Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 03-12-2024, 09:21 PM   #21
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
This is an Infinity Saga piece, though, right?
Yeah, so possibly everything from Iron Man 1 all the way to Endgame. But that’s just the general license given out nowadays. I think I’ve seen that given out to others too.
Phoenixblazes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2024, 10:04 PM   #22
azurepred
Zot

Damn, just when I thought I was out of movie Marvel pieces, they reel me back in. I hope this is Avengers 1 Hulk. I can’t believe this is going to be silicone. If JND released this piece, it would be $4-5k. I hope QS can knock this line out of the park. Thor and SW are great upcoming choices for this line.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2024, 10:37 PM   #23
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Given that the Mark 7 was priced at $1,935/$2,085, what do we think this 1/3 Silicone Hulk will go for?

I honestly can’t think how they’re going to price them similar, especially given it’s physical size.
Old 03-13-2024, 12:57 AM   #24
azurepred
Zot

The old ECC 1/3 Resin Hulk was about $2800 a long ass time ago, but if they are saying it will be close to IM, I feel like even $2500 would be a damn amazing price with glass eyes. I don’t usually say a $2500 piece is amazingly priced, but going by history from other companies, that would be dope. I really hope they pull it off. JND needs more competition and this would be a hell of a start.
Old 03-13-2024, 03:57 AM   #25
Brandon
The X-Men

I can't imagine this being overly expensive, not in this current market. I bet it'll be in the 2.3k - 2.7k range.
Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2024, 04:58 AM   #26
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
I can't imagine this being overly expensive, not in this current market. I bet it'll be in the 2.3k - 2.7k range.
Fingers crossed.

As this is a 1/3 Hulk, I’m more than fine with that kind of price range, as it’s essentially a 1/2 scale statue. Heck because of it’s girth it’s bigger than a 1/2 scale.

But I’m still thinking it’ll be well north of that. Hope I’m wrong though.
Old 03-13-2024, 12:16 PM   #27
Hobbyist
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

It seems that prices of luxury statues are based not so much on the production cost but more on how much the manufacturers believe the collectors are willing and able to pay for them.

When it comes to price point size and scale may not be as critical a factor as we think it is for this type of products.
Hobbyist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2024, 12:34 PM   #28
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbyist View Post
It seems that prices of luxury statues are based not so much on the production cost but more on how much the manufacturers believe the collectors are willing and able to pay for them.

When it comes to price point size and scale may not be as critical a factor as we think it is for this type of products.
100%.

I mean, in a way it's obvious. For sure there is a definite cost to producing statues, and whatever they charge has to cover those costs....but, beyond that - the sky's the limit.

I think where your point gets more interesting (IMHO) is regarding the cost differential between producing the various scales and "formats" of statue - whether it's polystone, silicone, mixed media, or fully sculpted.

I'd be willing to bet, the difference in cost between those formats isn't as big as some pundits would have us believe.....that being said, I also believe it's fair to assume a significant jump between two statues where one is a 1/4 scale piece vs a 1/1 bust would result in significantly different production costs........but between 1/4, 1/3.....not so much.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2024, 06:37 PM   #29
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:

It very well might be. I’ve always heard that it’s the many different molds that cost the most money, and that painting 1 detailed statue probably doesn’t take much longer, if any, across different scale statues. Outside of the materials, storage and shipping are probably the greatest variables.

That said, most businesses price according to their main competitors. And to date, I’m not sure if any of the manufacturers have been willing to charge less due to market conditions; rather it’s that they have been charging even more, but just producing lower edition sizes.

It seems that the idea of pricing cheap, but at much greater volumes (the Sideshow of old) might not be the case anymore in what seems to be a ever smaller collector community.
Old 03-14-2024, 01:04 AM   #30
azurepred
Zot

Quote:

Idk, maybe. I don?t really see that happening. JND and Prime prices are still at all time highs and Prime 1/3 Predator prices have continued to climb even though you get less. I have seen prices come down across the board with custom statues...both pre order and aftermarket.