Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 07-17-2020, 07:51 PM   #261
T-Rex
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaboy311 View Post
Wanted to share this mod i made on blue's base. The difference is incredible. Now it actually looks like wet soil and water. Very simple using this product.
Hi! Please could you explain the method, step by step. Never done something similar before, but I think a glossy effect on the base will add value and wow effect.

Thanks for sharing the steps!!
T-Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 06:54 AM   #262
BigMo
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

My local supplier got a few of these back in stock, maybe cancelled orders, I thought I had missed out. Just unpacked my Blue, really impressive statue, a lot bigger than the Triceratops. I'm having issues with his left foot though, won't sit flat in the base, seems out of shape. I wonder because he's been packed up for a while. Has anyone had issues with this? Other than that, beautiful piece. He's up on my channel.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3441.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	104.4 KB
ID:	138871  
BigMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 08:42 AM   #263
tamaboy311
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMo View Post
My local supplier got a few of these back in stock, maybe cancelled orders, I thought I had missed out. Just unpacked my Blue, really impressive statue, a lot bigger than the Triceratops. I'm having issues with his left foot though, won't sit flat in the base, seems out of shape. I wonder because he's been packed up for a while. Has anyone had issues with this? Other than that, beautiful piece. He's up on my channel.
That's a big issue with lots of them. Try heating up the legs a bit with a blower. Maybe it'll help it settle.
tamaboy311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 08:55 PM   #264
67L88Stingray
Alpha Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMo View Post
It was probably a return, that's how I got mine. It's an issue with P1 dinos. A bit of heat and work and it went in fine. My Rex has a similar foot/base incompatability, but the legs are much thicker so that didn't help, still have a little ~1/8" hover foot, but it's not terrible. I am probably going to sell it anyway, too many Rexes.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 01:53 AM   #265
BladeoftheMoon
Mephisto

I had to work mine a little but it slid in finally. If you have a friend you trust have them hold it while wiggle the feet in at the same time slowly. Failing that try a hairdryer.
BladeoftheMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 04:18 PM   #266
T-Rex

I really can’t believe P1 quality control will be poorer every day...
Old 05-04-2021, 11:12 AM   #267
MATthemes
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Rex View Post
It has nothing to do with QC.
This common problem was probably due to the effect of temperature rises and drops.
The wrong space in the styrofoam let the vinyl move.
When receiving it at the unbox, just use a hairdryer and it's all fine.
MATthemes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 03:44 PM   #268
solidgadium
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Rex View Post
Mine didn't have any issues and I ordered it when the EX went back in stock for a day or two. That being said, nothing is perfect and several factors will affect hand made/assembled/painted poly statues.
solidgadium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 05:50 PM   #269
T-Rex

I agree with you, no doubt about it.
But you will agree (maybe not) that the huge amount of money that we pay for each single piece, is far more than what really cost to produce them (but I’m ok with that), but all this issues should never happen, not for that huge amount of money. These companies live thanks to collectors... we are fans from them but... till when?
Old 05-05-2021, 12:12 AM   #270
67L88Stingray
Alpha Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by MATthemes View Post
It has nothing to do with QC.
This common problem was probably due to the effect of temperature rises and drops.
The wrong space in the styrofoam let the vinyl move.
When receiving it at the unbox, just use a hairdryer and it's all fine.
That doesn't explain why many rexes have the same problem.

These Styrofoam packages are great insulator/isolators so I don't buy the "got a little hot" on the way.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote