Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 01-19-2006, 02:20 PM   #21
madjazz
Defender of The Defenders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Coca
Paolo is a great guy.Meet him in person at WW Boston.Also got a sketch from him too.
Yeah, we had fun at that convention.

He also sculpted the Mystique bust for Dynamic Forces (he signed the one I picked up at the convention) and is currently illustrating the Mythos: X-Men series for Marvel.
madjazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 05:08 PM   #22
ravageur
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetragrammaton
You know a Red Sonja statue of this type should have been a real easy sell for me.

After giving it some thought and a close-up inspection, I ended up passing on it.

The statue from Dynamite Entertainment just didn't have anything to it that really grabbed my attention and made me want to buy it other than the choice of character.

The sculpt was nice, overall, but seemed "unpolished". The face was not particularly attractive and the area on her leg near the dagger sheath seemed indented and uneven. The paint was for the most part unimpressive. The silver parts did not really stand out and her dark orange hair color just wasn't what I would have liked. The base was the best part of the piece for me. Nicely detailed. Also I would estimate the height of the figure to be about 8 inches from foot to head. Rather smallish. In the end, if it had been substantially less than $260.00 CAD, I may have picked it up, just for the sake of owning it but as it was, I could not justify the purchase.

If you really like the character, you could do worse than this. It is a very limited statue with only 350 units. But it does not compare to the HH Red Sonja already out there IMO.
yes, i agree with you, HH Red Sonja and the others (Conan, Snake Pit and Krull) are perfect and i love them.
But for a fantasy fan like me, it would be difficult to miss Dynamic Forces Sonja especially with limited tirage of 350.
It could be difficult to find one later or perhaps more expensive.
ravageur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 06:29 PM   #23
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by madjazz
Yeah, we had fun at that convention.

He also sculpted the Mystique bust for Dynamic Forces (he signed the one I picked up at the convention) and is currently illustrating the Mythos: X-Men series for Marvel.
I have that bust. Best representation of Mystique bar none. It was a pity about the paint work. I have #417 of 525
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 06:36 PM   #24
madjazz
Defender of The Defenders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye
I have that bust. Best representation of Mystique bar none. It was a pity about the paint work. I have #417 of 525
Tony Coca pointed out the two-toned blue. I agree that the paint could be better, but if you are standing an arm's length away, it isn't all that noticable. I was going to post my number, but I just realized I never added it to my list. I'll have to fix that when I get home. (edit - #498 of 525)

Last edited by madjazz; 01-20-2006 at 04:37 PM. Reason: add #
madjazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 04:24 PM   #25
Rogue
I wear the pants around here
Producer

Gorgeous Statue!
Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 02:27 AM   #26
Bokasmo66
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

This is my first post here on the forums. Gotta say I luv people's pics of their collections, and this has been a great news source of late for me.

Anyways, I've been onto this statue since seeing pre-orders for it awhile back. I too, didn't want to order it, although some ebayers had it for $149 + shipping ($12) for a good while. It was listed w/ a 1000 piece run.

I just won an auction for this for $160 shipped to my door. What made me go after and win it was the extremely limited 350 piece #'d run...

Should be a nice piece to my collection.
Bokasmo66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 06:44 PM   #27
msw313
Death is hereditary.

Nice looking piece, but a lot smaller than I was expecting for that price.

I guess almost anything would have looked small next to the HH Sonja!
msw313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 11:57 AM   #28
HardHeroine
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Hi!

Didn't get the point clearly ...

... is it a limitation to 350 (according to some sellers) or 1000 (according to other sellers / dynamicforces.com) ??

Never saw the bottom of the base on a photo where the number is shown. Or is it even an AP edition or something?

Could someone help me out?

Thank you!

edit:

*narf*
there is another thread, used the search and only found this one so forget my questions

The HH Sonja rules anyway
HardHeroine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 05:07 PM   #29
Tetragrammaton
The Flash

It was released with a run of only 350 (they are numbered /350) but the original production run was supposed to be 1000.
Tetragrammaton is offline   Reply With Quote