Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 05-11-2021, 01:29 PM   #1111
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Did she? Were they in MojoWorld when this went down? Better yet - what the hell happened to the kid?
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 01:43 PM   #1112
Master Pizza
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Did she? Were they in MojoWorld when this went down? Better yet - what the hell happened to the kid?
When I stopped collecting I think she was pregnant. Just googled to find out what happened and of course because they're mutants nothing can ever be straightforward. Long story short there is a child that somehow neither remember and he grew up to be Shatterstar.
Master Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 03:44 PM   #1113
SDguy

Speaking of Emma, is she back to almost her original white queen outfit (thigh highs instead of knee highs still)?

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	185513386_162194942573998_1064208936922298355_n.jpg
Views:	270
Size:	196.9 KB
ID:	139311  
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 05:16 PM   #1114
Demona
Martian Manhunter

She changes outfits all the time in the series. She is the fashionista she is always talking about. I like it. Makes them seem more realistic. Lot of her outfits have the boots, though. Very rarely is she in a simple heel.

And back to Dazzler and Longshot....that may have been covered in XForce (?) which I didn’t read regularly. And Eisner Shatterstar like Cable and Rachel / an interdemensional baby??
Old 05-11-2021, 11:06 PM   #1115
Peedi
The Secret Six

I remember this being covered towards the end of the previous X-Factor written by Peter David, I don’t remember which specific issues.

But Shatterstar time travels to the past and his genetic material is stolen to create Longshot...fast forward, Longshot grows up, becomes an X-Man, marries Dazzler and they have a baby, who is Shatterstar... their memories of the baby (and apparently marriage?) are wiped and baby Shatterstar is taken to the future where he’s raised and eventually time travels back to the past where his genetic material is stolen to create Longshot.

So the big twist was that they’re each other’s father.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 12:07 AM   #1116
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
I remember this being covered towards the end of the previous X-Factor written by Peter David, I don’t remember which specific issues.

But Shatterstar time travels to the past and his genetic material is stolen to create Longshot...fast forward, Longshot grows up, becomes an X-Man, marries Dazzler and they have a baby, who is Shatterstar... their memories of the baby (and apparently marriage?) are wiped and baby Shatterstar is taken to the future where he’s raised and eventually time travels back to the past where his genetic material is stolen to create Longshot.

Marvel gave that storyline the ok but would not allow Chris Claremont to let Mystique shape shift into a man and impregnant Destiny and birth Nightcrawler.
mmk123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 12:41 AM   #1117
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Well well. That is some interesting deets on that genetically f’ed up family

Does Mystique shapeshifter to the point of forming viable sperm? I don’t think so. I’ve always taken her shape-shifting to be an external change, not an internal one. At most she can match their voice. For a time, she wasn’t even able to mask her smell from Wolverine. I highly doubt she would ever be able to provide sperm to create a child, she would have to still be the egg donor in all situations.

If I recall, if she takes the shape of a large person it even more taxing on her.
Old 05-12-2021, 12:51 AM   #1118
Master Pizza
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post

Now I need to know if this plot was created before or after the song I'M MY OWN GRANDPA.
Master Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 12:52 AM   #1119
mmk123

Well I never thought of it to that extent but that is the storyline that Chris Claremont wanted to do but was not able to which to be honest would’ve been a hell of a lot better of an origin for nightcrawler than what we ended up getting from Chuck Austin and that Nightcrawler’s dad is a demon

Well maybe mystique would’ve shape shifted into the form of a very short man who didn’t weigh a lot so maybe that’s how she would’ve been able to impregnant Destiny
Old 05-12-2021, 12:55 AM   #1120
mmk123

I do remember back in the old justice league task force comic book that the Martian man Hunter did shape shift into a female Martian and apparently started having some sort of premenstrual syndrome going on

I believe it was a two-parter written by Peter David and I don’t own those issues anymore but the two-parter was written rather tongue-in-cheek and I really don’t think it would be okayed if it was proposed today