Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 08-05-2021, 02:22 PM   #1781
VILE GUILE
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryTonge View Post
I like it better, personally speaking. The pose, numerous switch-outs and base do it for me. Those are the features that caught my eye when this piece was first revealed.
What do you think about the size of the skulls that came with it? They look a little too small in relationship to me.
VILE GUILE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 03:57 PM   #1782
GaryTonge
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by VILE GUILE View Post
What do you think about the size of the skulls that came with it? They look a little too small in relationship to me.
The skulls are huuuuge! Lol. When you get this in person, you'll see what I'm talking about. That's why I'm worried about putting them in the netting; they're big and heavy.
GaryTonge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 06:02 PM   #1783
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by marker2037 View Post
If I owned this piece, I would consider trying to make a more accurate mask by filling in all the pitting/texture for a smooth surfae and do a repaint.

I bet that could really set this off.

However, I also think it looks good as a comic statue too.
That’s exactly what I would do.

Get out the AVES apoxie sculpt, fill in with a nice, thin layer,, sand, prime, sand, prime, (maybe sand, prime one final time depending) and paint.
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 06:26 PM   #1784
VILE GUILE
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryTonge View Post
The skulls are huuuuge! Lol. When you get this in person, you'll see what I'm talking about. That's why I'm worried about putting them in the netting; they're big and heavy.
I actually have it. I posted a couple pics of mine a few pages back. I was saying the skulls are small compared to the Predators scale. Look at his head size compared to them is what I'm saying...
VILE GUILE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 07:15 PM   #1785
GaryTonge
Kingpin

Quote:
I actually have it. I posted a couple pics of mine a few pages back. I was saying the skulls are small compared to the Predators scale. Look at his head size compared to them is what I'm saying...
I saw a photo of someone comparing the skulls to a regular 1/4 scale portrait and they looked like Andre the Giant.
GaryTonge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 11:29 PM   #1786
pau123
Sailor Moon

The size and pose of this one is just nice and right. Will fit in well in most home.
pau123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 11:52 PM   #1787
Ljaat
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Yep, as someone who plans to really only have 1 pred.. this hits all the spots. Especially with the victim.
Ljaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2021, 12:41 AM   #1788
Zoldner
Fantastic Four

Quote:
The skulls are perfect size if you use the both masked heads. You can tell the unmasked heads could have been a tad bit bigger. but only a little. They seem a little small for his overall body. But not to much that its unforgivable. but if you put on the mask head and hold up the skull in front like Arnie's in the move. You will see its a nice size overall. But in the end I think they could have shifted fill from the body to the heads if they wanted to save on poly stone. Just a tiny bit I'm saying. Still an Awesome piece.

Ordered the 1/3DXS also. Going to be a long few years. lol
Zoldner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2021, 03:31 AM   #1789
Swaper
Frackin!

I have a question to anyone who has both big game and the victim.

Are the human skulls similar in size compared to each other? I mean we have like a couple of polished skulls, one bloody spine/skull on the Big Game and the whole body of the victim.

They look close on the pictures but wasn't enough to be sure

Congrats to anyone who has them 👍
Swaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2021, 06:42 PM   #1790
bearmdel
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Hi guys!

Can anyone suggest a good place to get a reasonably priced pedestal for the 1/4 Cover art Predator? I found a couple of places but the stands are almost 300 bucks. Or better... Can you suggest how I could display it?

Thanks
bearmdel is offline   Reply With Quote