Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Giclees/Lithos/Prints/Posters

View Poll Results: What do you use for Mondo Drops?
Desktop / Laptop Computer 6 85.71%
Cell Phone 0 0%
Tablet / Other 1 14.29%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-01-2012, 11:29 PM   #21
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by FROBAY View Post
I like the idea of a 24 hr preorder that some artists are doing. I don't care how many are made as long as I cAn get mine. I think mondo could make a lot more cash with this kind of preorder not to mention a lot more happy campers.
I am with you 110%. Unfortunately based on my correspondence with Mondo and what I have seen online they have no interest in making everyone happy. The stance they seem to believe in is that it is desirable for fans to be shut out and then quest for a piece they want, pay the premium but then experience some sort karmic fulfillment

IIRC this video has a clip of Ishmael talking about this very dynamic
http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=124124
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 04:01 PM   #22
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matches Malone View Post
All assumptions on your part. Mondo has stated for a fact, and the results seen at events like SDCC that they hold portions, at times large ones, of an edition back. I was at SDCC last year and they had long sold out editions of things like the SW Bounty Hunters on sale. Interviews readily found on line also confirm this practice.

There is no law against limiting your supply of a product despite demand. Apple did (does) this for yeas with the initial iPods as did Nintendo with the Wii. Ferrari has also had this as a long standing practice, producing far less vehicles than it can actually sell. It is a FREE MARKET economy and last I checked posters did not fall under Federal distribution legislation like, lets say, milk.
I haven't followed Mondo enough to know about how they handled SDCC or previous posters. My first Mondo purchase was this year. Besides wasn't last year their first year at SDCC? They can keep a few posters for reference and display. Maybe even 10 to 20 for SDCC. But when they say edition of 390 for sale and if it turns out 290 go up that's a problem. Because people who want the poster to own are missing out and going to flippers or getting angry. But I hope Mondo isn't doing that.

Also, your example is of companies that make normal products not true limited products. I don't know about Apple's business practices. I still don't own an iPod. But Nintendo and other videogame companies always run short on launch systems. Eventually they meet demand. I highly doubt that Nintendo or any other console manufacturer would sell at premiums to an after market like people are assuming with Mondo.

Ferrari has a good feel about how many customers they have. Something Mondo either doesn't know or simply can't help because of their license terms. Ferrari wants their cars to be special. I love Luca di Montezemolo's saying about how Ferraris are like a beautiful woman, they are worth waiting for. You can get on a wait list and get a new Ferrari eventually. The only limited Ferraris are cars like the SA Aperta. Which I believe went to known customers first anyway. Also, Ferrari did something with the Enzo I believe to prevent flippers on that car.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote