Alpha Flight

This is sickening.
toe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 08:05 PM   #32
Tetragrammaton
The Flash

Lee Rigby
July 1987 - May 2013

"It is with great sadness that the Ministry of Defence must confirm that the soldier killed in yesterday's incident in Woolwich, South East London, was Drummer Lee Rigby of 2nd Battalion The Royal Regiment of Fusiliers (attached to the Regimental Recruiting Team in London.

Drummer Lee Rigby or ‘Riggers’ to his friends was born in July 1987 in Crumpsall, Manchester. He joined the Army in 2006 and on successful completion of his infantry training course at Infantry Training Centre Catterick was selected to be a member of the Corps of Drums and posted to 2nd Battalion The Royal Regiment of Fusiliers (also known as the ‘Second Fusiliers’ or ‘2 RRF’).

His first posting was as a machine gunner in Cyprus where the battalion was serving as the resident infantry battalion in Dhekelia. Having performed a plethora of tasks while in Cyprus, he returned to the UK in the early part of 2008 to Hounslow, West London. Here, Drummer Rigby stood proudly outside the royal palaces as part of the battalion’s public duties commitment. He was an integral member of the Corps of Drums throughout the battalion’s time on public duties, the highlight of which was being a part of the Household Division’s Beating Retreat – a real honour for a line infantry Corps of Drums.

In April 2009, Drummer Rigby deployed on operations for the first time to Helmand province, Afghanistan, where he served as a member of the Fire Support Group at Patrol Base Woqab. On returning to the UK he completed a second tour of public duties and then moved with the battalion to Celle, Germany, to be held at a state of high readiness for contingency operations as part of the Small Scale Contingency Battle Group.

In 2011, Drummer Rigby took up a recruiting post in London where he also assisted with duties at the regimental headquarters in the Tower of London.

An extremely popular and witty soldier, Drummer Rigby was a larger than life personality within the Corps of Drums and was well known, liked and respected across the Second Fusiliers. He was a passionate and lifelong Manchester United fan.

A loving father to his son Jack, aged 2 years, he will be sorely missed by all who knew him. The regiment’s thoughts and prayers are with his family during this extremely difficult time. ‘Once a Fusilier, always a Fusilier’"

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/d...lwich-incident
Tetragrammaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 08:39 PM   #33
ratchet
Mandarin

Quote:
Originally Posted by toe View Post
This is sickening.
Agreed... I am at a loss for any other words
ratchet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 09:26 AM   #34
JM28Cardiff
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

This was being re-posted around Facebook, interesting viewpoint:

"A German's View on Islam - worth reading. This is by far the best explanation of the Muslim terrorist situation I have ever read. His references to past history are accurate and clear. Not long, easy to understand, and well worth the read. The author of this email is Dr. Emanuel Tanya, a well-known and well-respected psychiatrist.

A man, whose family was German aristocracy prior to World War II, owned a number of large industries and estates. When asked how many German people were true Nazis, the answer he gave can guide our attitude toward fanaticism.

'Very few people were true Nazis,' he said, 'but many enjoyed the return of German pride, and many more were too busy to care. I was one of those who just thought the Nazis were a bunch of fools. So, the majority just sat back and let it all happen. Then, before we knew it, they owned us, and we had lost control, and the end of the world had come.

My family lost everything. I ended up in a concentration camp and the Allies destroyed my factories.'

We are told again and again by 'experts' and 'talking heads' that Islam is the religion of peace and that the vast majority of Muslims just want to live in peace. Although this unqualified assertion may be true, it is entirely irrelevant. It is meaningless fluff, meant to make us feel better, and meant to somehow diminish the spectre of fanatics rampaging across the globe in the name of Islam.

The fact is that the fanatics rule Islam at this moment in history. It is the fanatics who march. It is the fanatics who wage any one of 50 shooting wars worldwide. It is the fanatics who systematically slaughter Christian or tribal groups throughout Africa and are gradually taking over the entire continent in an Islamic wave. It is the fanatics who bomb, behead, murder, or honour-kill. It is the fanatics who take over mosque after mosque. It is the fanatics who zealously spread the stoning and hanging of rape victims and homosexuals. It is the fanatics who teach their young to kill and to become suicide bombers.

The hard, quantifiable fact is that the peaceful majority, the 'silent majority,' is cowed and extraneous. Communist Russia was comprised of Russians who just wanted to live in peace, yet the Russian Communists were responsible for the murder of about 20 million people. The peaceful majority were irrelevant. China's huge population was peaceful as well, but Chinese Communists managed to kill a staggering 70 million people..

The average Japanese individual prior to World War II was not a warmongering sadist. Yet, Japan murdered and slaughtered its way across South East Asia in an orgy of killing that included the systematic murder of 12 million Chinese civilians; most killed by sword, shovel, and bayonet. And who can forget Rwanda, which collapsed into butchery. Could it not be said that the majority of Rwandans were 'peace loving'?

History lessons are often incredibly simple and blunt, yet for all our powers of reason, we often miss the most basic and uncomplicated of points: peace-loving Muslims have been made irrelevant by their silence. Peace-loving Muslims will become our enemy if they don't speak up, because like my friend from Germany, they will awaken one day and find that the fanatics own them, and the end of their world will have begun.

Peace-loving Germans, Japanese, Chinese, Russians, Rwandans, Serbs, Afghans, Iraqis, Palestinians, Somalis, Nigerians, Algerians, and many others have died because the peaceful majority did not speak up until it was too late.

Now Islamic prayers have been introduced into Toronto and other public schools in Ontario, and, yes, in Ottawa too while the Lord's Prayer was removed (due to being so offensive?) The Islamic way may be peaceful for the time being in our country until the fanatics move in.

In Australia, and indeed in many countries around the world, many of the most commonly consumed food items have the halal emblem on them. Just look at the back of some of the most popular chocolate bars, and at other food items in your local supermarket. Food on aircraft have the halal emblem, just to appease the privileged minority who are now rapidly expanding within the nation’s shores.

In the U.K, the Muslim communities refuse to integrate and there are now dozens of “no-go” zones within major cities across the country that the police force dare not intrude upon. Sharia law prevails there, because the Muslim community in those areas refuse to acknowledge British law.

As for us who watch it all unfold, we must pay attention to the only group that counts -- the fanatics who threaten our way of life."
JM28Cardiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 12:35 PM   #35
dr_teng

Worth noting that that author is false, the article is not written by who it claims to be, it's a 2007 opinion piece. Once you (this doesn't mean you specifically, but the people who originally changed it) have to start falsifying who wrote an article to make it seem more legitimate, that doesn't do much for the credibility of the points involved.

A good part of it was modified from the original as well, especially the last few paragraphs, which are pretty blatantly false. It goes from being an opinion piece to the revisions that attempt to claim (false) facts about Muslim presence within countries.
Old 05-25-2013, 01:37 PM   #36
JM28Cardiff

I cut and pasted it in full, but yes it goes off at a tangent at the end, 3/4 of it seems to be one piece, with someone else adding their bit at the end (there are no such no go areas referred to in the UK).
Old 05-26-2013, 04:11 AM   #37
Vracula
Jedi Order

interesting view's from everyone, Although I dont support the rounding up of muslim's ,I think a steady and strong stance to block Islamic culture to infiltrate everyday life is a must.

I have lived in Mumbai most of my life and well aware of what these fundamentalist's are capable of,that goes for Hindu's as well.I see the NZ government turning a blind eye to the going on's of the muslim community as well,Girls being forced to marry their rapist's as they are pregnant from the act are just few of the atrocities I have heard first hand from social service workers in my friend's circle .There is nothing good about the religion it is a religion of subjugation and extremism, Christianity is not far behind either ,being a catholic through my early years I can understand the cult like following of religions.It's a scourge on this planet and our race.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 07:58 PM   #38
JM28Cardiff

A soldier was stabbed in the neck in Paris in what seems to be a copycat attack.
Old 05-29-2013, 08:47 AM   #39
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by JM28Cardiff View Post
Shocking. Unconfirmed reports are that he was a serving soldier, in a Help for Heroes T shirt, attacked by people of "Muslim appearance".

Ive never heard of a Buddhist Terrorist. Ive never heard of a Greek Orthodox terrorist. People in the Arab world may think the UK and US being in Iraq or Afghanistan is a kind of terrorism, or what the Israelis do is terrorism, we can debate that perhaps. But when are we going to stop being so liberal, PC and hands off in approach, and admit there is a real problem with Islam?

Its time to set up internment camps and round up all Muslims. Maybe thats a thread killing comment right there, and it is a bit over the top I admit, but this is a shocking story. Its one thing to be blown up by an IED in a country you are occupying, quite another to be hacked to death on the streets of London while collecting for charity.
I can very much appreciate your frustration and anger but the internment camp comment is beyond extreme. How does rounding up "ALL" Muslims make us any better than the extremists that carried this out? Where does it stop, are you going to be the one to sort out where we put the children during sorting and which ones go straight to the gas chamber?

I do agree that we have to stop tip toeing around the issues surrounding religious extremists and start limiting "religious freedom" in our western countries. Canada is just as guilty, if not far more so, for taking a limp wrist-ed approach when dealing with such issues.

(FTR I am neither Muslim or Jewish)
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 01:44 PM   #40
JM28Cardiff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matches Malone View Post
I can very much appreciate your frustration and anger but the internment camp comment is beyond extreme. How does rounding up "ALL" Muslims make us any better than the extremists that carried this out? Where does it stop, are you going to be the one to sort out where we put the children during sorting and which ones go straight to the gas chamber?
I never said anything about killing anyone! But yeah, it was a heat of the moment comment, not a serious, deeply held view.

One thing I dont understand about extremists and hate preachers and the like, if the West is so corrupt and morally lax, why don't they bugger off to Saudi or somewhere similar?