Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > News and Updates > Statue Reviews

Old 07-12-2009, 01:36 AM   #1
JAWS
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

SIDESHOW INDIANA JONES PF REVIEW

If I wasn't running running around in the woods with a wooded sword pretending to be Conan then I was running around the woods with a hat and a whip pretending to kill Nazi's and find lost artifacts.

Indiana Jones was probably the second most important hero to me in my young childhood and like so many others I was pumped to hear that SS was doing a PF of him. So how did he turn out? Let's see.

Face sculpt - 4 out of 5 - Straight on this is a dead on likeness of Harrison Ford. It's PERFECT!!! A Five star sculpt. However from other angles he can look a bit ape like. I think it's the puffy cheeks or something. It's just a bit off. Also He can not be placed above eye level because his smile begins to give him a rather stupidfied look. Again, straight on everything is perfect but unlike the Conan or T-800 Pfs he does not look great from every angle.

Paint - 4 out of 5 - This has been the area of much frustration for many people. I have seen many complaints and photos to back up those complaints that the skin tone on this statue is just too dark. Well I was lucky. While Indy is dark, he is not to the extreme that I have seen in other posts. Even so the paint could have been done a bit better. I look at the T-800 and say to myself, "what if they took just a little more time with Indy like they did the T-800" It just not have that natural look. Also the eyebrows on this piece dont match each other perfectly but it does not bother me due to the hat giving the eyebrow area some shade. Indy's scruff could have been touched up better also.

Body Sculpt - 5 out of 5 / Pose - 5 out of 5 - Total 5 out of 5 - This statue just oozes Indiana Jones. Yes it's not the most exciting pose but it just fits Indy's feel. Let's face it. Indy may be a man of action but that is because the action is thrust upon him. He really is just rather laid back and cool. Look at the Temple of Doom with Indy in the Temple, the first Raiders poster or the KOTCS poster. Indy is alway standing there looking cool. Yes the other Raiders poster has him with the whip in action but that smile just tells me that he is a cool guy having some fun

Clothes - 4 out of 5 - Yes the Jacket is too small and in my room anyways, too green. Would I have ever noticed this if it was not pointed out by everyone? I don't know. However the paints, shirt, and sculpted hat are all perfect. I can look past the jacket but it is a problem and causes the clothes to loose a point.

Weapons - 4 out of 5 - Even though in this photo it is place the wrong way, you can get the whip to fit in his hand the other way and it fits more naturally and looks GREAT!! The gun looks good but stays hidden away in the holster. However If the exclusive was a removable hand with gun instad of Idol I think the gun would still be in it's holster because the idol is super cool. I took off a point because the gun does not fit in the holster perfectly and I have had to glue the holster closed because the gun made it rip. Hmmmm perhaps I should have taken another point away from clothing instead?

Lasting appeal - 5 out of 5 - This is INDIANA JONES and he will forever remain in my collection. It should really say something about this piece that every time I look at it I hear the John William's Indy theme in my head.

Overall - 4.5 out of 5 Not an average - Ok it's not absolutely perfect but as I said before this Pf just oozes Indiana Jones. I love this statue and the GREAT far outweighs the bad.
JAWS is offline   Reply With Quote