Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 10-19-2021, 06:22 PM   #31
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
I don't know the sourse material very well, but seeing how good the films were, i read Wolverine by Claremont and Miller. It was nice, even if it didn't have proper end. Then, I bought Claremont omnibuses and started the first one... And... OMG it was one of the worst things i have ever read... horrible... like seriously, how could this thing got this popular ? it was terrible. No adult would like this crap, Marvel should be greatful that they hooked the kids up to the book. It was one of the worst things i have ever read. I left the first omnibus unfinished... I couldn't go on...
I don't think Chris Claremont's writing ages well. I loved it back in the 80s, but rereading his Excalibur series in the first omnibus, while I think the plots are still fine, a lot of the characters' dialogue comes across now as annoyingly clever. I stopped reading his X-Men books after X-Men: The End for that reason.
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 10:50 PM   #32
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisDean View Post
I don't rate the X-Men movies that highly. I'm a huge X-Men fan clearly so maybe I'm too critical of the films knowing how much the source material was butchered.
Couldn’t agree more. The XMen movies don’t hold up and really f**ked up some of the best comic stories ever. Also, it’s not the Mystique show. F that noise. Logan was great and I don’t classify Deadpool as XMen

So I’m still gonna be waiting to die happy lol

I’m a little amazed at the dislike of Claremont. I reread a lot of his material and it holds up for me. I just look at it how comic depth has evolved over the years and know that eras place and feel.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2021, 02:58 AM   #33
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Couldn’t agree more. The XMen movies don’t hold up and really f**ked up some of the best comic stories ever. Also, it’s not the Mystique show. F that noise. Logan was great and I don’t classify Deadpool as XMen

I’m a little amazed at the dislike of Claremont. I reread a lot of his material and it holds up for me. I just look at it how comic depth has evolved over the years and know that eras place and feel.
Only disliking the Claremont's writing. Nothing personal. I don't know Claremont personally.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2021, 02:08 PM   #34
ParisDean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post

The early X-Men issues with Cockrum and Byrne are still good to me. But I don't think I could reread X-Treme X-men today.
Old 11-03-2021, 05:31 AM   #35
ukshaun
Hercules

Eternals makes history as lowest-scoring Marvel Cinematic Universe film to date on Rotten Tomatoes.

I like Gemma Chan, but tend to avoid anything staring Angelina Jolie, as do not rate her acting. The last movie of hers i watched, was Salt (2010) which was below average at best.
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2021, 11:04 AM   #36
ParisDean

It's also the lowest MCU movie rating on Metacritic (54/100, tied with Thor: The Dark World). These scores will most likely be even lower once the movie opens and all the other reviews are published.

I'm still optimistic about seeing it because of why many reviews are negative: they seem to agree that it's too slow and strays too far from the MCU movie formula. Well, I happen to like slower films and have been wanting an MCU movie to break from the formula for a long time--or I might just think it's lame too. I'll find out this weekend.
Old 11-05-2021, 04:50 PM   #37
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

These rotten tomato guys must be crazy. I haven't seen anything wrong with Eternals film. I enjoyed it. It was fine.

It wasn't slow at all, there was enough action.

8/10
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 09:11 PM   #38
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
These rotten tomato guys must be crazy. I haven't seen anything wrong with Eternals film. I enjoyed it. It was fine.

It wasn't slow at all, there was enough action.

8/10
Agree. It wasn't my favorite Marvel film but it wasn't the bomb folks are saying it is. I'd give it a 7.5 or 8 out of 10. Some of the action scenes were really well done.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2021, 09:57 AM   #39
AC_808
Hercules

Haven't seen it yet, but still very excited to see it this weekend.

Don't care what critics say. Even when they give a great review. I need to see these movies for myself.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2021, 08:28 PM   #40
Y3E
Gen 13

6/10 Good story but slow. Action scenes were well done.

There are mid and end credit scenes
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote