Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 09-01-2023, 09:11 PM   #511
aadroban
Birdman

I'm most impressed by the sculpt on He-Man. Looks absolutely fantastic! Just imagine how this will look with Skeletor/Panthor squared up against him. I'll be very interested to see how other figures fit into this line . . whether it becomes a giant puzzle where everyone has a place like in the painting or what exactly.
aadroban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2023, 01:33 AM   #512
Dandoc
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
So I just saw this thing at powercon which is what pushed me over the edge into ordering but man even though I just saw this in person my first thought when I pulled the top layer of stulyrofoam off was ?f_ck this this is big? battlecat is HUGE, this is such an awesome piece. Im so happy tweeterhead made this, cant wait for skeletor and panthor

Regarding the weight - I would say the base is lighter than you would expect it to be just by looking at it. It feels like a thick fiberglass, not saying that?s what it is but thats just how it feels. Battlecat is most of the weight of this statue it feels pretty solid. Each back paw has a large key with a metal rod, one is probably the largest Ive seen on a statue. I think the engineering behind this is sound, Igo said they put a lot into that with this project

Paint is very clean, this is such an awesome representation of the art from the classic packaging. Battlecats tongue is nice and glossy which contrasts well with his fur and helmet. He-man is all business and again the paint is super clean. Paint on the base looks really good, subtle highlights and shading really bring it to life

Homerun from tweeterhead, Id say if this is something youre considering you wont be disappointed

Great picture!

That’s exactly how I felt, surprised by the size. One thing though, my cat has two large keys but only one key has the metal rod - yours has one in each key?

Edit - ignore me! I misremembered. One huge rod and one small ����
Dandoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2023, 07:36 PM   #513
qz33
Doctor Doom

The gold accents on Battlecat's saddle & mask do a lot to elevate this to look real and really make it deluxe.
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2023, 12:30 PM   #514
Darth Milo
Hydra

I don't know why I held off for so long but I placed my order yesterday.. it's going to be my first Tweeterhead/MOTU statue..
My plan is to display him next to the upcoming Skeletor and Panthor maquette.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	464427-skel.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	68.6 KB
ID:	164554  
Darth Milo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2023, 12:57 PM   #515
Iko Iko
Fantomah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milo View Post
I don't know why I held off for so long but I placed my order yesterday.. it's going to be my first Tweeterhead/MOTU statue..
My plan is to display him next to the upcoming Skeletor and Panthor maquette.
I ordered the He-Man piece as well and plan to do the same. This is my first Tweeterhead piece.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2023, 03:10 AM   #516
aadroban
Birdman

SS now showing Almost Sold Out instead of Low Stock Remaining on ordering page. Placed my order . . looking forward to this one!
aadroban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2023, 08:10 AM   #517
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I really hope Sold Out means Sold Out. That would be huge to TH because this piece is a labor of love and it's nice to see others love it too!
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2023, 04:33 PM   #518
Iko Iko
Fantomah

Got #180 out of 1000 in today. Overall, this is great! Here are a few iPhone pics. Even though this is 1/6 scale, it has a great presence. My first Tweeterhead piece and I can't wait to order the Skeletor/Panthor companion piece.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-8791.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	316.2 KB
ID:	164625   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-8792.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	265.9 KB
ID:	164626   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-8793.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	282.7 KB
ID:	164627  
Old 09-06-2023, 05:37 PM   #519
SONICobra
Batman

congrats brother, its such a rad piece. i always thought it was cool, knew that skeletor would be a possible order but man seeing this in person was just like "yeah, i need to make room for that". these will make such a great pair
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2023, 07:02 PM   #520
Iko Iko
Fantomah

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
congrats brother, its such a rad piece. i always thought it was cool, knew that skeletor would be a possible order but man seeing this in person was just like "yeah, i need to make room for that". these will make such a great pair
Thanks. I agree that seeing it in person helped push me towards ordering. I was able to gauge the size better. It has the size of a large 1/4 scale single figure piece.