Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

View Poll Results: What do you think about having different scales of the same statue?
I'd like to have 1/3 and 1/4 of the same piece 5 23.81%
We should have one scale only 13 61.90%
We should have 3 different scales 1/2, 1/3 and 1/4 3 14.29%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-25-2021, 01:06 PM   #1
bearmdel
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Should we get the same statue in different scales?

Hi guys!

One of the biggest issues I read in all the forums is that people prefer an specific scale due to space, preferability or detail and considering a lot of the sculpts are done in 3D nowadays, I think it would be a good idea for some major companies to offer statues in at least 2 different scales, preferably 1/4 and 1/3.

What do you guys think? Should we ask places like Prime 1, JND, Sideshow, Infinity, Queen Studios, Blitzway among others to offer different scales for the same piece or just keep the way it is?

Vote and let us know your thoughts
bearmdel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2021, 01:16 PM   #2
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Economically, this would be a nightmare for any producer. In addition, the choice of scale might be dictated by the license that company holds. For example, Prime1 might only have a license to produce 1/3 D.C. pieces....full stop.

While 3D printing is taking off, it's by no means replacing "traditional" mass production methods - this is especially true for companies such as JND who are producing silicone headsculpt. So offering different scales is by no means a simple "click of the button".

Recently, Queen Studios offered Catwoman on Batpod in both 1/3 and 1/6 - but that was clearly a special action on their part, and not the "norm".
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2021, 04:01 PM   #3
French Cancan
Deadman

From what I can see, a lot of companies are offering 1/4 and 1/6 for the same project. But all are unlicensed.
And I never saw a single company offering 1/3 and 1/4 at the same time for a same project...
More than probably, like Silas said, it's a license thing.
Or an unlicensed one....
French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2021, 04:12 PM   #4
67L88Stingray
Alpha Flight

I don't like when companies do that, except for maybe when they are very different sizes and even then it depends on the piece. The Queen Catwoman on Batpod comes to mind as the most recent I can think of at 1/3 and 1/6.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2021, 04:17 PM   #5
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

I wonder how profitable that would be for companies. Now I can see the advantage of it for collectors because I prefer my status to be the size of a Tweeterhead SuperPowers/2.0 size and no larger. Now I have seen some statues produced by other companies at a much larger scale and think those would be nice to have but that would mean a lot more money to spend, finding statue box storage and also where to display.
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2021, 06:59 PM   #6
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

It makes my decision a lot easier as I'm pretty much only 1/4, however I wouldn't mind companies offering different scales as long as the quality is high. This isn't guaranteed if they're spreading themselves thin with different scales - we have to wait long enough as it is sometimes, so I'm fine with the way things are
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2021, 08:12 PM   #7
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

I'd honestly like to have those XM Samurai statues and X-Men in 1/6. Shogun is a back breaker.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2021, 08:44 PM   #8
Blade3327
Nightwing

The difference between 1/3 and 1/4 may be great enough for the consumer, but not enough for the manufacturer. Probably why when this does happen, the scales are much further apart.

Would be nice, though. I preordered Prime 1's 1/3 Predator for the immaculate sculpt, but I'd be lying if I said I don't prefer 1/4. It's still plenty big for characters like that.
Blade3327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2021, 12:08 AM   #9
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

One scale only. IA and PCS already tried this with their Transformer lines and it killed them both. It’s a waste of resources, confuses the buyer and isn’t cost effective.
eternalblue02 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2021, 01:57 AM   #10
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalblue02 View Post
One scale only. IA and PCS already tried this with their Transformer lines and it killed them both. It?s a waste of resources, confuses the buyer and isn?t cost effective.
Yep, collectors are fickle and don't really know what they want, or they do, until it changes the following week. Too many choices, and it's just a hot mess.

Though I will admit I did get the 1/6 CW on Batpod, and would never get it in 1/3.
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote