Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 11-28-2011, 04:12 AM   #1001
Reme Lebeau
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!
Adamantium Member

This episode rocked! i can't wait until February!
Reme Lebeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 04:22 AM   #1002
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Wow what a powerful episode. Got a bit choked up myself at the end there even though I had a feeling what was coming as soon as they opened the barn.

Overall the first half of season 2 has been far more reserved compared to season 1. Shifting to a more isolated setting with realistic tension between the survivors as opposed to the action based urban infestation has allowed for some amazing character development. While this change of pace may not be popular with everyone I have no problem with it as the quality of writing hasn't suffered in the slightest. I'm even more invested in these characters now. I do think its time the group moves on and abandons the farm though once the second half of season 2 picks up as all of the plot devices there seem to have played out now.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 09:11 AM   #1003
Ruby_Alexa

Great episode and an amazing yet heartbreaking way to end the "mid-season" finale.

If Sophie survived, then there has to be some serious explaining as to how she managed to survive in the wilderness by herself. Also, Herschel has some explaining to do and how he found her and placed her inside the barn. That would probably be explained in the next episode in February.

I think the second season will end with the appearance of Michonne (I hope!).
Old 11-28-2011, 09:47 AM   #1004
Fanboy
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby_Alexa View Post
If Sophie survived, then there has to be some serious explaining as to how she managed to survive in the wilderness by herself. Also, Herschel has some explaining to do and how he found her and placed her inside the barn. That would probably be explained in the next episode in February.
I think it was already explained. Hershel said that Otis was responsible for putting any walkers he found in the barn. He must have put Sophia in the barn and Shane killed him before everyone else arrived and they started discussing sending out search parties.
Fanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 10:08 AM   #1005
Darth Pain
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

I love this show! I dont usually follow tv shows but this one has me captivated.
Darth Pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 10:11 AM   #1006
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Awesome, awesome episode!! This show rocks!
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 10:17 AM   #1007
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

I think what would have made it even more powerful would have been if Carl had shot Sophia.
Old 11-28-2011, 10:19 AM   #1008
Ruby_Alexa

I also wanted to add that when Shane went ape$#!+, I thought he was going to get shot right there.

@Fanboy - Comment noted. In the back of my mind, I was hoping that she would be alive yet after several episodes of the failed searches, I think her fate was sealed when she escaped.
Old 11-28-2011, 10:54 AM   #1009
Mean Green
Fantomah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanboy View Post
I think it was already explained. Hershel said that Otis was responsible for putting any walkers he found in the barn. He must have put Sophia in the barn and Shane killed him before everyone else arrived and they started discussing sending out search parties.
Yeah, the producers confirmed this on The Talking Dead. It's really Shane's fault that they've been wasting their time searching for Sophia this whole time.

Anyone else watch that? I caught it for the first time yesterday and thought it was pretty great. Norman Reedus (Daryl) was a guest too - cool guy.
Mean Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 11:07 AM   #1010
Ruby_Alexa

Honestly, I don't watch the Talking Dead. I flip the channel just to watch the rest of the Sunday night NFL game. Personally I see the talk show as AMC going over their heads with the popularity of the Walking Dead. I seriously hope that it can keep the momentum going and not crash and burn.

I love the TV show but I don't need to watch the talk show.