Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 03-13-2006, 06:08 PM   #1
Elessar
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Post What If You Suspect A Seller On eBay Is A Scammer...

Just like what the title says guys. What if you suspect someone on eBay is a scammer? I came across this seller's auction about 2 weeks ago. He was selling a Bowen Designs statue for a reasonable buy it now price. Usually the statue fetches US$40-50 more on eBay. I was hesitant to bid on it as the seller had 0 feedback rating.

Recently, I came across another of his auction, for a BD statue again, which is currently ongoing. This time the seller's feedback rating has increased but it is all for items bought off eBay and not sold. I checked the items he sold on eBay and most of them are for BD statues which usually fetch US$200 and above. Do you guys think the seller is a scammer?

The winning bidders for 2 of his BD statues that ended on the 27 of Feb 2006 have not left feedback. I find this rather strange as the bidders are both in USA where the seller is from. Also, in his auction he states he will ship the statue via USPS Priority Mail and correct me if I'm wrong but it usually takes 2-3 days to reach the receiver if sent via that method. Right?

I know it's possible the winning bidders have not gotten the chance to leave feedback for the seller but something just doesn't seem right to me. The seller has listed a few other BD statues in March, again with buy it now prices. All of them have sold and might I add they are for statues that fetch a premium.

What do you guys think? Should I email the sellers? Should I contact eBay? Should I monitor him for another week?
Elessar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 06:47 PM   #2
lockford88
The Riddler

just my advice.....don't alert ebay...you have no grounds to...also, i sell hundreds of items a month on ebay...out of that hundred...MAYBE 10 leave feedback so i would not worry...if you are concerned, pay with your credit card through paypal...if ya get scammed, do a chargeback on your card....good luck...
lockford88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 07:26 PM   #3
cap70
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Well, like you said yourself, you "suspect". So there's nothing concrete about the seller beeing a scammer. He/she may be a good person after all. If you have your doubts, then don't buy from this seller, simple. Contacting ebay cause you "think" the seller it's a scammer, without any real proof, isn't the right thing to do, IMO.
cap70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 07:48 PM   #4
ftrez
Nightwing

My advice: Don't buy from him & move on.
ftrez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 07:51 PM   #5
Doc Sonic
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ftrez
My advice: Don't buy from him & move on.
Good advice.

Leave him alone for now. Keep an eye on his auctions and if he builds a good history then you can deal with him.
Doc Sonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 09:35 PM   #6
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Sonic
Good advice.

Leave him alone for now. Keep an eye on his auctions and if he builds a good history then you can deal with him.
yeah boyeeee ... what Sonic says ... bottom line, if you don't feel comfortable, don't risk your money
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 10:06 PM   #7
Who's who
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Contact the buyers and see what they have to say.
Who's who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 10:07 PM   #8
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

I would say a good 2 out of 5 people never leave feedback on ebay.
Old 03-14-2006, 09:17 PM   #9
money3
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

if you suspect him, dont bother
money3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 03:22 PM   #10
Elessar
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Exclamation

trust me guys, I won't be bidding on any of his auctions. I just hate the fact that there are people on eBay scamming genuine bidders. I'll monitor him for the next week or so and I may contact his past winning bidders to check if they have received their statues. If I have enough evidence, I may contact eBay or urge the winning bidders to do so. I know it's none of my business but just hate the thought of people cheating others.
Elessar is offline   Reply With Quote