Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 01-13-2021, 01:54 AM   #241
Dundee
Hydra

Can't wait for you guys to receive this. I think this piece has converted me to a genisys endo fan. Absolutely nothing on the market comes close to this, it's the ultimate terminator piece.
Dundee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 02:10 AM   #242
wayne-m0
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dundee View Post
Can't wait for you guys to receive this. I think this piece has converted me to a genisys endo fan. Absolutely nothing on the market comes close to this, it's the ultimate terminator piece.
agreed mate, it looks to blow the sideshow one out of the water as the quality of the sideshow one version 2 is quite poor. the chrome is cracking on mine as it is on another one i know of. so thats two for starters, so lets hope this one is an improvement and is much better on display over the long term.
wayne-m0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 04:07 AM   #243
Dundee
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne-m0 View Post
agreed mate, it looks to blow the sideshow one out of the water as the quality of the sideshow one version 2 is quite poor. the chrome is cracking on mine as it is on another one i know of. so thats two for starters, so lets hope this one is an improvement and is much better on display over the long term.

Absolutely, in terms of accuracy and asthetics it's in a league of it's own. Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't Sideshow version 2 painted? So maybe it's the paint cracking and wearing off overtime?
Old 01-13-2021, 02:48 PM   #244
wayne-m0
The Spirit

Quote:
Absolutely, in terms of accuracy and asthetics it's in a league of it's own. Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't Sideshow version 2 painted? So maybe it's the paint cracking and wearing off overtime?
no mate just take a look at this crap which they produce!!!!!! Its everwhere not even a year old like a disease serious QUALITY CONTROL PROBLEM and not fit for purpose.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	3.JPG
Views:	50
Size:	615.3 KB
ID:	136017   Click image for larger version

Name:	5.JPG
Views:	51
Size:	602.4 KB
ID:	136018   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5363D.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	313.0 KB
ID:	136019   Click image for larger version

Name:	8.JPG
Views:	55
Size:	610.5 KB
ID:	136020  
Old 01-13-2021, 02:54 PM   #245
wayne-m0
The Spirit

and the best about it was Sideshow thinks this is acceptable for one year on display and had the gaul to say it was an unpacking and assembly problem. So complained to sideshow to get a replacement. This is not a high end display piece worth 6 grand let alone 600 at this rate. No response as yet. Give me my money back sideshow or replace the whole damn thing. Your production of this is flawed. Its not just mine another contact i know his not even 4 month old and going the same way. THIS IS A CHROME PLATING ISSUE AT MANUFACTURE ITS NOT ADHERING TO THE BASE MATERIAL.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	4.JPG
Views:	37
Size:	596.8 KB
ID:	136021   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_536DD2.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	294.9 KB
ID:	136022   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_536V5.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	209.3 KB
ID:	136023   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5364.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	296.4 KB
ID:	136024  
Old 01-13-2021, 03:41 PM   #246
Dundee
Hydra

Quote:
and the best about it was Sideshow thinks this is acceptable for one year on display and had the gaul to say it was an unpacking and assembly problem. So complained to sideshow to get a replacement. This is not a high end display piece worth 6 grand let alone 600 at this rate. No response as yet. Give me my money back sideshow or replace the whole damn thing. Your production of this is flawed. Its not just mine another contact i know his not even 4 month old and going the same way. THIS IS A CHROME PLATING ISSUE AT MANUFACTURE ITS NOT ADHERING TO THE BASE MATERIAL.
That is absolutely unacceptable, even by third world standards. From those pics the entire statue is defective, it looks to me they botched up every step of the chroming process. Those pics show it's clearly a manufacturing problem, it looks diseased as its evenly cracking, not an inch missed. I'm stunned they mention it being unpacking and assembly problem. I'd keep at it and if able to, mention it to a consumer protection agency and see if they are able to force mediation. This is a nightmare to see a piece at that price point like that and sideshow wanting to brush off and not take responsibility. Thanks for calling this out, I never buy stuff from sideshow, what a circus company they have become. Hope you get an entire refund asap, in fact that should be at least the minimum, with all the time and energy sapped from chasing this up.
Old 01-13-2021, 06:51 PM   #247
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
I know that V2 Endo had leaning issues stemming from bad resin. It looks like yours may have been them trying to experiment with a different resin and it not reacting well to the chrome. So sorry to see yours like that, I would not be happy even if that was ho it looked at 20 years old, never mind only 1, it should never look like that. My old original Sideshow V1 from 15 years ago looks new, it's a shame Sideshow continues to plummet in quality.
67L88Stingray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 03:13 AM   #248
wayne-m0
The Spirit

Quote:
That is absolutely unacceptable, even by third world standards. From those pics the entire statue is defective, it looks to me they botched up every step of the chroming process. Those pics show it's clearly a manufacturing problem, it looks diseased as its evenly cracking, not an inch missed. I'm stunned they mention it being unpacking and assembly problem. I'd keep at it and if able to, mention it to a consumer protection agency and see if they are able to force mediation. This is a nightmare to see a piece at that price point like that and sideshow wanting to brush off and not take responsibility. Thanks for calling this out, I never buy stuff from sideshow, what a circus company they have become. Hope you get an entire refund asap, in fact that should be at least the minimum, with all the time and energy sapped from chasing this up.
Thanks for the kind words and encouragement mate. As i am in the UK I dont think Sideshow give a damn. To cuff me off saying almost to the point of saying this is wear and tear and acceptable after a year is shocking. For such a high end expensive piece its disgusting and they cant even admit its a chrome issue. one must be blind to not see it.
Old 01-14-2021, 03:16 AM   #249
wayne-m0
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
I know that V2 Endo had leaning issues stemming from bad resin. It looks like yours may have been them trying to experiment with a different resin and it not reacting well to the chrome. So sorry to see yours like that, I would not be happy even if that was ho it looked at 20 years old, never mind only 1, it should never look like that. My old original Sideshow V1 from 15 years ago looks new, it's a shame Sideshow continues to plummet in quality.
thanks mate, yes its terrible. If this shames sideshow and prevents others from having the same hassles as me then it serves a purpose. i have no where to go with this model sadly, took me ages to pay for it and its no small change and wanted one for years. I really feel let down by Sideshow and will never buy anything from them again but just hope Cinemaquette is far better in quality and lasts otherwise ill be jinxed i reckon with terrible luck.
Old 01-14-2021, 07:40 AM   #250
Dundee
Hydra

Quote:
thanks mate, yes its terrible. If this shames sideshow and prevents others from having the same hassles as me then it serves a purpose. i have no where to go with this model sadly, took me ages to pay for it and its no small change and wanted one for years. I really feel let down by Sideshow and will never buy anything from them again but just hope Cinemaquette is far better in quality and lasts otherwise ill be jinxed i reckon with terrible luck.
The law of averages is on your side mate, hoping it all turns out fabulous. On a good note, even the rough snaps taken from recent collectors in asia who have received this...quality looks superlative. It literally looks like real metal alloy and is super smooth on the surface. I dig the pose, has a neat cool looking base with crushed drone and a cpu chip debris which is a nice touch. No guns which I prefer, can see the full endo in it's glory. If I had the space and misses approval, I would buy this though being in Australia I think it wasn't released here. This is going to be virtually impossible to buy in the second hand market, given the tiny ES, the competition would be enormous if one were to be listed.