Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 03-16-2022, 03:50 AM   #601
pdenham
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi_don View Post
I plan on boxing mine up for the time being. But I am letting it outgas any of the resin, paint or silicone volatiles.
How does that work? Are you leaving it out and open/exposed for a few days before rebagging and packing it away? Or are you taking the bag off and boxing it up? How long is it going to take to outgas and how do you know when it fully has?

The humidity and pests won't start being a problem for a couple months yet, but right now I'm hyper concerned about having it exposed to dust, which is a huge problem for me in the room it's in. Even leaving it out for 24 hours, I'll have dust on it when I go to pack it back up.

I did some rearranging and cleaning the last couple days (like I was preparing for a girlfriend to move in ), and the dust in hard to reach areas was caked on to everything.
Building an airtight case for this is a necessity for me now, not an option.

Should also mention I was concerned to see only two silica packets in the entire box. One on the top layer and one in the compartment with the base. I ordered some off Amazon and as soon as they come in tomorrow I'll be unboxing this again and spreading a half dozen more around. I'll probably end up changing them out every six months when it's not being displayed. This is one thing I want to last as long as possible.

Quote:
Bought from Spec Fiction and paid in full for free shipping. It shipped out from Colorado to California several days after the label was generated. I believe this was a gray market item, so Spec Fiction may have had to acquire them through different intermediate buyers. Edition size for standard is 600 which means most likely QS will continue producing this as I doubt they have sold out.

No, it's fully licensed and one of Queen's few global licenses. I assumed that's why Todd was able to offer free shipping without any kind of up charge.
I think they are sold out too. It's no longer available on Queen's website, and it's been waitlisted at Spec since last summer. BBTS is long sold out as well.
Secret Compass has one regular available, but they've started tacking on a collector's surcharge now. Glad I ordered it when I did.

Speaking of shipping- I'd measured the dimensions out prior, and it was only going to be a few inches smaller than the monster 1:3 Thor box in depth and width, while one inch longer overall.
Despite that, I was still able to pick it up off the UPS dolly and walk it all the way up a flight of stairs with no problem. That was a very pleasant surprise. Thor, in comparison was a huge struggle and I had to wimp out and push it all the way up the stairs, one step at a time.

Alita's shipper was torn to hell though, and the interior styrofoam and straps look dingy and frayed. For a minute I thought I was getting someone else's return.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2022, 09:01 PM   #602
MPCanes
The X-Men

Just got my shipping notice from Toynami, woohoo! Have the special edition coming direct from Queen. First silicon piece and first LSB, pretty pumped.
MPCanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2022, 01:27 AM   #603
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdenham View Post
How does that work? Are you leaving it out and open/exposed for a few days before rebagging and packing it away? Or are you taking the bag off and boxing it up? How long is it going to take to outgas and how do you know when it fully has?
I am just leaving it out for a couple of weeks. I am mostly concerned anything that may have come to the surface when it was bagged up to the factory. Who knows how quickly these were packed after they made. There was some slight shine on the chin and neck when I first opened it. I had to gently tweeze some hairs that were ?sticking? to the neck.
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2022, 02:59 AM   #604
pdenham
Teen Titans

Quote:
I am just leaving it out for a couple of weeks. I am mostly concerned anything that may have come to the surface when it was bagged up to the factory. Who knows how quickly these were packed after they made. There was some slight shine on the chin and neck when I first opened it. I had to gently tweeze some hairs that were ?sticking? to the neck.
A couple weeks out free-ranging it is a no go for me.
In less than a week mine would be covered in dust.

I noticed when I went to put the bag back over it, there were a couple little spots of what looked like water drops on the inside of the bag. The substance was sticky and obviously came from what is leeching out of the silicone, and no doubt hastening it's degradation. At least in certain spots on the face.

I can only imagine how long these were sitting on a dock, or sweltering in a container onboard a ship.
Mine's a surprisingly low # too, so it's probably been boxed up quite a while.

I was reading the enclosed maintenance care pamphlet, and it has this answer to what to do with the oil excreted on the silicone
Quote:
A: It's normal for silicone products to secrete small amounts of oil. To remove surface oil, use the makeup powder and sponge provided and gently dab. (?!)
I don't have a sponge or makeup powder packed in mine, and I don't recall seeing anything like that in any unboxings for this.

The brush is nice, but a proper sponge and touch up make up would have been a very worthwhile, and appreciated, inclusion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPCanes View Post
Just got my shipping notice from Toynami, woohoo! Have the special edition coming direct from Queen. First silicon piece and first LSB, pretty pumped.
Congratulations! Sounds like your going to be getting yours fresh off the line.
Old 03-17-2022, 11:39 PM   #605
stephey_emma
Doh!

box is massive!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2439.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	281.9 KB
ID:	147725  
stephey_emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2022, 04:04 AM   #606
K1NG J0RDAN
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Mine is in transit. It was set to deliver on Saturday but got delayed tonight due to a "transportation accident" occurring. Now it'll be Monday. I've never seen that delay before with UPS.

I just want my bust! It seems like anything and everything to delay its arrival has happened. Lol
K1NG J0RDAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2022, 02:19 PM   #607
pdenham
Teen Titans

Sounds like it's gonna be a long weekend for you, King.

Enjoy the anticipation while it lasts.
Old 03-18-2022, 03:32 PM   #608
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by K1NG J0RDAN View Post
Mine is in transit. It was set to deliver on Saturday but got delayed tonight due to a "transportation accident" occurring. Now it'll be Monday. I've never seen that delay before with UPS.

I just want my bust! It seems like anything and everything to delay its arrival has happened. Lol
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2022, 05:32 PM   #609
fox
Doh!

I got my Alita bust 4 months ago but hadn't had the time to unpack and assemble the bust because I have no display stand with a glas to protect the bust from dust. Does anyone have some recommendations for such display stands?
fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2022, 05:35 PM   #610
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox View Post
I got my Alita bust 4 months ago but hadn't had the time to unpack and assemble the bust because I have no display stand with a glas to protect the bust from dust. Does anyone have some recommendations for such display stands?
I really hope you have no QC issues with your piece……..
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote