Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Books, Literature & News

Old 05-12-2006, 01:39 PM   #11
mwf6171
internet forum tough guy

Location: Gore/Aussie Land!!! well Kansas City, MO actually..
Not a fan of computer colored pieces.
mwf6171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 02:17 PM   #12
HFA
U talkin' to me?

Unfortunately that's what a lot of these guys do...even guys like Adam Hughes. I wish he would paint more! I've seen the results before and they're very good!
HFA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 02:23 PM   #13
perfusin
The Spirit

Any pic's of the others? Particularily Supes and Batman. Are they still available? Thanks!!
perfusin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 02:34 PM   #14
HFA
U talkin' to me?

They are all still available. I'll try to post pics later....the Suydam Batman pic is in the Suydam thread someone started a week or so ago.
Old 05-12-2006, 09:18 PM   #15
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

This does not look nice at all. Wizard pull out poster at most.
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 09:21 PM   #16
Sam Wilson
Samurai Vato

james,

hate to say it, but I would honestly much rather pay bigger $$ for a higher end WW piece by Adam Hughes (or my dream piece, a gicless of the black widow by adam Hughes). I'm sure something like that will come down soon enough.

Of course this is a great way for people to get cool lithos of their favorite characters for a decent price, not everyone can dish for the good stuff.

But still, I'm definately one of those who would rather spend the $$ on something than settle for something that is cool, but not quite the home run I'm looking for.
Sam Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 02:27 AM   #17
HFA
U talkin' to me?

That all makes sense, Sam!

I don't know if Clampett will EVER do anything with Adam Hughes. I'm not sure what is going on with Upper Deck, either. I was told TODAY that they will be cooling it on the wall art for awhile, and working on dioramas, statues, etc.
Old 05-13-2006, 05:56 AM   #18
Immovable Blob
I'm writing an unauthorized autobiography.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Wilson
james,

hate to say it, but I would honestly much rather pay bigger $$ for a higher end WW piece by Adam Hughes (or my dream piece, a gicless of the black widow by adam Hughes). I'm sure something like that will come down soon enough.

Of course this is a great way for people to get cool lithos of their favorite characters for a decent price, not everyone can dish for the good stuff.

But still, I'm definately one of those who would rather spend the $$ on something than settle for something that is cool, but not quite the home run I'm looking for.
Very good advice. Why compromise when you can save a little more ready for what it is you really want. If anyone wants the email address for private commission for Deodato or (hopefully soon) Ed Benes PM me. I warn you it won't be cheap.
I dare say others will have addresses for other artists so it may be worth starting a new thread. What do you think?
Immovable Blob is offline   Reply With Quote