Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 03-13-2022, 01:06 PM   #21
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdenham View Post
I was on Level52s site earlier, trying to dig up some specs on one of their earlier releases and they had a note about their situation as of a few months back.

I haven't kept up with them since getting my Frazetta piece back in 2018, so I wasn't aware of their issues outside of what everyone else is dealing with. Sounds like, as a small company, with a limited slate of projects all with small ES's, they are really getting squeezed out.

We all knew about the shipping issues, and I knew production costs had gone up- but I had no idea that polystone material costs had more than doubled- or that factory shifts had been impacted to that degree, throttling production schedules.

Every one that has been collecting for more than a few years now has seen the writing on the wall. Prices were rising faster than the rate of inflation pre-pandemic. I don't think we've seen anything yet.

So yes, for a lot of us, the sun is definitely setting. Time to enjoy what you have.
This part really speaks to me. Also, rather than just getting something new, I'm trying to focus on improving what I have. We all have pieces with one or two nitpick flaws. If those can be remedied with better paint, or even some sculpt modification, that's where my money has been going.
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2022, 09:01 PM   #22
pdenham
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackestNight View Post
I don't think statues will not be made in the future. I just think they will just cost more.

The jump from statues to figures is completely logical. Not sure if you sell anything but price point is everything. You would not believe how many more sales is possible at a $500 or lower price point than a $1000 price point. If you have great IP and the manufacturing capabilities there's no question a lower price point will make more money.

Unless these figures have super limited ES.

If like Hot Toys, there is no ES, you can capitalize on a single design far more with a figure than a statue with a set ES.
I agree with Silas in that, I've expected for a while now, that as prices rise and narrow the base, you are going to get two things happening
- a move to ultra expensive limited runs w/ all the bells and whistles (mostly marketing sizzle)
- a move to cheaper materials like PVC and Resin (yeah, I know- polystone is a polyresin)

That will allow them to lower prices (!?!) for a change.
Some collectors will drop out, citing the cheapening of the product. Some will migrate to the expensive stuff. Others will keep collecting, happy with the lower prices and rationalize that the new products "aren't that bad" and that "it's the skill of the sculptors and creativity of the designs that count the most anyway".

That last point is one I absolutely agree with.
I've been picking up the Diamond resin products for a couple years now. In some case (like their Dark Phoenix, classic Storm) I find their sculpts to be better or more creative representations of the characters than anything being put out by the big boys. They only lack in scale. But they are a hell of a lot batter value pieces than the smaller Iron Studio 1/10s at three to four x the price.
Another huge benefit- you can manhandle them and not worry about them shattering.

So moving to cheaper materials will buy them another ten years before prices get back to the level where more people are exiting and fewer coming in.

At least that's what I think will happen. Could always be wrong.

Speaking of Shenzhen (from the Level52 quote)-

https://twitter.com/kairyssdal/statu...Crmar6ndwpAAAA
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2022, 07:31 PM   #23
chokeman
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

This looks amazing.For the top pic one they should take off a few of the plastic strands and add real hair instead.
chokeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2022, 09:49 PM   #24
tarim69
Sailor Moon

That first pic looks like one of Ledgers TDK promo pics.

Looks great. Looking forward to those other licenses like GoT if they're going to be this quality
tarim69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2022, 01:39 AM   #25
xpl0sive
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdenham View Post
Even at 1/6 scale, this sub brand manages to use hair fibers that are more in-scale than JND at 1/3. That's kind of pathetic when you think about it (for JND).

Also more in scale than any HT I've ever seen.

First photo looks like it could be sculpted hair, but the bottom has to be "rooted".
The hair on the JND is scaled perfectly fine. The reason it appears thick is because they've styled it with hair product, so a lot of the fibres are stuck together, if you get what I mean. The strands themselves are super thin.

If you want to see how thin the hair they use is, look at Catwoman which doesn't have any hair product in it.
xpl0sive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2022, 02:48 AM   #26
pdenham
Teen Titans

After I originally posted that, Silas posted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
A few weeks ago, I would have agreed with you, but after seeing Catwoman in the "flesh" - I believe there has been a huge improvement on that front.
I still had my doubts, but since he's seen one in person and I haven't, I'm fine deferring any further criticism on that area until I see one myself.

After reading your post just now, I went back and looked at some close-ups of those areas.

The Selina hairline looks better to me than the Wonder Woman. I think it's a combination of the distance between strands and the hair product that was giving me the perception they were too large. Looking at the WW now, I can see a errant strand here and there, and they do look more in scale.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	selina.png
Views:	31
Size:	295.7 KB
ID:	147591   Click image for larger version

Name:	selina 2.png
Views:	27
Size:	324.2 KB
ID:	147592   Click image for larger version

Name:	ww.png
Views:	24
Size:	1.01 MB
ID:	147593  
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2022, 04:48 AM   #27
cocomonk22
Blue Falcon

INART 1:6 Scale TDK Joker Accessories Preview
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TH4PEUUfnSo
cocomonk22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2022, 05:26 AM   #28
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Studios Collectibles
INART 1/6 SCALE TDK JOKER ACCESSORIES PREVIEW!

Since we shared our 1/6 Heath Ledger Joker from our InArt Line with you, many of you have been active in the comments and in the messages looking for more detail of our accessories.

ACCESSORIES:
-M67 (Grenades)*2+M26 A1 (Grenades)*2+M26 A2 (Grenades)*1 【Material: Metal】
-Model 76 (Submachine Gun)*1+Model 76 (Clip)*1 【[Material: Metal】
-Glock17 (Handgun)*1+Glock17 (Clip)*1 【Material: Metal】
-(Switchblade)*1 【Material: ABS】
【Material: Metal】

In terms of miniature gun props, the prototype of Model 76 submachine gun in the film was restored to 1/6 scale.

The exclusive Logo and mechanism text on the gun body are engraved. In addition, the clip, pull-bolt and the gun butt are also restored with the same proportion of details. The separated clip and bullets can be loaded at will.

Mechanical movable bolt, with rebound structure, collapsible gun stock, in addition to folding mechanical structure, also equipped with mechanical snap device, to meet the placement of different gun forms, the same as Model 76 submachine gun,

We also did some detailed reconstructions of the Glock 17.
【Material: ABS】

In order to restore the authenticity and safety of its Switchblade, we changed the original metal material to ABS.

The material can restore the original thinness and sharpness of the blade under the premise of ensuring its safety.

The details of the blade can also be restored at a scale of 1/6.
Let us know your thoughts as always!

P.S more news about photos, prices, pre-order dates will be revealed in the next two weeks, stay tuned!
Screenshots by Hologram Al:

Shoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2022, 05:38 AM   #29
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Sounds impressive doesn't it? However, this has been the standard for 1:6 scale military figures for years. Still it's still great to know that Queen Studios is not going to downgrade the mechanical workings of the guns.

I did notice the "cheap" 1 piece plastic gun that came with the JND Catwoman - and she's 1/3 - I have fully detailed 1/3 Glock, Berreta and Desert Eagles that not only have real loading magazines, the bolt cycles and they eject spent rounds!! Considering the cost of the JND piece, it's lame that they didn't go to that level of detail......So, once again, Kudo's to Queen Studios for ensuring that level of detail is there.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2022, 11:41 AM   #30
ukshaun
Hercules

I own the Sideshow Collectibles Harley Quinn 1/4 PF which ships with a plastic pistol, and the barrel is banana shaped? ..it fails to match what Hot Toys is able to achieve quality wise at 1/6 scale
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote