Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 11-30-2022, 08:27 PM   #4041
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hutch0o View Post
and the shoulder cannon blocks that side anyway so it would be difficult to see the battle damaged when displayed. I over thought this so much in order to decide if it's worth it haha
this is another new head aside from the closed mouth and it would be cool to have another display bust for the other heads, but I cant do it.

BBTS sold out of all the busts last week. Seems a little strange feels looks they just pulled the orders all at once as opposed to them truly selling out. Could be wrong but dont think so
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2022, 09:19 PM   #4042
VILE GUILE
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
this is another new head aside from the closed mouth and it would be cool to have another display bust for the other heads, but I cant do it.

BBTS sold out of all the busts last week. Seems a little strange feels looks they just pulled the orders all at once as opposed to them truly selling out. Could be wrong but dont think so
BBTS always pulls stuff off as Sold-Out and then I'll see that same stuff back up again weeks later. I think they like to play mental games with the FOMO market. I've been buying stuff from them for over 9 years and noticed it. I think when it comes to expensive statue's, they don't actually have a certain number, they cancel stock if it doesn't sell well enough for them. That's a possibility.
VILE GUILE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2022, 10:29 PM   #4043
jinkazama
Cobra Command

Quote:
sorry jink.

i ordered from Secret Compass. I expect this guy to arrive at my door sometime summer 2023, maybe fall 2023.
No problem SHOGUN, i just forgot i asked you about it is all, but after you mentioned that i asked you about it previously, i think i recall asking which version you were getting, and i think you mentioned you were getting the DX version, which is a good choice for a piece as awesome as the 1/3 Jungle Hunter, that way, you'll have all the display options available for it.....
jinkazama is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2022, 10:31 PM   #4044
Hutch0o
Birdman

Quote:

Did you order the closed mouth?
Hutch0o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 12:58 AM   #4045
Biggunz
Loki

Quote:

Bbts sucks! Used to be cool, but with everyone doing free shipping they pump up their prices too much.
Biggunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 12:59 AM   #4046
Hutch0o
Birdman

Quote:
The teeth are a total non-issue for me. I will fix the color in approximately 5 minutes costing under $10. This includes 2 bottles of 1oz acrylic paint, one bottle of 1oz modpodge sealer and a paint brush...all available for purchase at Michael?s. I have all of this already all it?s gonna cost me 5-10 minutes and little bit of focus.

This piece is a dream come true even with the black teeth.
I agree the teeth are a non issue for me too however do you think the paint will cover the translucent resin sculpt though?

I'm interested to see how you tackle that because if it works I'll do the same. I think I'm getting one from the first batch just waiting on confirmation from my retailer.

Not sure if it's better getting one from the first batch which apparently took a while to produce or a later batch that may have the teeth fixed up but run the risk of them having less attention and rushed in comparison to the first batch that was made to get people to order if they haven't or keep order based on production.
Old 12-01-2022, 09:32 AM   #4047
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Did you order the closed mouth?
i had to get the closed mouth bust. the extra head and the torso display bust is a must for this piece.

Quote:
I agree the teeth are a non issue for me too however do you think the paint will cover the translucent resin sculpt though?

I'm interested to see how you tackle that because if it works I'll do the same. I think I'm getting one from the first batch just waiting on confirmation from my retailer.

Not sure if it's better getting one from the first batch which apparently took a while to produce or a later batch that may have the teeth fixed up but run the risk of them having less attention and rushed in comparison to the first batch that was made to get people to order if they haven't or keep order based on production.

i'll have to see how it goes, but i plan on mixing and matching a desired tooth color similar to the other teeth, thinning the acrylic paint out with drops of water and painting on light coats. one thin watered down coat, hit it with a blow dryer to speed up the drying.... then another, repeat and repeat. they key is building it up slowly, in multiple steps. not slapping on a thick coat and it's done in one step, that will never look right. all im looking to do is brighten the teeth up, they don't have to be pearly white, and the darker base coat of the teeth should work well for the lower part of the teeth around the gums. and the grooves of the teeth if they are present. if the paint doesn't sit nicely on the trans resin teeth ( which i think it should ) i will consider spraying a little primer on in a cup and doing a very light coat of primer on the teeth to give me a fresh start ( I don think i will need to do this tho, i would like to avoid doing this as this process brings us back to the starting line and it's no longer about brightening the base coat ). after the dark teeth are brightened up with 3-4 super light thinned out coats, i will hit it with a modpodge sealer to somewhere in the satin-semigloss-gloss range to match the finish of the other teeth. after the finish is matched with the sealer, and it's brightened up to a reasonable, believable level we should be all set. im happy that the large mandible teeth don't have a noticeable problem, only the little inside teeth.
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 12:13 PM   #4048
Halcyon
Loki

Quote:
... im happy that the large mandible teeth don't have a noticeable problem, only the little inside teeth.
Sorry Shogun, but the mandible fangs got the same treatment. The one(s) displayed by Prime are slightly better (maybe due to bright light or best pick) but most pictures from unboxing customers have quite dark mandibles as well.

Anyhow. I want the basic ivory color (slightly translucent or fully painted with high gloss).
I was thinking maybe it is possible removing (scraping and/or sanding) the teeth back to translucent stage (and adding thin layer semi-gloss) would be much easier to get best result. But many of us will prob discuss this matter when we have these heads in hand. Fingers crossed for all of us
Halcyon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 05:24 PM   #4049
Hutch0o
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post
Sorry Shogun, but the mandible fangs got the same treatment. The one(s) displayed by Prime are slightly better (maybe due to bright light or best pick) but most pictures from unboxing customers have quite dark mandibles as well.

Anyhow. I want the basic ivory color (slightly translucent or fully painted with high gloss).
I was thinking maybe it is possible removing (scraping and/or sanding) the teeth back to translucent stage (and adding thin layer semi-gloss) would be much easier to get best result. But many of us will prob discuss this matter when we have these heads in hand. Fingers crossed for all of us
Where are the unboxing videos? Keen to see
Old 12-01-2022, 07:02 PM   #4050
CoJe
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakyguy666 View Post
You wanted black teeth?
Freaky you've been negative about this piece since over a year ago, trying to justify your purchase of the 1/4 big game cover art predator by putting down everyone else. You don't gotta be the type of collector that needs to put others down to make yourself feel better about your purchases.
CoJe is offline   Reply With Quote