Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 03-15-2006, 07:22 AM   #11
bane
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateNate
Just won a pre-sale Hartigan for 44 Bucks shipped (unbelievable). He will look smokin' across the Sin City Library from Marv. Just need that Marv Bust to anchor the display in the middle. It's gettin pretty competitive out there for that one.

Watch out with pre-orders !! looks to good to be true , it might be to good to be true
bane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 09:50 AM   #12
TK-421
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Just won a pre-sale Hartigan for 44 Bucks shipped (unbelievable). He will look smokin' across the Sin City Library from Marv. Just need that Marv Bust to anchor the display in the middle. It's gettin pretty competitive out there for that one.

Hope that works out for you, but there are allot of pre-sale horror stories. Watch yourself.
TK-421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 10:46 AM   #13
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:

$27 ($44 with shipping) for a $200 statue that won't be released before late November/Early December strikes me as a very risky preorder purchase as well... I mean, the seller stands to lose around $100 on this sale as Diamond only offers 35%-40% discounts on DST statues so it will cost the seller around $120-$130 plus taxes to buy this statue themselves before they can turn around and sell it to you for $27 minus the ebay fees. Just think about that for a second.

Ask the seller if it would be okay for you to pay when the item comes out because 8 to 9 months is a long wait.

These types of 'too good to be true' preorders make my skin crawl. Be careful out there. Feedbacks have a 90 day limit. PayPal complaints have 60 day limits (I think). Credit cards also have limits but I forget how long. All this to say that by the time this statue comes out, at least 250 days will have past.
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 12:14 AM   #14
UltimateNate
Frackin!

Well, with 488 feedbacks and many of them on statues and comics, chances are you guys, the same ones who are telling me to watch out, have bought from him and left good feedback! Hehe. I bet if you guys look at the Ebay names you probably recognize them from this forum! Hell he is most likely a member of the forum.
But yeah obviously 27 bucks on a 200 dollar statue, a shrewd businessman would probably back out of a loss like that somehow.
UltimateNate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 12:20 AM   #15
UltimateNate
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar
$27 ($44 with shipping) for a $200 statue that won't be released before late November/Early December strikes me as a very risky preorder purchase as well... I mean, the seller stands to lose around $100 on this sale as Diamond only offers 35%-40% discounts on DST statues so it will cost the seller around $120-$130 plus taxes to buy this statue themselves before they can turn around and sell it to you for $27 minus the ebay fees. Just think about that for a second.

Ask the seller if it would be okay for you to pay when the item comes out because 8 to 9 months is a long wait.

These types of 'too good to be true' preorders make my skin crawl. Be careful out there. Feedbacks have a 90 day limit. PayPal complaints have 60 day limits (I think). Credit cards also have limits but I forget how long. All this to say that by the time this statue comes out, at least 250 days will have past.

Diamond is the same as Dynamic Forces?
UltimateNate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 01:38 AM   #16
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:
Diamond is the same as Dynamic Forces?

Diamond is a distribution company where Comic shops may purchase Dynamic Forces products.

As for your comments about the sellers positive feedback... It's kind of a moot point since you can't leave feedback after 90 days. Your statue won't come out for another 250 days so even if things go wrong (or right), it's not like you could any type of feedback.

Anyway... Good luck on this. I hope you get it! It's a great deal!
All we're saying here is that we've heard of many pre-order deals on eBay ending badly.

P.S. Ask the seller if you could pay when the item comes out. It's not like your $27 is going towards paying for the piece at this point.
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 10:48 AM   #17
Sniper
Objectivo Bastardo

I order one, great statue and one great book !!!!
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote