Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Hot Toys

Old 01-19-2012, 04:48 AM   #21
Leckske
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

This HT relaunch stuff is getting insane. SOOOO glad I didn't invest in this piece.
Leckske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 04:54 AM   #22
jye318
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leckske View Post
This HT relaunch stuff is getting insane. SOOOO glad I didn't invest in this piece.
Its just not fair for the people who pay high price for it, most of the growing figure has been re-release.
jye318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 05:13 AM   #23
Titanchuck
Cyclops
Adamantium Member

Hope this comes up for preorder later today
Titanchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 07:21 AM   #24
robomorph
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jye318 View Post
Its just not fair for the people who pay high price for it, most of the growing figure has been re-release.
But that's the fault of people who charge far too much on the secondary market and those who pay the crazy money they ask.

These things aren't numbered statues but mass produced toys. The lesson with Hot Toys is not to pay high prices, because if they think there's still a market for an item they'll reissue it!
robomorph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 09:18 AM   #25
biglebowski9999
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jye318 View Post

Yes, I feel so bad for people not smart enough or patient enough to wait for the eventual re-release that everybody knew would come.

biglebowski9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 09:20 AM   #26
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Sux for people who thought that they had a sought after collectible though. I don't have this but I do have the Bat-Pod, which I know will be relaunched any day.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 10:16 AM   #27
bigsilva77
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I looked out: I just sold my tumbler and Batpod for $2k 2 months ago when I heard they were going to re-launch them from a buddy of mine in the industry. I'll definently buy both.
bigsilva77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 12:44 PM   #28
Titanchuck
Cyclops
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by robomorph View Post
But that's the fault of people who charge far too much on the secondary market and those who pay the crazy money they ask.

These things aren't numbered statues but mass produced toys. The lesson with Hot Toys is not to pay high prices, because if they think there's still a market for an item they'll reissue it!
Since I just started collecting hot toys thats valuable lesson learned , I don't mine a re-release as long as I didn't pay a fortune for something, so since I have a good starting point In my collection my new rule is never pay over retail, But for some reason I still think the reissue and relaunch thing will not always be done ,I could be wrong though all I know is it bugged me to death not having a Mark I and bat tumbler in my collection because the prices were stupid on the secondary market..Outstanding year for HT collectors and a curse for others
Titanchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 01:18 PM   #29
Fremen
Birds of Prey

Quote:
Originally Posted by biglebowski9999 View Post
Yes, I feel so bad for people not smart enough or patient enough to wait for the eventual re-release that everybody knew would come.

I don't agree with this. Back in the day when the Trumbler was released, they weren't re-releasing stuff like they are today so people thought if they wanted it they had to pay ebay prices.

If you went on ebay and bought one in the last few months then maybe not so smart.

This is why I haven't got Capt America yet. I see what Hot Toys is doing.
Release one version, don't release it with the unmasked head sculpt. Everyone will buy it.

Release the next version with the unmasked and masked head sculpt and cool base, everyone will buy it.
Fremen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 01:46 PM   #30
testsubject25
Birds of Prey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fremen View Post
I don't agree with this. Back in the day when the Trumbler was released, they weren't re-releasing stuff like they are today so people thought if they wanted it they had to pay ebay prices.

If you went on ebay and bought one in the last few months then maybe not so smart.

This is why I haven't got Capt America yet. I see what Hot Toys is doing.
Release one version, don't release it with the unmasked head sculpt. Everyone will buy it.

Release the next version with the unmasked and masked head sculpt and cool base, everyone will buy it.

See though, I think that anybody who paid a ton for the Tumbler probably has done their research. The same research should have indicated that another Tumbler was coming. I'm not slighting the people who paid 1300+ for one, but I'm willing to bet a lot of those people saw the writing on the wall and unloaded it recently with all the TDKR buzz and Batman vehicle announcements. HT all but confirmed it, but that's just my take. They are good with the wink and nudge, almost as if to say, "you'd better sell that!" lol
testsubject25 is offline   Reply With Quote