Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 08-07-2021, 10:14 PM   #1301
qz33
Rescue

^ yeah that's back when statues were cheap. Back then bought many Videogames and systems from eBay.. sometimes you get nothing at all, other times listing says new and dirt from the earth pours out the box. But out of hundreds of transactions only about 4 went south for me. There's ALWAYS gonna be an element of risk.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2021, 03:35 PM   #1302
Shinobu Sensui
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Oh no doubt there will be risk. I definitely have bought and sold many things online. In fact I just sold a laptop an hour ago to a person on Craigslist face to face. I do think certain avenues are better for buying and selling certain things.

Rare collectibles and expensive things are better inspected in person or at a reputable dealer 99% of the time. Unless you absolutely just "have to have" an heirloom or something and just can't find it anywhere else.

I'll buy more common items online like phones and laptops, even gently used. I just find someone with a good return policy and a great reputation and I'm fine 95% of the time. Unfortunately that's much harder for collectibles as they are rare, expensive, and people don't like doing returns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecollector80 View Post
of the few statues i bought in the past that made me realize it was very risky to buy them on ebay was a cammy that came in with defects not mentioned in the description....sent it back then seller claimed it broke in half during transit....back then the return/refund process depended more on the seller and the carrier claims process....had to wait a long time to get a refund....statue had to be picked up by the carrier and inspected, approved then the seller got refunded which was then sent to me.....was a real headache back then....

second was a statue that broke on the way to me....seller accepted the return...seller issued refund and then the next day cancelled the refund....this was way back before ebay and paypal merged....had to go back and forth with ebay customer service on the phone but eventually got my money...

since those times no more statue buying for me
Shame that you had to deal with such sleazy people. Getting statues is an exhausting process. Having to return it is draining.

It definitely kills my interest for quite a while. Not that I planned on building a massive collection or anything.
Shinobu Sensui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2021, 11:34 PM   #1303
Shinobu Sensui

On top of all of this now, the person I sold the laptop to (a kid with his parents where I cut them a break on price) is now trying to say I sold him something with a black screen issue. I turned it on right in front of them and let them inspect it.

He said he opened it and tried to add parts and it started having problems. Unfortunately there's nothing I can do about that. All sales are final in person and you opened it.

I had a feeling his parents were going to start bugging me so I just burned the phone number. It sucks but I have too much on my plate already to have to deal with that.

What a nutty weekend.
Old 08-09-2021, 02:34 AM   #1304
thecollector80
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinobu Sensui View Post
On top of all of this now, the person I sold the laptop to (a kid with his parents where I cut them a break on price) is now trying to say I sold him something with a black screen issue. I turned it on right in front of them and let them inspect it.

He said he opened it and tried to add parts and it started having problems. Unfortunately there's nothing I can do about that. All sales are final in person and you opened it.

I had a feeling his parents were going to start bugging me so I just burned the phone number. It sucks but I have too much on my plate already to have to deal with that.

What a nutty weekend.
lol....and thats on craiglist...just a sign of our times especially with the younger generations....somebody else is always to blame...in this case you are at fault because you didnt take into account his experiment when you sold the laptop....now you learned a lesson
thecollector80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2021, 08:06 AM   #1305
Shinobu Sensui

That's how it's always been it seems. People want an easy out for something when they screw up. Thank god I didn't sell it on eBay. Someone could have done that and claimed INAD and got a refund and sent me a ruined machine (or at least one I'd have to troubleshoot).

I have sold laptops online before, but two were cheap ones with simple users, and one was a professional art tablet. I sold an art monitor as well. These were to people who were using it for basic means and I also talked to them on the phone to get a feel for them.

When someone plays Dr. Frankenstein with computers that's an entirely different thing.

What's that saying? Too clever by half? Smart enough to get yourself in more trouble essentially. That's why no knowledge is better than just a little knowledge. Hubris starts to kick in...
Old 08-11-2021, 10:54 AM   #1306
Shinobu Sensui

So I called eBay yesterday as I wanted to make sure I could do the return. I received an email last Thursday saying my return was accepted, but I received no shipping label. He said he was going to file a false report complaint as it was the only way he could dispute it.

Ebay said they would reach out to him about it. I wanted to make sure I wasn't past the return window if he hadn't disputed it and had in fact accepted it.

Well now he sent over a shipping label and truly accepted it. I suppose if I hadn't called I could have probably gotten a refund and had the statue but it's all good.

I only have so much room anyways and I plan on making my own statues soon.
Old 08-11-2021, 05:52 PM   #1307
thecollector80
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinobu Sensui View Post
So I called eBay yesterday as I wanted to make sure I could do the return. I received an email last Thursday saying my return was accepted, but I received no shipping label. He said he was going to file a false report complaint as it was the only way he could dispute it.

Ebay said they would reach out to him about it. I wanted to make sure I wasn't past the return window if he hadn't disputed it and had in fact accepted it.

Well now he sent over a shipping label and truly accepted it. I suppose if I hadn't called I could have probably gotten a refund and had the statue but it's all good.

I only have so much room anyways and I plan on making my own statues soon.
if he played hardball then yeah maybe there would be a chance you could get a refund and free statue

let us know if you receive the refund
thecollector80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2021, 06:16 PM   #1308
Shinobu Sensui

Ebay said they have my back so I should be fine. He could have waited until today to just send it but who knows? When they said they would call him and talk to him about it I was thinking, "Well you don't have to." I didn't say it though lol.

It's no problem. As I said before I have more room for something else in the future or if I decide to make something.

I'll keep you updated.

Hope all is well on your end.