Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Community Corner > West Side WAR Room

Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2010, 10:17 PM   #8431
Davidian
Omega Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinzs View Post
I go in Thursday to take the subway basic math and reading tests. almost half way through the process
LOL
Old 03-24-2010, 07:03 AM   #8432
Mr. Kennedy
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

all
Old 03-24-2010, 08:29 AM   #8433
VinReaper
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Location: Out of my mind! Be back in 5 minutes! (+12517 to the Post Count)
Good Morning War Room!!!

VR
Old 03-24-2010, 09:49 AM   #8434
IronLungs31

Morning WAR ROOM!

Old 03-24-2010, 11:13 AM   #8435
cjf28
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinzs View Post
I go in Thursday to take the subway basic math and reading tests. almost half way through the process

Id be curious to see some of the questions.......
Old 03-24-2010, 11:55 AM   #8436
DRL
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

morning everyone!
Old 03-24-2010, 04:18 PM   #8437
Perfecto
Kindly Asked To Leave

Good morning!!!! Well...afternoon since it's 1:18...nice and sunny...time to wash the car!!!
Old 03-24-2010, 07:54 PM   #8438
twinzs
anywhere I lay my head I'm gonna call my home

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjf28 View Post
Id be curious to see some of the questions.......
they're pretty basic. Just to make sure you can handle the everyday math you'll have to use to run the store
Old 03-24-2010, 09:19 PM   #8439
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

So.. my birthday was a blast; hit the slopes for one day of skiing, and one morning of (my first time ever) Snowmobiling.. I kept getting mine up to around 70 mph, which was freakin' my wife out, since she didn't like getting hers over 40 mph.

But.. Rick... Bend was awesome, our first time there, and we're going back, but... I went by "Pegasus Books", which touted itself in the phone book as a "comic book store", which it is; no statues, though. I asked the owner if he had the Marvel "Siege" issues and the Annihilation: Conquest main series hardbacks (not the tie-ins), and he tried to sell me second printings, saying that they were first printings and marked them up in price as I asked if he had them (he had a pen and wrote on the sticker) until I took them out of their bags and POINTED at "Second printing" on their covers (I didn't do it in a rude way, either, I just laughed it off). I said "cool" and moved along to where he pointed out the "Annihilation: Conquest" tpbs. He has the first "Annihilation" series in tpb, but only tie-in tpb for Annihilation: Conquest, but he TRIED to convince me that the tie-ins were the actual series.

My wife bought a book in there (since he sells "regular" books also), and I said "thank you" and opened the door for my wife so we could leave, and he told me "whatever"... to which I responded, "the proper response is 'you're welcome' ".

What an @sshole, though.. I was very polite to him up until he treated me like LionsSuck...LionsSuck...LionsSuck...LionsSuck..., and gave him no reason to act like that towards me.. but even after he tried to swindle me (or he honestly knows jack-sh!t about his own products), I still said "thank you", etc... what an ass to give a "whatever" response.

Just curious if you're familiar with the store and/or that guy, Rick.. older guy with long white hair and a beard.
Old 03-24-2010, 11:29 PM   #8440
ickwinzs
The Rock
Adamantium Plus Member

LOL!!Yup thats Duncan he has owned the shop forever 27 years or so, and while he doesn't read much anymore(I think this is why he was a bit lost) he does come off as an ass to some customers. But is really a good guy when he knows you.
I but all my statues and busts from him I get them at cost and get 10% of my books and such.
To bad you must have got him on one of those days..