Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Just The Facts... > Collection Corner

Old 10-05-2023, 01:17 PM   #271
DaFunk1981
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
a couple small updates:

this is an older project - captain rex premium format phase II armor conversion. overall i am happy with how it turned out but when i finished it the first time i didnt like how i assembled the belt it was too bulky so this year i disassembled it and reworked some things. the original concept of this was to blend animated clone wars and movie aesthetics together so thats why some elements are more animation inspired with a realistic twist

next is my first completed project of 2023 - CANKOR. i doubt many people are familiar with this character, i stumbled upon the creators instagram account one day and fell in love with his style (matthew allison @cankorr). cankor is basically a superhero cyborg but the stories are kind of a farse on the genre, its a very bizarre and fun book

this started out as a spare batman pf body ive had sitting in a box for about 10 years. the portrait was sculpted by Sumit Malhotra @sumitmalhotra.art and printed by Ed Bradley @heypainterguy

No offense, but the weathering is way too extreme and on the clone trooper. Doesn?t even match the original paint application
DaFunk1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2023, 05:50 PM   #272
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFunk1981 View Post
No offense, but the weathering is way too extreme and on the clone trooper. Doesn?t even match the original paint application
no offense taken my man, this is a one off custom piece for my collection so i painted it the way i wanted. like i said this is kind of a mash up of clone wars animation / live action so theres no real rules. if by original paint you mean how the statue came from the factory that was the goal as i didnt like the way it was at all

a lot of inspiration for the weathering was taken from the clone wars though, as you can see rex's phase II armor is pretty beat up

SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2023, 01:21 PM   #273
GaryTonge
Kingpin

Looks accurate to the show! Nice job!
GaryTonge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2023, 07:12 PM   #274
SONICobra
Batman

well painting season comes to an end and i just barely made it finishing this last project. i wanted to paint my judge dredd statue but i had to finish this project so its ready for C2E2 next year and it ended up taking waaaaaaay longer than i thought

so this is Cobrasun from the book "do a powerbomb!" by Daniel Warren Johnson. im a big fan of his work, love his art, characters and the stories he creates. this is an independent title i think 7-8 issues long. brought me right back to high school watching wcw and wwf and i was inspired to do this statue

the base was a PCS ultimate warrior i got a smoking deal on during some sale. the portrait was sculpted by Sumit Malhotra @sumitmalhotra.art - he always does an amazing job translating comic book designs to real life

aside from the full body statue i made a mold and cast a copy of the upper torso to make a full size bust to give to Daniel at next years C2E2. i also spoke to his art rep earlier this year about doing some magnet heads for him to give away during his art shows. i dont do commissions, i dont sell anything i make - but it will be cool to have some of my stuff out in the wild for once

and because that wasnt enough i had a spare head from the first test print that was too small so i grafted it onto vintage british bulldog wwf figure that i modified to make a funny little mini version for a christmas present for my mom who i owe every ounce of artistic ability to

this was a tremendous challenge and reinforced why i do not do this kind of stuff normally. im going back to personal projects only now

Old 12-12-2023, 09:57 AM   #275
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Wow, great paint apps! Looks really good!
jeremydmc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2023, 12:21 PM   #276
Asgard
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Great work. I like it very much too. You captured the skin tone very well. What is that light green metallic color for the pants. mask, ...?
Asgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2023, 12:31 PM   #277
SONICobra
Batman

thanks fellas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asgard View Post
Great work. I like it very much too. You captured the skin tone very well. What is that light green metallic color for the pants. mask, ...?
the green is createx 5504 iridescent turquoise - i am happy with the outcome but it did give me some problems along the way. it could be that im kind of inexperienced with the airbrush / metallic colors though
Old 12-12-2023, 01:54 PM   #278
Asgard
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

This is a beautiful metallic green.
I didn't know this existed and I don't have any colors from createx yet. I have to take a look right away.

I constantly struggle with the airbrush. Sometimes it works so well and sometimes it doesn't
Asgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2023, 02:12 PM   #279
GaryTonge
Kingpin

Wow! Fantastic conversion. Incredible work on this piece!
GaryTonge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2023, 02:40 PM   #280
qz33
Doctor Doom

It looks like a retail ready statue.
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote