Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 05-08-2022, 01:57 PM   #951
kikoken
Shadowhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryTonge View Post
Love it! That wallpaper is epic by the way!
HAHA Thanks its a bit nuts!
kikoken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2022, 05:42 AM   #952
wayne-m0
The Spirit

Ok so my Alien piece arrived yesterday. I was worried about damage so i already had my UK distributor check it before he sent it onto me. So thoughts on this piece. Well for one absolutely needs the backdrop. It looks like being in the Nostromo and the effects and colours are awesome. It would not be the same without it. Only worry was would the back piece fit into the base ok as its damned heavy. How one could wall mount this i do not know. The seperate head piece the base is very poorly designed we know as it doesnt want to stand upright and be stable. Poor design. Minor minor scuff on one area not really noticeable. Tail was a worry getting it to fit in without damage and sit on the base ok. Other than that easy. So overal colours awesome, awesome prescence the best Alien i have ever owned bar none. Damned heavy might go through the bedroom floor boards and BIG! and OMINOUS as hell. My advice is if you have room for it as its so large GET IT!!!! Superb.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8359.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	359.7 KB
ID:	149683   Click image for larger version

Name:	thumbnail_IMG_8360.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	282.0 KB
ID:	149684  
wayne-m0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2022, 10:04 AM   #953
FETTFAN
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne-m0 View Post
Ok so my Alien piece arrived yesterday. I was worried about damage so i already had my UK distributor check it before he sent it onto me. So thoughts on this piece. Well for one absolutely needs the backdrop. It looks like being in the Nostromo and the effects and colours are awesome. It would not be the same without it. Only worry was would the back piece fit into the base ok as its damned heavy. How one could wall mount this i do not know. The seperate head piece the base is very poorly designed we know as it doesnt want to stand upright and be stable. Poor design. Minor minor scuff on one area not really noticeable. Tail was a worry getting it to fit in without damage and sit on the base ok. Other than that easy. So overal colours awesome, awesome prescence the best Alien i have ever owned bar none. Damned heavy might go through the bedroom floor boards and BIG! and OMINOUS as hell. My advice is if you have room for it as its so large GET IT!!!! Superb.
Absolutely stunning. Which UK retailer did you purchase from?
FETTFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2022, 10:27 AM   #954
Liquid75
Shadowhawk

Quote:
Congrats.

What did you do to insert the tail?
Liquid75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2022, 12:20 PM   #955
wayne-m0
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by FETTFAN View Post
Absolutely stunning. Which UK retailer did you purchase from?
thank you, it came from Collectibles Direct. Statuesque Ltd is also another awesome retailer to try.
Old 05-11-2022, 12:21 PM   #956
wayne-m0
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid75 View Post
Congrats.

What did you do to insert the tail?
Thanks mate. The tail was a pain in the ass. I had some padding on the base as the tail rubs onto the base and had to try to maneuver the tail end with one hand and then try to align the peg at the end of the tail to fit into the body. It didn't want to go in to start with but i lifted the statue a tiny bit off the base and then it want in fine then I let it go gently down again.
Old 05-11-2022, 12:25 PM   #957
wayne-m0
The Spirit

Noticed today on very close inspection some tiny bits of paint off the hollow hose areas which run each side of the body. only one side seems to be affected. Its Like a seam line. Very small hardly noticeable so will look to get that varnished and touched up in future by a pro model maker. Wont do it myself id mess it up. I think its where it sits in the foam packing and maybe the tissue being so thin, there is some slight rubbing where it sits proud. Only notice it up really close with good strong lighting. I'm not going to complain or get this send back for such a small area. Only thing it could have had would be a nice sign plaque to put on the base or on the front to say ALIEN or something. Like my Nostromo has. Ok thats me all done and dusted and so even with the slight issue more than happy.
Old 05-11-2022, 12:48 PM   #958
FETTFAN
The Herculoids

Quote:
thank you, it came from Collectibles Direct. Statuesque Ltd is also another awesome retailer to try.
Which of the 2 heads do you prefer?
FETTFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2022, 12:50 PM   #959
wayne-m0
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speakeasy View Post
Oh ok, I see your your issue. It definitely looks like that little piece was either altered or maybe broke off. Here is a picture of what mine looks like. Hope this helps.
Hi mate, is yours all ok on your head piece???? It looks to me like the dome has separated away from the head and the glue bond is showing. Look at the dome to the head.

Sorry to add some woe but looking at your close up pic its come away and u have a gap on that side anyway???? Something for others to check. Ill do mine now. Its so hard to spot damage with something so intricate and detailed as this.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	EDF21EF1-496D-41E9-8824-A6D39A2AC84A.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	189.6 KB
ID:	149715  
Old 05-11-2022, 12:53 PM   #960
wayne-m0
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by FETTFAN View Post
Which of the 2 heads do you prefer?
I think i prefer the open mouth piece to be honest. That is what's on the statue now so I'm not going to mess about with it again the small hoses were a pain to slot in!!!! Don't want to do any damage to the side pipes.