats are continuing
Atlantisatdawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 12:22 PM   #4182
Tempest
Justice League

Death has arrived. The colors on this are beautiful
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2633.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	172.7 KB
ID:	139307   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2634.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	129.1 KB
ID:	139308  

Last edited by Tempest; 05-11-2021 at 12:26 PM. Reason: rotating pics
Tempest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 12:31 PM   #4183
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest View Post
Death has arrived. The colors on this are beautiful
I really like this piece... I wouldn't mind if they did at least just one more character like this. I'd get both then.
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 02:18 PM   #4184
Tempest
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
I really like this piece... I wouldn't mind if they did at least just one more character like this. I'd get both then.
I loved it since they premiered it. I had no other CotD pieces, but I recently got the Lighter side of Darkness candle set they released, and I love them. Death is made of PVC (so are the candles) and lighter than I expected, but the base is wide and stable.
Tempest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 02:56 PM   #4185
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest View Post
I loved it since they premiered it. I had no other CotD pieces, but I recently got the Lighter side of Darkness candle set they released, and I love them. Death is made of PVC (so are the candles) and lighter than I expected, but the base is wide and stable.
Yeah I've liked Death since seeing him at SDCC a while back. Only COTD piece I own is the first Queen, so obviously I am biased, and would like to see Gethsemoni be next in this colorful line
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 10:19 PM   #4186
Thor57
Teen Titans

I'm close to being done with this line I think. Which is sad, cause its probably the bulk of my collection right now. I havent been overly taken by the last two pieces released in the 1/4 scale, and all the novelty stuff like candles, small pieces and dolls isnt for me. A shame, as there are 5 to 6 other characters I really wanted to add.
Thor57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 12:07 PM   #4187
Atlantisatdawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor57 View Post
I'm close to being done with this line I think. Which is sad, cause its probably the bulk of my collection right now. I havent been overly taken by the last two pieces released in the 1/4 scale, and all the novelty stuff like candles, small pieces and dolls isnt for me. A shame, as there are 5 to 6 other characters I really wanted to add.
I agree 100% with your statement, I did decide to order Ellianastis after seeing the YouTube reviews which look good, but I feel it's time for them to step up at SDCC with some A list characters, its us crazy COTD fans that have kept this line going, and candles, apples or dolls ain't gonna do it, but after nearly 2 years, I have to believe Tom and crew have something great coming, maybe?
Old 05-12-2021, 03:42 PM   #4188
Doctor Doom
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantisatdawn View Post
I agree 100% with your statement, I did decide to order Ellianastis after seeing the YouTube reviews which look good, but I feel it's time for them to step up at SDCC with some A list characters, its us crazy COTD fans that have kept this line going, and candles, apples or dolls ain't gonna do it, but after nearly 2 years, I have to believe Tom and crew have something great coming, maybe?
Agree. Shieve is the last item I have on PO from the COTD line. Hope they drop something else cool soon.
Doctor Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 09:48 PM   #4189
Atlantisatdawn

Ok its 1 month until SDCC, please Tom give us something to get excited about, Stryfe had promise, but the face is too bland, I like the design other than the portrait, but we need Wightshiv, Exraile, Kaylahkyll and do a maquette with Death or Demithyle riding their horse ( I'd pay good money for that) and Kier as a Angel in 1/4 scale, the 1/6 looks ok, but it's not for me
Old 07-16-2021, 06:51 PM   #4190
Atlantisatdawn

So they have the ThreeZero Malavestros and Demithyle coming soon, they do look very nice, but I want some premium formats, I'm ONLY collecting for the 1/4 scale of this line, I have way too much money invested to start collecting 1/6, hope there is good news coming next week!?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1125x682_previewbanner_908844_MalavestrosFigure.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	199.1 KB
ID:	141235