Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 11-06-2020, 01:37 PM   #501
generalzodlives
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

True. And it seems like most comic book characters with red hair have green eyes. DC may just be switching her eyes to green to go with the flow. I suppose people could get Archer transfers to switch her eyes to green. It's surprisingly easy to do. I did it with the first Sideshow Catwoman PF because they made her eyes blue instead of green.
generalzodlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2020, 02:00 PM   #502
saberhagen
What's another word for Thesaurus?

It seems awfully late to make a full switch now, decades later.

Red/green make for a good look, for sure. Real world likelihood is red hair/brown eyes, but that's too boring for comics.
saberhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2020, 02:04 PM   #503
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Tweeterhead Batgirl #233/250. I absolutely love this statue. Another home run for Tweeterhead. I have a ton of things boxed up right now so was only able to get a comparison pic with the TH Batman 66 Batgirl. We are on the cusp of either moving (If she finds the right house) or doing custom shelving (if we stay put). Not sure yet which way we will go so for now most everything but a few favorites are boxed up.

I took pictures of the switchouts I am going to display her with. I was going to take pictures of the other hand and belt buckle but several others have already.

jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2020, 02:13 PM   #504
saberhagen
What's another word for Thesaurus?

These companion piece shots are the best part. Thanks!
saberhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2020, 02:18 PM   #505
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydmc View Post
Tweeterhead Batgirl #233/250. I absolutely love this statue. Another home run for Tweeterhead. I have a ton of things boxed up right now so was only able to get a comparison pic with the TH Batman 66 Batgirl. We are on the cusp of either moving (If she finds the right house) or doing custom shelving (if we stay put). Not sure yet which way we will go so for now most everything but a few favorites are boxed up.

I took pictures of the switchouts I am going to display her with. I was going to take pictures of the other hand and belt buckle but several others have already.

Gorgeous and I always love that built in contraption on your wall
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2020, 02:30 PM   #506
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by grphyx1 View Post
Gorgeous and I always love that built in contraption on your wall
The intercom system is awesome looking. I have thought about taking it out and getting the radio to work. It has vacuum tubes on it and not quite sure where to even start. I am actually worried if we sell the house the next person might take it out. It's been there since the late 50s when the house was built. It caught my eye immediately when we first looked at the house. It reminds me of some of the gadgets in the Batman 66 Batcave. There are other intercom panels in the house but they are all boring looking and silver, or painted over.

I can just imagine it in the Wayne Manor....would fit right in.

jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2020, 02:44 PM   #507
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote:
The intercom system is awesome looking. I have thought about taking it out and getting the radio to work. It has vacuum tubes on it and not quite sure where to even start. I am actually worried if we sell the house the next person might take it out. It's been there since the late 50s when the house was built. It caught my eye immediately when we first looked at the house. It reminds me of some of the gadgets in the Batman 66 Batcave. There are other intercom panels in the house but they are all boring looking and silver, or painted over.

it absolutely has the appearance of something in Wayne manor from the bats series. Love it and you're probably right, another person will rip it out.
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2020, 04:41 PM   #508
Karnis
Blue Falcon

Quote:
She looks great! Thanks for sharing the great pics. Mine arrives on Monday, floor work scheduled for Friday, man cave back up on Saturday, properly displayed by Sunday!
Karnis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2020, 07:39 PM   #509
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:

I'd take it out of the wall and keep it if you sell...hang a poster or something over the hole. Say it's key to the structural integrity and not to touch it.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2020, 08:02 PM   #510
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Well I got Batgirl today and I could not like it anymore. It is a perfect Batgirl statue and she does look like she stepped right off the comic book pages.

I did have one issue and that was getting her into the base. The statue I got did not slide in easily. I had to sit it on a table and wiggle it in and it still did not go in the whole way. Now the statue is secure but about 1/3 of the piece underneath the boot that has the post on it did not go in the whole way. It is not noticeable at all and does not detract in any way when displaying the statue but out of the 7 SuperPowers statues that I own 3 had that problem with me (Catwoman, Robin and Batgirl). I know some people said they had an issue with Batman but mine was fine. I know that this can happen but I do not know if this is par for the course or is there a Quality Control issue happening.

Well, I still love this statue and another fantastic job by Tweeterhead.
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote