Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 07-02-2017, 11:01 AM   #1211
zeus
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Im selling a whole bunch of my omnis Old and new.
zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 01:38 PM   #1212
RyanGabriel
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

What do you have? Send me a list. Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus View Post
RyanGabriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 01:56 PM   #1213
Penoy
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus View Post
If you have an Eternals omnibus that you are letting go please let me know. Been looking for one for a long time.
Penoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 09:12 AM   #1214
protector2814
Phoenix

Am currently 151 pages deep into my new, Amazing Spiderman Omnibus, V3. Just fantastic. This is Spidey to me. Romita& Jim Mooney's web-slinging & city-swinging are just so dynamic & fun. Lee's scripts were innocent, but at the same time goofily detailed & fun. Great villains, great art, great writing, back-up cast pretty much included everybody. Lovin' this omnibus.

protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 02:34 PM   #1215
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

I'm most looking forward to rediscovering Gil Kane's work on Amazing Spider-Man. While JRSR deserves credit for pushing this book into the more mainstream limelight, following Steve Ditko's more moody take, I really feel that Gil Kane's work on Green Lantern and The Atom were just his warm up for what he'd do on Amazing Spider-Man. He takes the wiry, fluid and kinetic action of Ditko, lacking from Romita's slicker and more refined art, and brings the personality and frantic tone and action that, to me, is just signature Spider-Man!!
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 03:51 PM   #1216
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
I'm most looking forward to rediscovering Gil Kane's work on Amazing Spider-Man. While JRSR deserves credit for pushing this book into the more mainstream limelight, following Steve Ditko's more moody take, I really feel that Gil Kane's work on Green Lantern and The Atom were just his warm up for what he'd do on Amazing Spider-Man. He takes the wiry, fluid and kinetic action of Ditko, lacking from Romita's slicker and more refined art, and brings the personality and frantic tone and action that, to me, is just signature Spider-Man!!
JP Sarri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 02:35 PM   #1217
joy_division
My baby calls me the Loch Ness Monster, two great big humps and then I'm gone

Classic X-Men ordered
joy_division is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 11:21 AM   #1218
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

Just preordered Punisher By Garth Ennis Omnibus. (reprint)
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 12:45 PM   #1219
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
Just preordered Punisher By Garth Ennis Omnibus. (reprint)
Very nice!

There are several omnis coming out and out now that I really want but haven't had the funds to get any... I hopefully have a sale lined up in the next couple of weeks to fund one of them I'll just have to choose

I really want the latest Dr Strange one as well as the Ennis Punisher, WW Hulk and Planet Hulk and the Thor reprint. All of those are must haves in my opinion. I think I need to go with Thor as it would be most likely to OOP first? Thoughts?

In the meantime I have started my cosmic saga and cracked open War of Kings Prelude last night...
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 01:46 PM   #1220
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJones View Post
Very nice!

There are several omnis coming out and out now that I really want but haven't had the funds to get any... I hopefully have a sale lined up in the next couple of weeks to fund one of them I'll just have to choose

I really want the latest Dr Strange one as well as the Ennis Punisher, WW Hulk and Planet Hulk and the Thor reprint. All of those are must haves in my opinion. I think I need to go with Thor as it would be most likely to OOP first? Thoughts?

In the meantime I have started my cosmic saga and cracked open War of Kings Prelude last night...

I hope you can find the necessary money in time, dude. Ennis Punisher and Simonson Thor are the two big contestants among them, if you ask me. They are arguably the best runs on the characters. I will definetly get Simonson Thor next, if i must add. I got Ennis Punisher first cause it will be released earlier than Simonson Thor Omni. People say Planet hulk is pretty good but Hulk omnis don't have the priority that Thor omni has for me. May be i won't even get The Hulk Omnis, i haven't decided yet. I can't say anything about The Strange omni, i haven't heard anything about that run of Strange before and i haven't read any Doctor Strange yet anyway so Strange is a pass for me.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote