Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 08-05-2021, 11:53 AM   #1051
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igo View Post
I know there's a totally different thread for the show, and I dont wanna detract from this thread, but overall I really liked the show and cant wait for Part 2.

It was rad seeing the Hordak Maquette and Skeletor Bust in soooo many shots of the after show... that was really freaking cool, especially seeing Mark Hamill get so much screen time with the Skelly Bust.

And I know it seems like it's been slow on our end with getting pieces out there, but we have been BUSY with getting this line gearing up... just a few curve balls in the last 6 months but I think we're gonna surprise some people real soon.

Appreciate all the love and support for this statue line. It's been amazing to continue the work I was a part of +6 years ago or so and I couldnt be more proud of the work the team has been doing with these pieces recently... Hoping we continue to make stuff fans of the franchise LOVE and want to buy, so this can be successful and we can go as deep as humanly possible with the character selections for as long as possible. One of my personal favorites is Snout Spout and I cant see getting to him any time soon haha.

But yah, hoping to have some updates to share REAL soon... We might make a small announcement in the newsletter this week.
Thanks for being engaged and positive with the community.

Understand it all takes time. If Teela is out by April 2022 be great and Sorceress be announced to follow her.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 12:24 PM   #1052
AlexLothos
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
I know there's a totally different thread for the show, and I dont wanna detract from this thread, but overall I really liked the show and cant wait for Part 2.

It was rad seeing the Hordak Maquette and Skeletor Bust in soooo many shots of the after show... that was really freaking cool, especially seeing Mark Hamill get so much screen time with the Skelly Bust.

And I know it seems like it's been slow on our end with getting pieces out there, but we have been BUSY with getting this line gearing up... just a few curve balls in the last 6 months but I think we're gonna surprise some people real soon.

Appreciate all the love and support for this statue line. It's been amazing to continue the work I was a part of +6 years ago or so and I couldnt be more proud of the work the team has been doing with these pieces recently... Hoping we continue to make stuff fans of the franchise LOVE and want to buy, so this can be successful and we can go as deep as humanly possible with the character selections for as long as possible. One of my personal favorites is Snout Spout and I cant see getting to him any time soon haha.

But yah, hoping to have some updates to share REAL soon... We might make a small announcement in the newsletter this week.
Thank you so much for this update! Very much looking forward to all and any announcements... bring on this week's newsletter!
AlexLothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 01:04 PM   #1053
Gerard
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I cannot express how much I hate the netflix show..

But I love Tweeterhead Teela so much. That is the real Teela concept !!!

Gerard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 02:08 PM   #1054
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Hoping we continue to make stuff fans of the franchise LOVE and want to buy, so this can be successful and we can go as deep as humanly possible with the character selections for as long as possible. One of my personal favorites is Snout Spout and I cant see getting to him any time soon haha.
I would genuinely buy a bad-ass 1:5 Snout Spout, always loved the vintage figure.

I hope the line goes deep enough to get fan favorite Mosquitor, he just recently got a deluxe Origins figure.

majestic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 02:37 PM   #1055
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

I love the Teela statue too. I just wish they had included an empty hand switch out to pair with the staff.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 02:57 PM   #1056
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
I'm not sure I need a statue of Ru-Paul in my collection, but I wouldn't be put off of more muscular female representation in my cabinets - at all.

In fact, that could be a real purchase point for me. A warrior woman swinging a sword all day, is going to have a certain - body type.

I haven't seen the new cartoons, but from all the noise, it seems fans are more upset with the (non physical) characterisation of Teela and the irrelevance of He-Man. I'm sure 99% of folks would be supportive of a muscular Teela in and of itself.
It's a bit relative too... I mean, did you see how big they draw the men?

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Preternia-Heroes-of-He-Man-and-the-Masters-of-the-Universe-Revelations.jpg
Views:	247
Size:	78.8 KB
ID:	141853  
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 06:31 PM   #1057
AlexLothos
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post

It's all very much in line with the concept of the original toy line. The artists took the original frame and packed on more muscles. It's a pretty cool hallmark of the property and the characters within.
AlexLothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 07:22 PM   #1058
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexLothos View Post
It's all very much in line with the concept of the original toy line. The artists took the original frame and packed on more muscles. It's a pretty cool hallmark of the property and the characters within.
Totally agree... I'm just pointing out that the human form in the new MOTU show, overall, is way towards one end of the muscularity scale. So complaining about a screen grab of Teela with no context isn't really appropriate.
Old 08-05-2021, 08:40 PM   #1059
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:

Quote:
Totally agree... I'm just pointing out that the human form in the new MOTU show, overall, is way towards one end of the muscularity scale. So complaining about a screen grab of Teela with no context isn't really appropriate.
Not really sure why you quoted me in your post? I've got nothing against Teela being muscular. Maybe you confused my response with someone else.

As we say, you're preaching to the choir
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 08:44 PM   #1060
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
Not really sure why you quoted me in your post? I've got nothing against Teela being muscular. Maybe you confused my response with someone else.

As we say, you're preaching to the choir
It was in agreement with you that Teela looks fine I guess I'm bad at agreeing... I should do it more