Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 04-10-2021, 10:50 AM   #161
tarim69
Sailor Moon

Grail piece if your a fan of the movie or actress.

Hopefully this company will do something I cant say no to one day.
tarim69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 12:36 PM   #162
chronos1919
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec Fiction View Post
Just to be transparent. We don’t choose the pricing. JND sets the pricing for our region (North Anerica) and that is 2350 shipped or 2250 + shipping. We have to adhere to their pricing guidelines. Hope this clears up the pricing confusion
Good to know. I had just assumed that you were charging an extra $350 to cover import fees and shipping since it's all included. I wasn't balking at your pricing, specifically. $2,350 is just a large sum of money regardless in this quickly escalating hobby.

I would prefer to pay the extra $350 up front though and not have to worry about import fees, taxes, and shipping down the road.
chronos1919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 12:38 PM   #163
chronos1919
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
you're like a roller coaster.....but, great to see you joining the ranks of elite (soon to be poor) high end collectors
Not so much a roller coaster... more of a straight escalation.

Action figures -> Hot Toys -> Premium Format statues -> Prime 1 -> JND Studios. I've started looking at Infinity Studios busts as well but think I'll stick with JND for the time being.
chronos1919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 01:13 PM   #164
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exorcist View Post
Fully agreed and very recognizable

Reason for me to quit Hot Toys and fully go over to statues is because most of them always seem to deteriorate over time. I really hope this will not be the case with JND collectibles. Or else it will be back to square one for me....
I mainly collect statues, but I’ve still got about 70-80 figures in my collection, and I’ve yet to have a single figure experience any sort of deterioration that wasn’t my own fault.
Phoenixblazes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 01:29 PM   #165
Exorcist
The X-Men

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
I mainly collect statues, but I’ve still got about 70-80 figures in my collection, and I’ve yet to have a single figure experience any sort of deterioration that wasn’t my own fault.
Lets look at one of the most well known 1/6 scale collectors in the world, Dean Knight for instance. He is very careful with his collectibles, he lives in the UK so the temperature is ok, and he is also facing deterioration on some of his figures.

Of course there are always special situations that hold a perfect clean record, and I am very happy to read that you are one of them

I am just hoping that the silicone material and the pleather of JND Studios will hold up and stand the test of time
Exorcist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 01:40 PM   #166
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Lets look at one of the most well known 1/6 scale collectors in the world, Dean Knight for instance. He is very careful with his collectibles, he lives in the UK so the temperature is ok, and he is also facing deterioration on some of his figures.

Of course there are always special situations that hold a perfect clean record, and I am very happy to read that you are one of them

I am just hoping that the silicone material and the pleather of JND Studios will hold up and stand the test of time
All of his figures are out in the open. I’ve got mine behind glass with no ‘apparent’ gaps, as I usually seal all my cabinets as best as I can.

And I plan to do the same with any future silicone statues that I buy.... though my current Thanos and Hulk busts are not
Phoenixblazes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 03:56 PM   #167
Jiggatron69
The X-Men

drats. Ill probably have to wait till next friday to order as one of my yolo limit buys executed and hoovered up all my cash in one go.

As far as displays go, i used to buy those Pulaski Chocolate Cherry Slider sealed display cabinets as they were excellent quality. However, the design changed and now its nowhere near what they used to be. Probably need to invest in custom display cases but ill get around to that later.
Jiggatron69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 04:49 PM   #168
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
I am just hoping that the silicone material and the pleather of JND Studios
I don't think this cat suit is material, I think it's fully sculpted. one less thing to worry about.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 04:55 PM   #169
Exorcist
The X-Men

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
All of his figures are out in the open. I’ve got mine behind glass with no ‘apparent’ gaps, as I usually seal all my cabinets as best as I can.

And I plan to do the same with any future silicone statues that I buy.... though my current Thanos and Hulk busts are not
Cool! Now go safe that Thanos and Hulk!
Old 04-10-2021, 04:56 PM   #170
Exorcist
The X-Men

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
I don't think this cat suit is material, I think it's fully sculpted. one less thing to worry about.
That would be great, is there an official confirmation for this?