Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Sports

Old 11-23-2022, 01:27 PM   #61
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedDog View Post
I did too, I started Cousins in a league and it almost bit me in the ass, barely survived and got the win And Tony Pollard is so much better than Zeke, and has been for a couple years, explosive and a good pass catcher...they should only use Zeke to give Pollard a breather.

And my Lions, 3 wins in a row...my fam is like we're still in the playoff hunt...why do we do this to ourselves

Oh man, sucks when that happens in Fantasy Football. At least you still got the win. Very nice!

And as long as the Cowboys keep using Pollard and Zeke, then it's fine. As long as it keeps working.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2022, 01:30 PM   #62
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Why in the hell would you make Cousins your fantasy QB? No way. No how. I laugh when I see him drafted. Your starting QB must have been on a bye
I lost my league this week because Tua was on a bye. Jimmy G did a solid job, except he used Kittle too much (who my opponent had).

I'm not even calling that a game. That was a nationally televised mass murder. Soooo bad. I thought my Vikes would put up more of a little fight, but when Hockenson dropped that pass in the end zone early on, I knew what kind of game it would be. I turned it off in the middle of the third. I rarely turn off a game, but watching Pollard run like a mad man was frustrating.

Meanwhile, those Lions beating up on the Giants displeased my husband (Lions fan). He wants them to play (aka lose) for draft picks

But that Vikings vs Bills game was very hard fought. Showed a lot of what the Vikings are or can be. I seriously thought they were going to fight the Cowboys the same way.
Old 11-23-2022, 01:32 PM   #63
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philintheblank View Post
No real way to blame Cousins either, they were on him as soon as the ball was snapped. That was wild to watch. Funny I dropped the Dallas defense for the Bangles to play the matchup.

I have to agree. That was not all Cousins fault. That was a team loss.
Old 11-23-2022, 05:51 PM   #64
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Why in the hell would you make Cousins your fantasy QB? No way. No how. I laugh when I see him drafted. Your starting QB must have been on a bye
I lost my league this week because Tua was on a bye. Jimmy G did a solid job, except he used Kittle too much (who my opponent had).
Haha, I didn't draft Cousins but I did drop his ass this week for Geno. I knew Dallas had a strong D but I didn't see that kind of debacle coming I also have Tua in another league, been a nice pickup after I drafted Russ, what a disaster that has been in Denver.
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2022, 08:16 PM   #65
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedDog View Post
Haha, I didn't draft Cousins but I did drop his ass this week for Geno. I knew Dallas had a strong D but I didn't see that kind of debacle coming I also have Tua in another league, been a nice pickup after I drafted Russ, what a disaster that has been in Denver.
It's been wild...I feel bad for him (Wilson)...minus all the money and hot wife. To think Geno would be the preferred QB at any point this season...and it's been all season.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2022, 11:19 PM   #66
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Never saw Geno coming. He is a happy little surprise to watch.
The Rams are seeing the exact same Stafford they had in Detroit. Which I’m sure as a Lions fan makes you happy, IceDog. Getting that draft pick higher and higher!!

I still would pull an LA Rams and take Stafford if it meant getting the lack of a SB win off the Vikings back. Oh wait…we have a version of Stafford…
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2022, 12:48 AM   #67
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
The Rams are seeing the exact same Stafford they had in Detroit. Which I?m sure as a Lions fan makes you happy, IceDog. Getting that draft pick higher and higher!!
You're right, that 2023 1st Round pick the Rams gave us keeps getting more valuable with each Rams loss That offense was already bad with Kupp, now it's completely lost.
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2022, 04:59 PM   #68
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Oh man that Buffalo/Detroit game was so fun!

Really really thought Detroit had it until the usual horrible defense when it counts. Also, Detroit had some questionable calls going against them. And god dammit Goff - stop missing wide open WRs by either not seeing them or poor passes. Ugh.
Old 11-25-2022, 01:24 AM   #69
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

That was a great game...Detroit's a solid team. Good bounce back win by the Vikings too.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2022, 10:59 PM   #70
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I know it’s not pro-ball……but…..GO BLUE!!!
Hail to the Victors!!!